main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucasfilm logo music

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by numaer, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. numaer

numaer Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2005
    I was making the lucasfilm logo so can anybody tell me where i can get the background music that plays while showing "21st century fox" and "Lucasfilm".

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Erm . . . the twentieth century fox fanfare? It's at the beginning of all the SE scores. Composed by Alfred Newman in 1954, I think.

3. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Yes, John Williams revived the original Newman recording for Star Wars in 1977. In 1980 for The Empire Strikes Back, he recorded a new version. You can find these versions on the respective Special Edition CDs.

4. numaer

numaer Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2005
    can't i download it from somewhere on the internet?

5. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    You can download either version from the iTunes music store for $.99. I would highly suggest investing in the SE soundtracks, however. They are well worth it.

Also, do not ask for "free" downloads of copyrighted music files. That is illegal and you will be banned.

6. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    I don't see where he asked for a free copy. He just asked if it could be downloaded.

7. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Williams revived the original Newman recording for SW in 77? is that right??

uhhh as far as I know that little piece of music has been in front of 20th century fox movies ever since...that's pretty cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.