LucasFilm called my house today...REALLY!

Discussion in 'Tulsa, OK' started by GENERAL_FEL, Jul 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENERAL_FEL Jedi Knight

star 3
    Not a joke. Not a hoax. And some of you may have gotten the call as well.

I was talking to Valerie in the kitchen while we cooked dinner when the phone rang. I looked at the Caller-ID and it said LUCASFILM LTD. For a second, I almost lost it. I said to Valerie "You're not gonna believe this, but LucasFilm is calling me." Anyway, I answered the phone and spoke with a gentleman who asked if I would mind answering a few questions about the SW: Hyperspace website. It turns out that when subscribing I noted that they could call me if they wanted to conduct a survey on the site.

Sure, it was nothing more than a typical marketing tool, but I still got a kick out of it. The conversation and questions were fairly interesting and comical, and I intend to share it with you in detail...tomorrow morning.
  2. GENERAL_FEL Jedi Knight

star 3
    Now that I've had a few hours of sleep, I thought I would share the details of my conversation with the LucasFilm guy.

He asked the standard questions like "What's your favorite thing about HYPERSPACE", "What's your least favorite thing about HYPERSPACE". etc... I had to chuckle when he asked me "Is there anything on the site that you've seen that prompted you to think what on earth were they smoking when they thought this up?" He also went on to state that they were working on some new content to give the paying customers more bang for thier buck.

He asked if there was anything new that I would like to see hosted on the site. My kneejerk reaction was to scream "Viking Kittens". Really, you can't hardly find that thing anywhere. Reality took hold and I realized "Viking Kittens" has nothing to do with Star Wars. Instead I told him that I would like to see more special content on the OT, as well as maybe access to the Ewoks and Droids cartoons, the Holiday Special, and the Ewoks movies.

He also asked what I thought of the SW message boards. I responded that I do not use them. He then began to pitch a "fan force" type scenario that would allow users to find other SW fans in thier area and give them a sense of community. I replied that we already had that with the Fan Force boards. He was clearly aware that the message boards on tf.n are vastly superior to the SW boards and in fact stated it.

Anyway, all in all, it was a pleasant experience. They guy was laid back and clearly was not some stiff. He was probably a fanboy himself.
  3. GENERAL_FEL Jedi Knight

star 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.