main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL LucasArts & Ensemble - SW:Battlefields

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediJeff13, Feb 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    If you have been in the woods, it was released today that LucasArts and Ensemble Studios have teamed up to create Star Wars:Battlegrounds. For those that may not recognize the second company, Ensemble has created probably the BEST RTS (real time strategy) game in it's Age of Empires series (AoE, RoR (Rise of Rome), AoK (Age of Kings) and The Conquerors). If you have not seen or played any of these, I highly recommend getting either RoR (you will need the original AoE to play though), or AoK, though AoK does need a pretty good computer to run. However, these games are fantastic!!!! And to think they will create a SW game with the AoE game engine is really exciting news. Though I never bought Force Commander, I heard it was disappointing as a RTS game. So, LucasArts going to the best RTS manufacturer is great news in my book.

If you want to read a good interview about the game, try here---> http://pc.ign.com/news/31839.html.

Otherwise, get excited, folks. It is gonna be a hell of a great ride! :D

2. BoB

BoB Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    I really hope that they make a stradegy game since rebellion and force commander weren't that great of games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.