Official Info Lucasfilm Confirms: Michael Arndt To Write Screenplay For Episode VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII - Spoilers Allowed' started by Diggs, Nov 8, 2012.

1. -NaTaLie- Force Ghost

star 4
    These were actually ok (in the context of him being deranged at that point). AOTC had far worse.
  2. Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, he's not my first choice, but now that it's set in stone, I wish him all the best and hope he can make the maximum number of people happy.
  3. FloydB1Kenobi Force Ghost

star 1
    yes and no, there are some points that it would work, in particular scenes between Luke and Yoda, I'd like to see more in depth training of other jedi, not just kids aimlessly waving a light saber around. And the scenes on Bespin were good, particularly the Vader Luke fight as a reference to how dialogue should be during the fights
  4. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    Michael Arndt looks to be a promising choice. He certainly has my heartfelt wishes for a job well done (well, for a job well done and for not killing Luke :D).
  5. DarthMane2 Force Ghost

star 4
    All for it. Bet he's excited, but I definitly wouldn't wish the job on anybody. What was that Star Wars quote? oh yes, now I remember......

"Good luck. Your gonna need it."
  6. stellarmagic01 Force Ghost

star 4
    More force ghosts? I mean sure I can handle Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin but I really hope they use that device sparingly. I do like that several things indicate he's planning the return of some fan favorites, as to which will appear, who knows.
  7. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Again, your opinion. I personally hope Lucas doesn't screw over the people who helped finance the PT - EU readers.

Also, stop trying to make this personal. You've called me firstly uninspired and now told me I don't understand a franchise which I've invested a lot of time and money in. It's fine that you have a different opinion to me, but there's no need to insult me.
    Last edited by JackG, Nov 9, 2012
    yodasbum, Zeta1127 and That Bad Huh like this.
  8. Artoo-Dion Force Ghost

star 4
    That's a little overstated, I think.
  9. The-Eternal-Hero Force Ghost

star 4
    Again, your opinion. I personally hope Lucas doesn't screw over the people who helped finance the PT - EU readers.

Also, stop trying to make this personal. You've called me firstly uninspired and now told me I don't understand a franchise which I've invested a lot of time and money in. It's fine that you have a different opinion to me, but there's no need to insult me.[/quote]

Don't take it personal, it's just my opinion.

Also don't take it personal if EU continuity has little or nothing to do with EVII:

"Hey, Academy Award winning writer, don't forget to factor in this crummy short story Kevin J. Anderson cranked out for SW Gamer magazine in 1996!"
    Last edited by The-Eternal-Hero, Nov 9, 2012
  10. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Don't make the movie (like they repeatedly said they were not going to) if the timeline has already been filled. How about some artistic integrity?
  11. The-Eternal-Hero Force Ghost

star 4
    How about some fan sanity?

It is literally astonishing to me that we are finally getting Episode VII, with a ridiculously amped up Disney budget, and an Academy Award winning screenwriter (who is actually good - I looked up some scenes on Y-tube and the man is solid, I can see why he was chosen, his focus is in the exact right place, he's got strong values, and his vibe is positive) and there are actually people concerned about the...continuation novels.

Wake up SW Fandom, shake off the dust, open some windows, let the fresh air in! This is the beginning of a bold new era, they're stepping up to the plate, this is the Real Thing!
    Last edited by The-Eternal-Hero, Nov 9, 2012
  12. Saurion-Fett Force Ghost

star 4
    AWESOME
  13. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    He's too serious for Star Wars.
  14. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    I suppose this means Episode VII will be full of feels. But, in, like, a good way.
  15. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Wanting consistency from GL = insane.
    Cool.
    Zeta1127 and Heero_Yuy like this.
  16. Artoo-Dion Force Ghost

star 4
    The morality of de-canonising EU elements is beside the point. I think EU fans overvalue their importance; my guess is that action figure sales far, far outweigh EU sales, and at best the EU is seen as a brainstorming resource.

The EU isn't sacred and will be rewritten as suits. Get your expectations in check or prepare for soul-crushing disappointment.
  17. JainaSoloYJK Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, boy! This is exciting!

Toy Story 3 was absolutely adorable and, while not the sob-fest that 'Up' was, was very touching.
  18. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    [IMG]
  19. Heero_Yuy Chosen One

star 4
    I'm happy they have a great writer on board. Looks like the Adventures of Luke Skywalker will get a proper continuation.
  20. The-Eternal-Hero Force Ghost

star 4
    Forget it, dude, it's hopeless.

Nice sig by the way: I saw TRON opening weekend in '82, loved T:Legacy & Uprising. Disney does it right sometimes, gives me hope for SW.
    InterestingLurker and Artoo-Dion like this.
  21. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Despite what it appears like, I fully expect the EU to be steamrolled and/or stripmined - TCW has illustrated the inevitability of this. Do I think this is right? No.
    Zeta1127 likes this.
  22. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    well, you got me there I suppose. :p
  23. -NaTaLie- Force Ghost

star 4
    LawJedi beat me to it :) Also, Kersh wasn't exactly doing romcoms before TESB.
  24. Chaos123x Jedi Master

star 1
    Could you imagine if they kept all the EU stuff that came out after new hope and carried it over to Empire and Jedi

Empire Strikes Back didn't need green bunny men. Episode VII doesn't need cloned emperors.
    Last edited by Chaos123x, Nov 9, 2012
    Moog likes this.
  25. Jobertus Jedi Grand Master

star 3

Interesting then that they came out with Jacen and Jaina Solo action figures a few years ago, just to suddenly now erase their existence. I mean, I'll get over the end of the post-RotJ EU as we know it, but it still is kind of Bowlshiddic.