main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucasfilm as an Employer/ Working at Lucasfilm

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by monkywrech, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkywrech

monkywrech Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2007
    Based on your guys experience, what do you think it is like to work at Lucasfilm - beyond all the awesome parties? Wonder if it is a stable job or if people end up feeling boxed in or dead-ended (its new) like any other job. Is there a point at which the job loses its luster or it is always nice and exciting? Anyone know someone who looks there?

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I expect they're happy to work for little money, as they all have a life of fulfilment, and a roof over their head.

3. JediPrimePA

JediPrimePA Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2007
    It's probably like any other job....if you enjoy what you do then going to work is fun and not just a job. Also... it probably depends on what area of Lucasfilm a person works. Working at ILM will probably be a lot more fun than working in accounting or some such field. And like any other job...there probably is lots of stress trying to meet deadlines and stuff.

4. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    As someone who was nearly hired by them, I'll give you the best description I got from Larry Shushan (Director of Communications). He said it's like a steady job. You come in and leave.....someday the days are longer. Your on a salary with benefits. There's a daycare on site you can send your kids too. Everybody I've spoken to loves working for Lucasfilm, regardless of the pay.

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Are there really "awesome" parties? For some reason I just can't picture that.

-Seldon

6. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    It's probably like any other job....if you enjoy what you do then going to work is fun and not just a job.

Yeah in a certain way it's like any other job. The people I know at ILM really like the place. There were some tough times but now it's going pretty smooth.

Are there really "awesome" parties? For some reason I just can't picture that.

Well not really sure about awesome, but the Halloween party is pretty good, especially because of the effort put into the costumes. Some of the people have some insane costumes. There also used to be something called the Lucaspalooza although I think it isn't done anymore. It's a bit more corporate now that they moved to the Presidio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.