main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lucasfilm Confirms: Michael Arndt To Write Screenplay For Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Diggs, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I think he meant a sequel being the best of the series. T2 and Last Crusade are awesome, but I don't consider them the best of their respective franchises. Just my opinion.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So, your favorite is Temple of Doom?

3. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Raiders is hands down the best. Everyone settle down right now!

4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm sorry. I mis-read your post as saying that you haven't seen it. It's all good! :p

5. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Hands down? No way. Choosing between Raiders and Crusade is like choosing between Coke and Pepsi.

Ryus and Krueger like this.
  6. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Yeah Pepsi is the easy choice!

gregvader123 likes this.
  7. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Raiders all the way

8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Coke. Any day.

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Hmm... I like Temple of Doom the best.

10. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I have a hard time picking between the first 3 Indy films, But overall I think "Raiders" is probably the best made.

11. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I think Temple Of Doom is amazing. Until Crystal Skull came out, I wasn't aware that many people don't like Temple.

12. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    So....Arndt. Kinda suprised we havn't gotten one interview yet. I'd imagine reporters would be begging to get interviews with the guy who legit knows all the secrets regarding the sequel trilogy. Here's hoping soon we get some good interviews from the "Double A's" (Arndt and Abrams).

Also...I hope Arndt gives the new characters some good dialogue and makes it so they can take over the franchise *and also makes a bunch of memorable characters no matter how big or small the character is*. Sorry but I kinda want the new cast to outshine the old cast *runs away and hides to avoid tomatoes being hurled at head*

13. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I think the only time you'll get a peep out of Arndt DC is at the premier. The usual, 'well I think we've done a good job and hopefully everyone will enjoy the movie?' I have to say, I've got an overwhelming sense of optimism knowing Arndt, Kasdan and Abrams are captaining this ship. And I don't think mistakes will be made with the cast. Just a hunch

14. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah you say Abrams, Arndt and Kasdan *I'm now calling them AKA* you can't help but get excited. Coarse my cynical scarred fangirl mind is keeping my optomism/expectations in check, but still...on paper that group sounds great

Rawne, Pro Scoundrel and Jcuk like this.
  15. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012

I think he's in the witness protection program.

16. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Temple's great, but it's definitely my least favorite. I can't take Kate Capshaw's constant shrieking. Same reason I fast-forward the lizard riding sequence in ROTS. It's like they used her voice...

eht13 likes this.
  17. lbr789

lbr789 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Same here. I like the rest of the movie fine, but she just won't stop screaming . . . :mad:

anakinfansince1983 and eht13 like this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Michael Arndt sleeps with the fishes. :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    It would be nice to get SOME update from the O.S as regards the status of the script, is first draft written, has JJ read it, given notes, etc....

20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I feel it's a coin flip between Raiders and Last Crusade. Personally however I liked Last Crusade more.

21. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Since this thread is devolving into a Indy discussion...sorry OP!

I advise everyone to watch Raiders in black and white (turn down the color on your t.v.).
    It's like is was made to be seen that way. Give it a try sometime! It's awesome!
    ESB works well that way too. ;)

22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    He has a few movies that he wrote coming out this year, so he's bound to be on the red carpet for some of them. They'll put the screws to him. :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  23. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Hopefully we get some legit responses outside of "yeah...I finished it....I can't say anything else though. Its gunna be fun". I want some legit answers!

24. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Last Crusade
    Toy Story 2
    Pepsi
    Android
    XBox

Okay, that about sums it up.

On to the real discussion. I'm not a fan of TS3. I thought it was way too dramatic for its audience. LMS was, well, boring. However, I will say that Arndt has a good eye for dialogue - which is the thing Star Wars is most lacking in. If he's writing the script, but not necessarily the story, I could be quite happy.

Oblivion looks great though. That one's giving me hope.

25. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    <mindblown> o.0 </mindblown>
    I know what I'll be doing for the next two hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.