main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LucasArts = The Weakest videogame Publisher

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lord-Draco, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    LOL! I'm as far from being a Lucas hater as possible. Sure, I've been dissapointed with their efforts lately, but when looking back at their company history, I give them one big fat thumbs up. As for "whinning" when BF2 comes out, I don't even plan on buying it. At least not right away. If I read lots of positive reviews, and hear good things I might check it out. But it would take a lot. I am excited about Empire at War though. [face_dancing]

2. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I'm not jumping the gun or anything but I'll more then likely give Battlefront 2 a 8.5 or higher in my review. Putting together of what I have played of the game, plus what I have seen of the game, plus what I know of the game, as of now it stands as a 8.5 or higher which is really good.

Thats just me though, I have a feeling that IGN/Gamespot is going to give it scores like 7.7 or 7.9 or some crap like that.

3. DroidGeneral

DroidGeneral Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Bf1 got a 7.9 and it was, accoriding to you guys, "lacking quality" or "content". Now, if Bf2 fills in alot of that content I'm sure it will make the score atleast a 8.3-8.5.

In my book, if it fulfills the Star Wars game promise, which is to immerse the player in the star wars experience, i'll give it a 10.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Please, please, please only quote the part of the post you are reposding to. All these quotes with in quotes are making the thread hard to follow. Not a rule or anything, just for easy of my old eyes :p

5. Fist_of_Mandalore

Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2005
    So, even if it has horrible bugs, clunky controls and whatnot, as long as it immerses you in the SW universe(how do you definw immerse by the way?) it is perfect no matter what?I apologise, for I'm not trying to sound flamey but that sounds idiotic. I'd rather have a game with good controls, graphics and hardly any bugs that is not SW, then have a horrible game that is SW. And, in response to those saying that SW games are rising in quality, look at KotOR 2, BF 1, RS 3 and SWG(how many acronyms can I fit in a sentence? :p ). Compared to games like X-Wing series, the earlier Rogue Squadrins, SoTE, Dark Force and JO, these games are lacking in quality. LA is still producing some good games, but mainly the new games are buggy, clunky controls and lack depth(ok, KotOR 2 didnt lack depth but it could of had much more depth)

6. DroidGeneral

DroidGeneral Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005

Well, usually the games I play, are good games to begin with. Games that I enjoy. Immersing me in the SW experience is basically allowing me to fell like I'm in the heat of a Large land battle on geonosis. Or flying in the thick of space combat near Prince Xizor's skyhook, or allowing me to chose one of four jedi and use there certain force powers to destroy the TF on Naboo, or feeling that I've just taken out the Empire's new "Darktrooper" and that I have achieved a great victory for the Rebellion.
    Those games, usually don't have bugs. All games have flaws, you people fail to realize that. WAKE UP. No game has ever or will ever be perfect. Meaning flawless gameplay, no bugs, no glitches, realism, blah, blah, blah. That's what I call a perfect game. All I have to do is have fun and I'm satisfied. I don't bitch because of one glitch that rarely happens or gameplay isn't flawless. In the end, if I have fun, its a good game in my book.

7. Jango-Fett10

Jango-Fett10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Lucasarts = dope.

8. MasterWiYa

MasterWiYa Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Haha, thanks for the contribution.

9. Jango-Fett10

Apr 27, 2005
    No problem (If you were talking to me) :)

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Dispite the bugs, I liked KOTOR-2 a lot.

11. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    Is that spam? ;)

12. Tie_Defender

Tie_Defender Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2005
    **claps for droid general**

That is exactly how I feel even if a game has couple of glitches it can still be a great game. Its all about if the game is enjoyable or not.

[face_shame_on_you]

13. Jango-Fett10

Apr 27, 2005
    I think Lucasarts publishes some really good games.

14. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    Yes, but some games are ruined by glithces. KotOR 2, even with my own high-end machine(and I assure you, I surpassed even the recommended specs several times over), the glitches such as the game frequently stopping, crashing, the messed up quests and cut content made it it an unenjoyable game. Thts why we fuss over glithces, they ruin games. A few of them dont hurt a game that much, but with a lot just make a game tedious. Tediosu=unenjoyable. Unenjoyable=waste of money. Waste of money=one pissed off me.

15. Jango-Fett10

Apr 27, 2005
    Lucasarts is a good video game publisher.

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Jango, if you don't have anything to add to the convo, please don't post in here. You told us three times that you like LucasArt's games, we got it. No need to keep repeating it.

17. Jango-Fett10

Apr 27, 2005
    Ok then. Lol. No need to get all "Aggro". Calm down "Anakin". Lol.

18. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Agreed, and I think most people who were around back in February can remember the plethora of KOTOR 2 threads that kept getting created. Many of them with people reporting glitches and bugs. I have a screenshot somewhere of a game where I had two Mira's.

19. Jango-Fett10

Apr 27, 2005
    Would you care to share it with the rest of us? You don't have to if you don't want to. Just asking. :)

20. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I've actually been looking for it but it may have been deleted. :(

21. Jango-Fett10

Apr 27, 2005
    No problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.