main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucasarts

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi_Guy16, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Guy16

Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Lucasarts is gonna have a lot of great games coming out this year. e3insider.com has news about many of them. Not included in the list of games on e3insider.com is Star Wars: Republic Commando. An awesome video of this game is on fileshack.com. You have to sign up to be a member of fileshack to see it, but it doesn't cost you anything. Fileshack.com also has a Star Wars Galaxies video here.

2. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    You don't have to be a member of squat for it. I have the video in this thread here that I got straight from Lucasarts, it's the E3 video. Enjoy.

I'm so hoping you get to play an ARC Trooper in this game.

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    knights of the old republic is where it's gonna be at!

if x-box had more good games, I'd get one for this game.

4. Swomz

Swomz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    RC is going to be a kick ass game, trust me... :-D ....

5. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    is rebel commando the 3rd Rogue Squadron installment, or is that an entirely different can of ham?

6. Swomz

Swomz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    hehehe...NO. It willinclude ground and air fighting...

"X-wings, B-wings, speeder bikes, AT-STs, tauntauns. Youll have to master them all to save Luke, Wedge, Han, Chewie and Leia from Darth Vader and his Imperial forces in this return to the classic Star Warsï¾® trilogy. "

and then...

Game Features

"Visit famous places and characters from the Classic Star Wars Trilogy.
    Engage in a variety of multiplayer modes including co-operative mode, endurance, capture-the-base and dogfights.
    Get out of your X-wing and tackle the enemy either on foot as Wedge Antilles or Luke Skywalker or ride on speeder bikes or pilot AT-ST's.
    Experience incredible graphics (HDTV Progressive Scan support), amazing sound (5-channel Dolby Pro-Logic 2 ) and split-timing controls. "

Press Release

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. May 14, 2003 One of interactive entertainment's most critically and commercially successful action arcade series returns this fall in Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike from LucasArts. Available for Nintendo GameCube", this thrilling third chapter once again features the intense flight battles of Luke Skywalker and his elite unit of X-wing starfighter pilots and adds highly desired multiplayer capability and character-based and ground combat to the series for the first time.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike is the follow up to Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader", the best selling third-party title for GameCube upon initial release in 2001.

Designed and developed by Factor 5 in conjunction with LucasArts, Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike features stunning, movie-like visuals, immersing players into an intense action-arcade experience. Players are drawn into the classic Star Wars Trilogy through more than 13 action-packed missions that encompass branching paths in flight combat, and ground-based character or vehicle conflict. For example, players can fly a combat mission over the dense forest landscape of Yavin 4 before landing to engage Imperial Stormtroopers in ground battle. Upon defeating the enemy, players then return to an X-wing and take flight against TIE fighters in adrenaline-inducing dogfights.

"With Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike, LucasArts expands the award winning flight action franchise with multiplayer support and character-based combat, offering the widest variety of gameplay yet," says Marcella Churchill, senior marketing manager at LucasArts. "This latest game in the popular Star Wars Rogue Squadron series is highlighted by stunning, cinematic-like visuals, tight controls, and dramatically engaging storylines that immerse players into the most memorable characters, vehicles, and battles of the epic Star Wars saga."

"Aerial and land-based conflicts in Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike take place in a variety of craft such as the legendary X-wing, Millennium Falcon, Snowspeeder, Imperial speeder bike, and AT-ST. Players also can carry out covert ground or air-based operations as Luke Skywalker, Wedge Antilles or Han Solo. Battle skills will be tested within extraordinarily detailed environments, such as the vast forests of Endor; Hoth's foreboding, frozen world; Bespin's gaseous Cloud City; and dangerous space meteor fields.

Multiplayer modes encompass co-op endurance, capture-the-base, challenging dogfights and more. In addition, the entire Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader game is available for play in cooperative multiplayer mode. The game also features a comprehensive reward system allowing players to unlock numerous bonus features including extra missions, vehicles, and locations.

Check out the first Trailer!"

7. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Rebel Commando I would hope would feature the ARC troopers instead of regular Clone Troopers, but it's not the next Rogue Squadron game. I would think that would be called Wraith Squadron anyway :)

8. Jedi_Guy16

Nov 28, 2001
    sorry, my info was wrong yesterday. It's Republic Commando. You're a clone trooper. The video I saw looks better than Halo! Looks really really fun and cool! :D

9. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    I still can't stop laughing that they put 1st person shooters on a console system. I would have thought that all the others would have hammered in the idea that they don't react fast enough on a console. Just like Fighting games have no place on a PC.

10. Jedi_Guy16

Nov 28, 2001
    really? I like shooters better on console than on pc. Well, I like most games better on console.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.