main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas Says Indy 5 a Possibility?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Stargate crossover!

:p

2. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    As long as they leave Marion at home, I'll be fine...

I think the Garden of Eden would be cool for Indy (and Mutt) to go after. It contains the Tree of Knowledge and the Tree of Life. Just no more sci-fi stuff please.

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    What about the Fountain of Youth? [face_thinking]

I mean, I know that Harry Potter kinda ruined that one, but hey!

4. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    Wouldn't that pretty much be the same as the Holy Grail?

Then again, the Tree of Life is similar as well.

5. Kapoof

Kapoof Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2008
    I think in Indy V, he should go to the moon! He should also meet, and probably fight, James Bond.

Nah, can you imagine?

It's funny, i've been here trying to think of another good "MacGuffin" (can't believe i'm using this term myself now all the sudden). It's not easy to come up with something! And the more i looked at lists of archaeological mysteries, the more i appreciate what they did with the Crystal Skull, the Nazca Lines, and Francisco de Orellana and even Roswell. I only wish it had all been slightly more comprehensible and powerful in the movie. But still, the idea itself was pretty darn good now that i think about it.

Ya know, Atlantis really could be a pretty deep and interesting story. Might involve the Bermuda Triangle. But i'm just not sure it fits Indiana Jones. He'd have to be sailing around on a ship and crap. Probably wouldn't come off right on screen.

Wait wait wait....

What about a search for the sword Excalibur? Legend says that anyone holding the sword is invincible, shielded by the power of "love", i guess. Definitely something that some bad guys would want, and Indy would try to stop them from getting (and a great archaeological relic/Arthurian legend). PLUS, we know Mutt is pretty good with a sword, hehe.

That's it. I'm writing Lucas.

6. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Atlantis or Excalibur might be interesting. Atlantis in particular, because they COULD reference Sci-Fi elements (something they've established they want to do. Sorry folks.) and more crazy technology... Russians with magitech pyschokinetic powers? Sounds like a potential winner, if very far from the original pulp "grit" of Indy. Almost more in line with Hellboy.

-TJ

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Excalibur would rock in theory but it would have to have some kind of epic danger to it.

-sj loves kevin spacey

8. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I had a similar idea leading up to Indy 4. I came up with a pretty good teaser poster and title.

[image=http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4848/shoresofavaloncn3.jpg]

9. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

[face_idea]

I like it Gobi, I like it a LOT. Great idea!

:cool:

10. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    I would be down for more Indy movies. Like some have suggested, you can't do it without Harrison Ford. I really liked the alternate reality/estra-terrestrial theme to this last movie, and would not mind see it explored more with other films. I really like the Norse mythology thing that someone brought up earlier. Surely something like that could have some potential, and take us where Indy has not been seen by us before.

11. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    "There is no Indy 5."--GL on Attack of The Show interviewed by Blair Butler.

But of course, maybe he'll change his mind. Shangri La or the Fountain of Youth would be my picks.

12. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Of course he'll change his mind, just like I think he'll eventually do on Star Wars. Too much money their.

13. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    I've found the new MacGuffin:

From Wikipedia:

The Tablets of Destiny are mentioned in Mesopotamian mythology as a set of clay tablets which hold the power of creation and destruction.

Link

14. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Indy 5 and 6 should be made. They have really set Shia LaBeouf up as the future of Indiana Jones, but he's not there yet. He's still just a little too young. Give him two more films with Harrison, let him grow older, and give him more to do, and he is the perfect heir to the hat at the end of Indy 6. I completely respect the fact that they decided not to have Mutt don the hat at the end of Crystal Skull, and I thought the ending was incredibly classy. There is a lot of undeveloped potential with the father son dynamic, and it would be fun to echo some of the elements of Last Crusade. It would be nice to go back to China and Europe since we haven't really had a supernatural artifact located there yet, and I think an adventure into the North Pole would be kind of fun as well. The only drawback to doing two more films is that now that Indy is married, it would alienate audiences to hook him up with yet another woman. The love interest would have to be Mutt's, and the other two films would almost have to have Karen Allen involved in some way.

15. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    I think it would be cool to see "married Indy" on an adventure. As a Bond-esque adventurer, it's his natural impulse to [fudge] any girl he gets thrown into an adventure with. It'd be interesting to see how he reacts with another woman while treasure hunting. Add some Mutt in there, to get pissed off whenever they act too flirty, and you have some good comedy potential.

16. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I agree. My vision for Indy 5 would be a return to China with Cate Capshaw and Mutt, and Mutt learns Indy and Willie had a thing going and creates some awkwardness.

17. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    Indiana Jones and the Key to the World

All this stuff about the maya calendar and whatever may happen in 2012 got me thinking...

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Meh. Whatever, he'll either come around or he's lying. Because he's also already mentioned that their might be an Indy V. What he probably means is that at the moment there's not an Indy V, there's not an official production setup, package, or script. But I think it would be ridiculous for Lucas to NOT do the one things fans want him to now [face_plain]

-sj loves kevin spacey

19. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    INDIANA JONES AND THE QUEST FOR EXCALIBUR

I'd really like Indy 5 to be Indy & Mutt going after Excalibur I think there's enough interesting legends and mystery to be used and there could be lots of character development between Indy & Mutt and they could make some comparison between Uther Arthur's father being Indy and Mutt being Arthur taken other the mantle from Indy or something like that I'm not a writer either way I really want Indy 5 so here's hoping.

20. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    It's interesting: after the Ark of the Covenant, it's hard to come up with good artifacts to go after.

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    That's sort of what I was thinking, too. Being that the legend of Excalibur is all about a young man being given a new responsibility *and* it's through a sword (and we know Mutt's weapon of choice is the sword), it would fit together really well thematically.

-sj loves kevin spacey

22. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Indiana Jones and the Search for the Millennium Falcon

23. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    That's a very good point, actually. Maybe it wasn't just a coincidence that Mutt is already a good swordsman. [face_thinking]

24. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Atlantis was used well in the classic LucasArts videogame Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis.

Tower of Babel used (sort of) in Indiana Jones & the Infernal Machine.

Terracotta Armies and Eastern Relics in Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb.

The next videogame will use the Staff of Moses as the macguffin in Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings.

There's also a fangame for Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth (well worth playing the demo, especially if you're a fan of Fate of Atlantis.

I would kinda like the next movie to have a cryptozoology element to it, especially if it's got a lot more Mutt - that could be his direction. Biology / Archeology rather follow exactly in his father's footsteps.

25. Kapoof

Kapoof Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2008
    [face_laugh]

Yeah, i really want Indy V, and i'd love for it to be Excalibur. It makes sense for a few reasons. Petition time! (atleast for a sequel)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.