main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Lucas Spoiled the Big Three Signing on Purpose !!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWars2015, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    Listen, I know Im about to be totally flamed for this but it is what it is. The Best Thing that has happened to Star Wars since Empire Strikes Back debuted in May of 1980 was the DAY DISNEY PURCHASED Lucasfilm and everything to do with it.

George Lucas while being a great Visionary, has spent his life holding things back form the People that allowed him to amass his multi-billion dollar empire. After Return of the Jedi in 1983, he totally left the game, retreating into suclusion, waiting for the frenzy and excitment of his creation to fade away. One problem arose however, IT NEVER DID. Thanks to renewed interest and a very popluar Comic Series by Dark Horse in 1991, Star Wars returned. and by 1995 George Lucas finally emerged form hiberation to begin work on what would become the most highly antisipated but grossily mismanaged and poorly produced films on record. They are universely known as the Prequels and to coin a phase, they ****. If you watch all three movies together, only bits and parts can be taken seriously with the Famous and Legendary OT.

Notwithstanding the Prequels did one thing well, they made money and money attracts the Powerful, hence Disney purchase of the entire Franchise. Now we can look forward to Star Wars Movies that live up to the overall greatness of the Saga itself, under the direction of creative directors and people who care about the universe which will produce things that will amaze us all on screen in 2015.

Back to Lucas, while I respect the man for bringing us Star Wars, I dont really understand how he has set on so much material over the years ( Dont get me wrong, it was his right to do so) It is come to lite that their are story treatments, for 7,8,9, that they are hundreds if not thousands of written material on the next trilogy as well as the spinoffs locked away deep in the vaults of Lucasfilm. To this date only three people have seen these that we know about, Lucas himself and the 2 top people running Disney. People seem to easily forgive Lucas for all his errors, for giving up on Star Wars for over 20 years, for making three of the worst followups of all time, for lieing over and over again about having no desire to even attempt 7,8,9...... and with Disneys purchase and the announcement of many more films in the years to come, I forgive him as well. But should we all overlook so easily the fact that he just spoiled one of Disneys biggest moments yet the come. The Annoucement that the Big Three has signed on for the Next Trilogy. Im Sure Disney was planning a big convention blockbuster staged announcement with all three in attendence inculding Harrison Ford but now some of the luster of that moment is ruined......

If you think Lucas had just a slip up, you should think again, everything he does is calulated for a reason.........................Has Jealously already taken hold, Why cant he just Retire in peace with all his riches and live happily ever after and let us fans enjoy the rebirth of the Galaxy far, far away and hopefully keep it far, far away form Lucas forevermore.

2. Darth Pharaoh

Darth Pharaoh Jedi Knight

Feb 6, 2013
    I want Disney to milk it and make a lot of movies. It seems like its getting easier and easier to produce good quality movies these days and I think that factored in heavily for Disney.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh for the love of all that is holy give me a break. :rolleyes:[face_sick]

4. Boba_Fat83

Boba_Fat83 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    I totally agree...what a load. I think some fan fiction about how Wickit was actually a Sith Lord and will be the main bad for the next Trilogy would be better received than this Lucas hating crap.[face_phbbbbt]

5. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Lock please? Don't we have enough foolish Lucas Bashers on this forum as it is?

6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    With all due respect FAIL. This sounds like the ramblings of a UFO conspiracy theorist. While I understand your cynicism, and all accept some of your premises. IMHO, your argument is non sequitur.

KED12345 and yodasbum like this.
  7. Darth Gumby

Darth Gumby Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2013

This is why I was a lurker for SO long instead of posting. It's posts like this that really make me sick. If you hate the prequels or Lucas so much, go somewhere else. Really, life is much more important than wasting it on pointless venomous speech. Enjoy what you like about Star Wars, and ignore what you don't.

Really, calm down. They are, after all, just movies... (Oops, maybe I'll get flamed for that one...)

yodasbum likes this.
  8. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Not necessary

9. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Some good points & some overly harsh ones. The most ridiculous being the idea that GL deliberatley spoiled the big 3 casting. That said I don't support flaming you or locking this thread. It's good to get a variety of views both good & bad

yodasbum likes this.
  10. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Oh for the love of....

Come on, it was clearly a minor slip up from a guy who for the past 35 years was in charge of it all and simply just talked faster than his mind was thinking it through. At the end of the day, he only told us what we already knew due to Carrie Fishers slipup and Mark Hamill flatout confirming the talks previously for ep 7 for all the big 3.

At th end of the day there was no harm here, not like he revealed any real plot. The writting was on the walls already with that question, all George did was point to it lik several did before him.

He clearly was backtracking right after, so this was clearly just a slipup since apurposeful passive agressive bs, to something that everyone knew already but where just waiting for the 'offical' statement just on the insane odds the actors dont want a lot of money for small cameo rolls.

oh and lets assume Kathleen Kenedy, Micheal Arndt, and Lawrence Kasdan have seen the story treatments too... I mean how else is Arndt going to write it, Kasdan help with it as stated, and Kenedy produce them and run the company to help them. Plus sooner or later JJ Abrams will get a peak at at least ep 7... you cant direct it without the real script after all

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Anybody handing out tinfoil hats in this thread? I'm down!

Darth Chiznuk and StoneRiver like this.
  12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Dude, you've got your avatar all wrong. You're not a dwarf. You need this one. :)

[​IMG]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    not sure about all that...but I do agree the prequels totally sucked!

14. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    I don't really get what the first poster is on about other than a creative fictitious narrative. But lets say that George did let it slip on purpose. Chances are if he did so it was to take the heat off Carrie Fisher who said way too much in recent interviews and had a ton of media coverage after her manic episode.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  15. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Correction: It's easier to produce good-looking movies these days.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  16. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    Once again let's clear something up- George is Disney- now (after the death of Steve Jobs) he is the single largest shareholder at the company. So George would only be screwing himself over.

I don't blame him for not making anymore Star Wars and the bike started in this thread highlights why. One thing that George ain't done us dilute the Star Wars cinematic franchise because let's face it he could've milked it.

Finally it's not as if this wasn't something that was unknown. I knew this was likely to happen when The Disney deal was announced and Each of the big 3 have had leaks in the last few weeks.

As far as I'm concerned George can leak whatever the hell he wants. Star Wars is and will always be his.

17. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    This is all shenanigans and tomfoolery.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The hell?

I can't say I've ever wanted to spend that much time analyzing what goes on in George Lucas' head, for better or for worse.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    No, it seems like it's getting easier and easier to pass off films riddled with cliched plots, cheesy scripts and one dimensional characters as 'good quality' movies. But I do agree that it factored in for Disney.

20. TheMasterOfSoresu

TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2011
    When I see Yoda in phone adverts, I'm inclined to disagree.

21. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    and followed by:

So the PT was grossly mismanaged and poorly produced for a reason you say?
    (That is, if they actually were grossly mismanaged and badly produced ;) OPINION)

And by the way, it's from, hibernation, anticipated, grossly, and universally :p

Out of interest, where did you coin that phrase from? Is it a well known phrase cuz I'd love to know where it came from. [face_thinking]

my kind of scum likes this.
  22. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Prequel-bashing and Lucas-bashing. Perfect formula for a

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.