New Jersey LUCAS TO HAND OVER REINS?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthGyos, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    ROFL
    AMEN!! They should bring in like Kevin Smith or someone that has a real love for the franchise to make sure it's done right. I'd like to see what JJ Abrams (Alias) could do in Uncle George's sandbox.
  2. johnny_nod Jedi Knight

star 3
    "Star Wars" by way of the WB...no offense, Marie...may just go the way of teen fare.

"Next Thursday...on 'Naboo, 90210'..." :)

Heartily agree that whoever gets the ticket to pen a TV manifestation of that galaxy far, far away, he/she had better do his/her homework before writing so much as a word of material!

And yes, Genndy Tartakovsky(the "Clone Wars" cartoons) did VERY well by the franchise, even if they didn't have all the original actors aside from Anthony Daniels...

I'd say Uncle George should commission a "Special Edition" of the Clone Wars cartoons in which we get all the SW actors to voice their own roles, but I doubt this'll happen anytime soon.

Or will it? ;)

- Johnny
  3. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Smallville isn't 90210-esque. Now the OC, there's a show that is. *rolls eyes at OC*

Smallville is very well written & directed, and I don't think they'd make it a teenie saga like Dawson's Creek.

4. johnny_nod Jedi Knight

star 3
    Fair enough...after all, they've got legions of Super-fans to think about! :)

My own deference insofar as Superman is concerned has always been the films(or rather, the first two). Since I'm not much of a TV watcher(My last favorite show: Mystery Science Theater 3000), I don't know much about "Smallville" beyond the premise.

I will, however, trust your word in its excellence, Marie. :)

- Johnny
  5. LifeSabre Jedi Master

star 4
    They should turn the Star Wars Tv Series into a comedy like seinfeld

throw a bunch of costumed maniacs into a NYC apartment complex and just set up the cameras

vader could easily be the "kramer" character

I can see Han as the young "george" character

and chewie as the Elaine part would just be great
  6. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Smallville is very well written & directed,

I Agree! Shows like Dawsons Creek, the Mountain, and Everwood, have much more "soap opera" material compared to Smallville.

Speaking of Smallville (off topic) WHAT AN EPISODE LAST NIGHT :eek:!!!!!!! I missed most of season 3, though I did catch up on past episodes from a Smallville website, and can't wait for it to come out on DVD in November.
  7. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Outcast, shhhhhhhh!! I didn't watch my tape yet!! ;)

I trust that it was awesome, because no episode of Smallville has ever disappointed me :)
  8. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Outcast, shhhhhhhh!! I didn't watch my tape yet!!

:oops: Sorry about that. If you wouldn't mind I'd like to pick your brain to answer some questions of what I've missed. Let me know when you watch your tape. Until then, my lips are sealed [face_not_talking].
  9. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll start a Smallville thread in here so we can discuss :) I'm thinking about watching it in a bit, actually. Gary's busy playing Battlefront.
  10. DarthYJTyranus Jedi Master

star 1
    Good call DEX! J.J. Abrams could do a great job with Star Wars on TV. I like Smallville, but the writers on Alias are better. IMO Smallville fizzles out in the last ten minutes too often.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.