main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lucasfilm Confirms: Michael Arndt To Write Screenplay For Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Diggs, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

Well I disagree. I understand that Star Wars is currently enjoying a strong air of anticipation. And I also fully understand the frustration at the lack of news. After all I stayed up posting on these boards until the wee hours of the morning on May 4th waiting for potential news.

But I do not believe that it should invade everything non-Star Wars related to appease fans of one franchise. It's narrow minded and alienating to Bad Robot fans who may not even like Star Wars.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Asking Bad Robot to be not incredibly cryptic and vague about how they tease and hype things is like asking the Emperor to pet kittens. It just ain't gonna happen.

Immortiss and Chewgumma like this.
  3. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    "The Death Star will be fully operational, on schedule!" Palpatine says before running his hands through the fur of the white cat perched in his lap. "And Mr. Tinkles will have his litter box retrofitted with aurium plating!"

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Star Wars is the White Whale and we are Ahab! Search for your own damn son! :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, it's our fault for our excitement. We have no business having interest in what Bad Robot does.

To be fair, I would expect that the scripts would have Lucasfilm, Ltd. written on them somewhere. Oh, well. Get used to being used by this awesome and successful production and marketing campaign, although, as irrational as this might sound, I think there is some room for courtesy and respect for these self-hyped fans.

6. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I think we can all agree that Bad Robot or the person running that page was not stupid enough to believe the people viewing the image with that specific caption wouldn't immediately jump to Star Wars though. Considering the script to Episode 7 is the most mysterious script in Hollywood today and enough time has lapsed for the script to have been completed.

They didn't run over anyone's dog, but it's not the best way to get in bed with the Star Wars fanbase. Ah well.

7. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying it's unfair to expect all of Bad Robot's output to be Star Wars related.

Be excited, feel free to anticipate news. I know I'm guilty as charged on both counts. But being outraged that Bad Robot teased something non-Star Wars related? That's just silly.

8. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, it is silly, the outrage?

9. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Dude, I totally agree that they shouldn't stop posting about other stuff. I'm just saying that it's not a tease when 24 hours later they tell us that it's not in fact Star Wars. Either tell us that right away or don't tell us that at all. The way that they did it feels like a kick in the nuts. It's a total buzzkill. They didn't have to tell us. They could have let us go on believing it. The point of teasing is to build excitement, but where they screwed up is when they told us the truth.

10. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    FOUL!

[​IMG]

11. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Didn't the fact that it wasn't the Star Wars script come from a different source? :confused: Even if it did come from the same source I personally don't consider it that big of a deal. Using the hype for a massive IP to alert the world to a smaller project is cheap, effective publicity.

12. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I don't know and I agree with you, too... It just hurts:_| (see picture:) ). I know I'm not alone when I say I cannot wait for some real news.[face_party]

13. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure if we don't see any news from SDCC this weekend we'll probably get something big from CEII. Either way it's not too long to wait. :)

14. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    I'll be in Disney World, Florida from August 7th - 15th, when D23 is occurring in DisneyLand. I think the big news will happen then, but hopefully more than just the Big 3, because, as somebody already mentioned, we know that already for all intents and purpose. Listen, the first standalone film is less than 3 years away and we know absolutely nothing about that. I find that to be odd for any production. I mean, I knew 'Lincoln' was coming out for years. Do they not know anything about it? This is a freaking drought of info.

15. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

And after a drought there will inevitably be a flood. ;)

Disney haven't even had Star Wars for a year yet. Everything we know about is being fast tracked through production. With that in mind the drought of information isn't all that unusual. Disney are probably just waiting to give a really strong first impression. And I feel that's going to be pretty soon.

16. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Actually, now that you mention it, only TFN's facebook page is saying it isn't the Star Wars script. I can't find anyone else reporting that yet. I'll keep looking.

17. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    This was just posted by: GreenGreatWarrior
    George Lucas confirms (almost) Big Three return!

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...g-three-return.50010304/page-37#post-50867984

Just saw this on the Star Wars Comic Con Schedule
    http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2013/07/15/star-wars-at-san-diego-comic-con-2013/

GEEK Star Wars Roundtable Live! – 5:00 p.m. Room 7AB
    Sense a great disturbance in the Force? Don’t worry, it’s only the cover story of GEEK magazine coming to the stage of the San Diego Comic-Con as panelists convene their own Jedi Council roundtable to discuss their new hopes for the saga and the astounding developments in a galaxy far, far, away. Kyle Newman (director, Fanboys), Steve Melching (writer, The Clone Wars), Christian Gossett (artist, Tales of the Jedi), Jonathan Rinzler (author, The Making of Return of the Jedi), and GEEK founding publisher Mark A. Altman (writer/producer, Free Enterprise) discuss the return of Han, Luke, and Leia; the prequels; the end of The Clone Wars; and J. J. Abrams’ epic challenge as Star Wars strikes back.

18. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

While that could be the assumption everyone and their dog is making (I see no panel where the reveal could possibly be made before that one. Not to mention I don't see the official site accidentally revealing such massive casting news ahead of time. :p) I would love to see a big three reveal in the next 24 hours.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    No, but I think the discussion would be informative or at interesting to hear.:)

20. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Ok guys, here's what I've learned. I asked TFN who their source was about the script not being Ep. 7 and they responded "An extremely knowledgeable party close to the action. -EG" So, I guess TFN is in cahoots with Deep Throat. :)

Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Sounds legit. We need to get to the bottom of this whole affair! [face_thinking]

Immortiss and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    My theory is that Han Solo shot first from the grassy knoll.

Darth Chiznuk and Immortiss like this.
  23. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Bad Robot needs to be held to account. This could go all the way to the top...Lucas.

24. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Unfollow twitter/bad_robot?

25. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I guess you will change your mind about that.

Mark A. Altman is not interested in seeing the big three back in action.

He said on twitter that the SW universe shoud go ahead with new characters, since it's full of opportunities.

1. Mark A. Altman@markaaltman March 7
      I have a BAD feeling about this. Love J.J on this, just not the original cast - but I'm the only one apparently; - http://www.imdb.com/rg/s/1/news/ni48528573/ …

2. [​IMG] Mark A. Altman@markaaltman March 8
      @ConcordJohn #STARWARS Universe is bigger than 3 beloved characters. That's the beauty of it. Want new characters who are as endearing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.