Official Info Lucasfilm Confirms: Michael Arndt To Write Screenplay For Episode VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by Diggs, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    But I think part of those 36 months would usually include the types of things that we now know have been underway for months, right? Still, it's not as though George had to worry about the search for a director, for example, so you're right, they're behind the pace in the sense that they're trying to squeeze more into those three years than LucasFilm had to worry about during production of the prequels. Still, based on LucasFilm's track record, I'm cautiously optimistic about a May 2015 street date, though the possibility of the dreaded push-back does sit a bit uncomfortably in the back of my mind.
  2. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Well yes.
  3. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, Maul and Mortis were great ideas. :p
  4. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, you're correct. What I meant by "behind" is that the fans are behind the normal pace since we just found out last week. So essentially the gears have been churning for probably the last years or so -- which would account for the GL / Hamill / Fisher meeting in August. We fans are catching up but the machine is humming and now we should expect info to start pouring in. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to hear about a director being inked by December at the latest.
  5. Krueger Force Ghost

star 4
    The Hollywood Reporter has added more. It looks like its focusing on a new generation. Sorry people, but I think we can kiss goodbye to post-ROTJ EU. Also, it looks like they're going after Brad Bird:

Last edited by Krueger, Nov 9, 2012
    Darthgoodguy, DarthBrian and LawJedi like this.
  6. The-Eternal-Hero Force Ghost

star 4
    What have you thought up lately?

At least they were imaginative, especially Mortis. But I wasn't talking about the more esoteric side of the show, I meant stories like "Landing At Point Rain", "Umbara", "Citadel", "Cat and Mouse", "Onderon", some of the best SW ever made. And he's found his nads concerning outlaws and underworld characters again. Cad Bane's a million times stronger than Fett ever was as a character.
  7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Chosen One

star 4
    I'm not too impressed with Arndt. What else has this guy written?
    Last edited by DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR, Nov 9, 2012
  8. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    Awesome. Please elaborate! It might make for interesting fodder.
  9. QuangoFett Force Ghost

star 4
  10. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    I hope Brad Bird is picked. The Incredibles was perfect. I will have to see how Catching Fire is as well. I was going to go see it anyway but this gives me another reason to see it. If Episode 7 is half as emotional as Toy Story 3 it will be amazing. That will help us see how Episode 7 will be.
  11. Krueger Force Ghost

star 4
    Sources have said not to discount the re-appearances of a number of characters, even the dead Jedis, who have a habit of showing up in spirit form.

I must admit, the very suggestion of a scene involving Luke and Leia talking to Anakin sends shivers down my spine.
  12. Alderaan Luke Jedi Master

star 1

Im starting to like this guy. He seems clever and passionate and knows exactly what to say.
    Bib Fartuna likes this.
  13. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Stop being a hater & be a happy StarWars fan.
    JediGirl_Angelina and Echo-07 like this.
  14. -NaTaLie- Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I always thought Leia was robbed out of the closure. That said, unless they recast Anakin it's going to be very strange to see children look much older than the "father".
    JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  15. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    That's just your opinion. Personally I think Lucas should just stay completely away from the project - I don't think he gets Star Wars anymore, to be honest.
  16. Darth Myon Jedi Knight

17. Krueger Force Ghost

star 4
    Not really. Isn't there a film when Kevin Costner communes with a younger ghost of his father? Or have I got that mixed up?
    Darthsuggs likes this.
  18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Chosen One

star 4
    I have to admit, Toy Story 3 was heartwarming.
  19. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    THIS. But stranger things have happened. It would be even stranger to think that pops waited until that late in their lives to show his face to Leia. I don't know, it could be poetic.
  20. krtmd Force Ghost

star 4
    Field of Dreams. The ballplayers come back to play on his cornfield in Iowa. "If you build it, he will come."

Technically, not ghosts though.
  21. -NaTaLie- Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, there was also Terminator: Salvation. But it's a different setup.
  22. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    Someone should tell sources that the plural of Jedi is Jedi.
  23. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    Star Wars needs to have a heartwarming and a true moral story like the OT had, with loads of action too. That's why I'm happy about this guy, Toy Story 3 made grown men cry.

Yoda, Obi-Wan (McGregor) and Anakin (Hayden) will all probably be back in Episode VII as their respective spirits. I think we should give Hayden another chance, I mean look at the dialogue he was given.

"YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER"
    "DONT MAKE ME KILL YOU"
    "IF YOUR NOT WITH ME YOUR AGAINST ME"

I don't think anyone could have made it work, but since we've got a new writer on board, Hayden may redeem himself as Anakin's force ghost.
    Last edited by KED12345, Nov 9, 2012
    Yunners and Darthsuggs like this.
  24. The-Eternal-Hero Force Ghost

star 4
    I would rather the director not look at ESB. Some moody lighting is Ok if it fits the scene, but he needs to be a far superior dramatist and visualist than Kersh.
  25. The-Eternal-Hero Force Ghost

star 4
    That's just your opinion. Personally I think Lucas should just stay completely away from the project - I don't think he gets Star Wars anymore, to be honest.[/quote]

I don't think you "get" SW.

Fortunately, you're out of luck, he's totally shepherding EVII.