main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucas to remake Prequel Episodes 1, 2, and 3 again!!!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by JediStarKiller, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStarKiller

JediStarKiller Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    As much as I love Star Wars I mean love it. Hundreds of figures, posters, games, all editions of the movies. First opening night tickets in cases...I am overall let down by these prequels. I was expecting so much more...I was expecting another star wars trilogy. But instead I got these films.

I can't help but be a little...let down and angry. I think I am going over to the Dark Side! I can't help and think these movies are mere glimmers of what they really could have been!!!

Episode I was a joke. II had like two moments..thats about it. And III was ok.

Look if he listened to the fans...they would have been alot better. I didn't need a 9 year old anakin in TPM. I would have much better loved to see Yoda actually training a younger Obi-Wan. Now that I would have watched. Put Yoda in Qui-Gons place, kill of Binks, actually use sets insteads of CGI...and you have a pretty good film...

Everyone had their own expectations and story as to how anakin became darth vader. All we really knewa bout where that the clone war happened and Obi-Wan was responsiblity for ultimately killing Anakin. In a sense. I know it was mostly anakins faults..but anyway....well before these were even planned
    Heres what I think the trilogy should have been.

Episode I:
    Yoda trains Obi-Wan on the ways of the force. And at the very end they find young anakin...but not nine years of age ani. More like 15 year old ani.

Episode II:
    Obi-Wan (now a Jedi) with Yoda's premission begins to train young Anakin about 21 now, who has troubles controlling his powers and emotions. And delves into this deeper. Anakin starts to show a interest in Padme...not the whole love thing but more subtle...like Han and Leia.

Episode III:
    The Jedi now have already become the enemy. Anakin now about 25 and a Jedi. Is torn apart from staying true to the Jedi or saving the woman he loves. He eventually strays toward the dark side. Basically everyone knows the story of his downfall...well before this film came out. I just think it could have been less of a popcorn flick and actually done alot better. Code 66...blah!!

I use to dream about the awesome prequel trilogy...Now I wish Mr.Lucas will actually redo these episodes right and good this time around...but its only dream. I don't know about the rest of you...

Does anyone else feel like they could have been a ton better!? Because honestly I do.

2. wanderer-bkb

wanderer-bkb Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    Yes they could have been better, except Episode III that is I have no complaints about that one.

The only problem with the films is the poor dialogue (i think it is truly awfull in some places), there is nothing wrong with the acting as people so often say. If I could make one change it would be to make Jar Jar less of a moron and have him speak properly.

Really I think it all turned out very well in the end.

3. AnotherUser

AnotherUser Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Nothing wrong with the acting? LOL. I'm sorry but some of these people Lucas hired didn't earn their paycheck the way Ewan, Ian, Neeson, some other noteworthy folks did and there's no way anyone can deny that. It's right there on film for all to see.

I wouldn't mind a redo of episodes 1 and 2. Three just needs more room to breathe. It felt crammed to the top with plot, it was overwhelming.

Delete the excess stuff. If we got a break from jar jar while on tatooine, it would have been so much better. We could focus more on other characters for a change, no?

No midichlorians.
    More cohesive story it all.
    The inconsistancies and letdowns (who erased kamino?) are no good.

This trilogy needs a few special editions, me thinks.

4. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    i think the prequel movies are all great in there own way, most people have things they hate about them, but they are all good....Lucas made them the way he wanted to make them and i mean it was his vision so it is his choice :)

5. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    If you hate the PT so much... GET OUT!!!
    This forum is for people who like the PT. Go complain to someone else! The thing is you apparently are an OT fan and grew up with the OT, those are your generation's trilogy, you guys were kids when they came out. For those of us who grew up with the PT, this is our generation's trilogy, we were kids when TPM came out and brought us into SW. Remember these fims are made for kids except for ROTS. I am not saying the PT fans hate the OT, I realy like the OT and have some parts I don't like but you don't see any of us going over to the OT forum and bring people down and say those movies sucked and they need to be changed.
    QUIT COMPLAINING!!!

6. JediStarKiller

JediStarKiller Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    Actually I was born after the Originals came out I was not a kid. These are my "generations trilogies" as you called them and I am upset that we get this crap as opposed to the heart, soul, acting, story and everything of the three originals. Prequels=Total let down, besides if your a fan...your a fan. I love Star Wars...that why I think we should get what we deserve...3 good prequels.

Everyone says they are Georges films. Well they were...but ever since he released Star Wars they became our films. Not just his anymore. he gave the story to us...then totally seems to snooze through these prequels, like they didn't matter.

7. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    Like they didn't matter, they mattered to him, he has been wanting to do these movies for most of his life and finally he has completed his life work..

I would not change them at all...they all work out the way he vision them and they are all great. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.