main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lucasfilm Confirms: Michael Arndt To Write Screenplay For Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Diggs, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    No change. I'm open to hearing his opinion and I agree with these statements, to a point. Depending on his context, the big three will not be front and center stage, at least I think that would be inappropriate for the ST. Yes, bring the new characters! Also, thank you for this bit of info.

StoneRiver likes this.
  2. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    No problem ! I'm a fan of Mr. Atlman since the old Sci-Fi Universe magazine from the 90s.

They won't be center stage, but you might be surprised by how much screen-time Yoda, Alec-Guinesss-Kenobi, Liam Neeson, Samuel Jackson had in the PT & OT.

I'm pretty sure that Luke Skywalker ST era will = Yoda screen time in the PT.

The context of an older character passing down the torch is part of the SW fiber.

I would also not be surprised if Leia had as much screen time as Palpatine (not Darth Sidious) had in the prequels.

That's borderline "front and center stage" but I don't see it as a problem.

If the prequels had been produced before the OT, would people had said "We do not want Ben Kenobi front and center stage in in E4 " ???

Well, in E4, Ben Kenobi is one of the main character and it's glorious.

Darth Chiznuk and Immortiss like this.
  3. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Perhaps Mark A. Waltman just wants more and more spin offs and side films rather than further EPISODES?

I fart in his general direction! His mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries!

4. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    Too much home brew I see. Or was it the scotch this time?

StoneRiver likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Zing! [face_laugh] I needed a good laugh and that was funniest thing I've read all week. Thank you!

I don't get why people say the big 3 should have no part in the ST. I think some might forget that this is not just the start of a new trilogy but also a sequel to ROTJ. Of course the main characters from the last film will be in this one to hand off the torch to their children. It would be a bit strange to me if we had Frank Skywalker around with only a passing mention of who his father is.

6. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't see why you wouldn't have the big three. So long as they're passing the torch and not doing any of the heavy lifting, why not? Luke Skywalker in the Ben Kenobi role? That could be fantastic.

7. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

Neither. I'm at work. The heat's making me go crazy 8-}

You're welcome ;)

Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Nice looking scripts, whatever they are

9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I also don’t see how others would turn down the opportunity to see the “Big Three” one last time. A lot of people don’t seem to grasp the Star Wars saga. It is a generational tale. Passing on the torch has always played a role. As far as the "Episode" chapters go, it is about the Skywalkers and always has been.

10. Immortiss

Mar 10, 2013
    ...and let's hope, always will be.:)

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This is what I really want int he ST (actually, to be honest, Yoda is probably in the PT more than he is in the OT, heh.) I like Han and Leia but I really think they can be relegated to cameos (along with Chewie), but I think the only OT character who really deserves to be a part of the fabric of the whole ST would be Luke. And R2 and C-3PO cuz they're always hanging out.

12. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    No lie and not ashamed to admit I had a BIG ol' nerd joygasm when I saw that pic! Surely, Episode 7 scripts and they look healthy too! I'd guess a nice 100 pages or so which should translate into 1:20 -- 1:30.

[​IMG]

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Unfortunately Echo-07, it's already been confirmed that they're not Episode VII. I had that same feeling when I first saw the pic and was disappointed that they turned out to be something else. :(

14. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Ahhh . . . . d'oh!

WTH?! Bad Robot is working on something other than Star Wars right now??? How dare they!!!!

One day off a week is making it hard to keep up with the wars.

Also, kinda mean of them to tease us like that when they know we're dying for info related to E7.

Pro Scoundrel and Immortiss like this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I think they definitely should have made clear that it wasn't Episode VII before posting that pic because they had to know that's what everyone would assume. Oh well, it got them a nice bit of publicity for whatever the project actually is and we're the ones to suffer. As usual. :p

Echo-07 likes this.
  16. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Hell yeah! They know . . . they know . . .

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah, I'd be willing to bet they got a kick out of everyone thinking that was E7... I know I probably would if I were them. I did think it was possibly the script, but I'm not mad it wasn't.

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    You're better than me! I'm downright pissed! They got me bigtime! Course we SW fans are easy targets! :p

19. NoChesterHester

NoChesterHester Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Wait... Is Bad Robot even confirmed as producing Episode VII? JJ is the director I know, but isn't it going to be produced through Lucasfilm?

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It's being produced by both.

21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-...j-abrams-to-direct-star-wars-episode-vii.html

"J.J., his longtime producing partner Bryan Burk, and Bad Robot are on board to produce along with Kathleen Kennedy under the Disney | Lucasfilm banner."

22. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Anything big that is going to be announced anytime soon will most likely happen next week at Celebration Europe, given KK is going to be there along with Hamill & Fisher.

23. NoChesterHester

NoChesterHester Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    So both are correct. They will be producing... But under the Lucasfilm banner. So the scripts wouldn't have the Bad Robot covers then.

24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

Quite possible! Of course, due to secrecy, I doubt the scripts would even have Lucasfilm on the cover. It'd probably say "Blue Harvest: Terror Beyond Imagination" or something like that.

NoChesterHester likes this.
  25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    fixed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.