main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lucasfilm Confirms: Michael Arndt To Write Screenplay For Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Diggs, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    But I think part of those 36 months would usually include the types of things that we now know have been underway for months, right? Still, it's not as though George had to worry about the search for a director, for example, so you're right, they're behind the pace in the sense that they're trying to squeeze more into those three years than LucasFilm had to worry about during production of the prequels. Still, based on LucasFilm's track record, I'm cautiously optimistic about a May 2015 street date, though the possibility of the dreaded push-back does sit a bit uncomfortably in the back of my mind.

2. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Well yes.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, Maul and Mortis were great ideas. :p

4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Yes, you're correct. What I meant by "behind" is that the fans are behind the normal pace since we just found out last week. So essentially the gears have been churning for probably the last years or so -- which would account for the GL / Hamill / Fisher meeting in August. We fans are catching up but the machine is humming and now we should expect info to start pouring in. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to hear about a director being inked by December at the latest.

5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The Hollywood Reporter has added more. It looks like its focusing on a new generation. Sorry people, but I think we can kiss goodbye to post-ROTJ EU. Also, it looks like they're going after Brad Bird:

Darthgoodguy, DarthBrian and LawJedi like this.
  6. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    What have you thought up lately?

At least they were imaginative, especially Mortis. But I wasn't talking about the more esoteric side of the show, I meant stories like "Landing At Point Rain", "Umbara", "Citadel", "Cat and Mouse", "Onderon", some of the best SW ever made. And he's found his nads concerning outlaws and underworld characters again. Cad Bane's a million times stronger than Fett ever was as a character.

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm not too impressed with Arndt. What else has this guy written?

8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Awesome. Please elaborate! It might make for interesting fodder.

9. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I hope Brad Bird is picked. The Incredibles was perfect. I will have to see how Catching Fire is as well. I was going to go see it anyway but this gives me another reason to see it. If Episode 7 is half as emotional as Toy Story 3 it will be amazing. That will help us see how Episode 7 will be.

11. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Sources have said not to discount the re-appearances of a number of characters, even the dead Jedis, who have a habit of showing up in spirit form.

I must admit, the very suggestion of a scene involving Luke and Leia talking to Anakin sends shivers down my spine.

12. Alderaan Luke

Alderaan Luke Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2012

Im starting to like this guy. He seems clever and passionate and knows exactly what to say.

Bib Fartuna likes this.
  13. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Stop being a hater & be a happy StarWars fan.

JediGirl_Angelina and Echo-07 like this.
  14. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Yeah, I always thought Leia was robbed out of the closure. That said, unless they recast Anakin it's going to be very strange to see children look much older than the "father".

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  15. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    That's just your opinion. Personally I think Lucas should just stay completely away from the project - I don't think he gets Star Wars anymore, to be honest.

16. Darth Myon

Darth Myon Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2012
    oh Boy....

17. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Not really. Isn't there a film when Kevin Costner communes with a younger ghost of his father? Or have I got that mixed up?

Darthsuggs likes this.
  18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I have to admit, Toy Story 3 was heartwarming.

19. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    THIS. But stranger things have happened. It would be even stranger to think that pops waited until that late in their lives to show his face to Leia. I don't know, it could be poetic.

20. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Field of Dreams. The ballplayers come back to play on his cornfield in Iowa. "If you build it, he will come."

Technically, not ghosts though.

21. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Well, there was also Terminator: Salvation. But it's a different setup.

22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Someone should tell sources that the plural of Jedi is Jedi.

23. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Star Wars needs to have a heartwarming and a true moral story like the OT had, with loads of action too. That's why I'm happy about this guy, Toy Story 3 made grown men cry.

Yoda, Obi-Wan (McGregor) and Anakin (Hayden) will all probably be back in Episode VII as their respective spirits. I think we should give Hayden another chance, I mean look at the dialogue he was given.

"YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER"
    "DONT MAKE ME KILL YOU"
    "IF YOUR NOT WITH ME YOUR AGAINST ME"

I don't think anyone could have made it work, but since we've got a new writer on board, Hayden may redeem himself as Anakin's force ghost.

Yunners and Darthsuggs like this.
  24. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    I would rather the director not look at ESB. Some moody lighting is Ok if it fits the scene, but he needs to be a far superior dramatist and visualist than Kersh.

25. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    That's just your opinion. Personally I think Lucas should just stay completely away from the project - I don't think he gets Star Wars anymore, to be honest.[/quote]

I don't think you "get" SW.

Fortunately, you're out of luck, he's totally shepherding EVII.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.