main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Lucas... the jealous type?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by DarthFart, Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthFart

DarthFart Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2003
    Hi everybody

I was reading empire the other day and it was a lotr3 special, so as you can imagine bein a proud kiwi, I was enjoying the praise heaped on P Jackson by his cast until I read what Sean Astin had to say about Lucas... Basically it entailed that Lucas snobbed Astin because he was associated with the rings. Which really sucked as Astin was a big starwars fan until that moment...

Any thoughts? or am I just spreading gossip.

2. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Just spreading gossip me thinks.

3. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    strange cause PJ etc went to the skywalker ranch for help and tips on the cg parts for the LOTR. So I don't think Lucas "looks down on people associated with LOTR".

//shrugs//

4. Mr_Burns

Mr_Burns Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 12, 2001
    The four main Hobbit actors were invited to the set of AOTC. Doesn't seem like a rude gesture to me.

TFN story about that

Seemed he was rather happy with things, there. Haven't read the Empire article, but unless they horribly misinterpreted the line about Lucas remaining coy about Episode II, I can't see the visit would have been the cause of any problems.

And Lucas loaned Astin a HD camera -- the kind used for AOTC -- for the short film he shot during LOTR pick-ups, The Long and the Short Of It. So unless something changed, I don't think there has been any animosity between the two camps.

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Also there are a few actors in both movies - most noteably Christopher Lee.

Seems like the line was misinterpreted.

6. Mr_Deflok

Mr_Deflok Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    Let us not forget PJ's use of the Wilhelm scream either.

7. KENBENOKI387

KENBENOKI387 Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    I don't like htis topic much but I'll put my two cents in anyway. Why would GL be jealous of PJ. Thats not how filmmaking works. There seems to be ,in NZ anyway, a really biased view of LOTR, they are great movies don't get me wrong. It's always assumed that GL is money hungry, always wanting merchandising, always making movies to sell it. What a crock. Yet when LOTR brings out every piece of merch under the sun, no one blij=nks an eye. I mean what does a yo-yo got to do with LOTR? Granted, it probaly wasn't PJ's choice, but I'm sure the LOTR store at Te Papa was. And just so you know, Saul Zeantz (sp!) who is the owner of LOTR film rights and ex-producer is a really god friend of GL, so I think GL would be happy it has done well. I love the LOTR movies but not as much as SW, I mean Luke is a better character than Frodo anyday. My opinion, don't get offended please.

8. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Um, o.k. I think......

9. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Granted, it probaly wasn't PJ's choice, but I'm sure the LOTR store at Te Papa was

?[face_plain]

No. Peter Jackson is completely different to Lucas. Lucas has made a company - LucasArts and Lucasfilm etc which deals with the merchandise (correct me if I'm wrong) - whereas Peter Jackson is merely the director of a movie. He has nothing to do with the store at Te Papa. Weta Workshops probably does as most of the stuff at the store at the museum is made by them, but once again that's not Peter.

*cough* at least frodo doesn't whine like a baby *cough*

j/k :p ;)

10. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    its a difficult comparison, because Lucas created the Star Wars Universe from scratch, whereas PJ was merely an instrument in telling a story that Tolkien created.

don't get me wrong, PJ did a super job :)

11. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    yea, my point - just more to the point. lol

12. Mr_Deflok

Mr_Deflok Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    No-ones mentioned the Matrix Trilogy yet so I feel as thought I am obliged too.

THE MATRIX TRILOGY.

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.