Official Info Lucasfilm Confirms: Michael Arndt To Write Screenplay For Episode VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by Diggs, Nov 8, 2012.

1. krtmd Force Ghost

star 4
    And all are films where I do not recall cringe-inducing dialogue.
  2. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm one of the few who think Han and Leia don't have any relevant role in a post-RotJ scenario, but I'm quite happy with this bit:
    Last edited by Alexrd, Nov 8, 2012
  3. Samurai-Jack Jedi Master

star 2
    From THR:
    New 'Star Wars' Movie Has Treatment by 'Toy Story 3' Writer
  4. DarthVengeant Force Ghost

star 3
    Whatever that means. I really dont care.
    LawJedi likes this.
  5. DarthVengeant Force Ghost

star 3
    He wrote nothing major before Empire, Empire was his first major SP. But, he went on to write ROTJ, Shadows of the Empire, and Indiana Jones.

We really don't want someone who writes kiddie hippy family things doing Star Wars. I certainly don't. It doesn't fit AT ALL. This guy's porfolio doesn't screen Star Wars at all. You want someone more vast, even western's experience. Star Wars being a space western at heart. Someone like Drew Karpyshyn who did Knights of the Old Republic and the Star Wars novels Darth Bane trilogy. He wrote some for Mass Effect. He is a perfect fit if there ever was one. Perfect.
    Last edited by DarthVengeant, Nov 8, 2012
  6. Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    This rumor has since been confirmed by multiple websites. Arndt is writing episode 7.
  7. InterestingLurker Force Ghost

star 4
    Last edited by InterestingLurker, Nov 8, 2012
  8. The-Eternal-Hero Force Ghost

star 4
    I haven't seen LMS or TS3, but I have friends who know my taste, and know I don't like the Pixar movies (apart from Wall-E) and they were sure I'd be impressed by TS3. In my very tiny little world that means something to me. But I'm wary of these OT fans who want a piece of SW. There's also the PT & TCW. Obviously, it's no tome to dwell on that aspect of it, but it's still a part of it. ESB now represents very little of the SW style. Overall, SW is colorful and fun. Move forward; don't look back, as a wise woman once said...
    obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  9. Chaos123x Jedi Master

star 1
    Confirmed it's rumored.
    SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  10. Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    It's no longer a rumor.
  11. Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Toy Story 3 is an excellent movie.
    SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  12. Chrono85 Jedi Master

star 1
    I loved Toy Story 3, and I quite enjoyed Hunger Games, so I give this choice a lightsaber up.
  13. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    That classic movie Continental Divide. That's what he wrote! Yeah, he wrote...........................................that.
  14. -NaTaLie- Force Ghost

star 4
    So even if he's writing treatment, it doesn't mean it'll be used for a screenplay.
    Last edited by -NaTaLie-, Nov 8, 2012
  15. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I know, right? Nothing gets my blood boiling like Oscar winning talent. :mad:
    InterestingLurker likes this.
  16. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I guess in my world, having an Oscar-nominated screenwriter might be preferable to Lucas writing his own dialogue.
    mavjade, ShaneP, krtmd and 1 other person like this.
  17. The-Eternal-Hero Force Ghost

star 4
  18. -NaTaLie- Force Ghost

star 4
    My point is, Kasdan was really an unknown factor before TESB. Imagine Internet was around in lat 1970s... you'd hear fans complaining that he's not qualified to write the sequel to the highest grossing movie of all time.
    LawJedi likes this.
  19. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    It would seem to be "confirmed" that he's lined up for the screenplay, only after he finishes his Hunger Games duties. Which, again, makes one question the 2015 release date.

Fair enough, but Deadline has had a good track record recently of totally punking Variety on their badly sourced scoops. So they have a rep.
    Last edited by LawJedi, Nov 8, 2012
  20. Skaddix Force Ghost

star 4
    sounds fine. Director and Casting will be more exciting.
  21. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    I was joking. Anyone really know Continental Divide? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    appleseed likes this.
  22. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    God, no doubt. Now if they can bring in Stoppard for a polish. Then again, maybe they wont need him with Arndt.

This is great news.
  23. -NaTaLie- Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought Stoppard help with ROTS. Not that it stopped people from complaining or anything.
  24. Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  25. PleaseNoTimeTravel Jedi Padawan

It's not like he can only write children's movies. Little Miss Sunshine is rated R and Oblivion has a decent chance at being e rated R.