main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Lucasfilm: Old EU fan fiction to be rebranded as Legends; new EU material will be canon.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthBrian, Apr 25, 2014.

1. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    http://starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page.html

So, basically what I've seen saying all this time is true. All previous EU is fan fiction confirmed. All shall love me and despair. Everyone can ignore that Darth Plagueis book now and that Chewbacca was stupidly killed by having a moon drop on him. Han is also no longer an alcoholic due to said stupid events. This is the only good thing to come out of Disney buying Lucasfilm so far. :p

2. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    and the first new novel:

STAR WARS: A NEW DAWN by John Jackson Miller
    Our very first official canon novel set solidly in the legendary "Dark Times" between Episodes III and IV, A NEW DAWN will introduce readers to two main characters from the upcoming Star Wars: Rebels animated series—Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla—and will feature jacket art by Doug Wheatley, as well as a foreword by Dave Filoni, one of the executive producers of The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels. It goes on sale September 2, 2014. A New Dawn.jpg

3. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Cover art is pretty cool.

I haven't been following Rebels closely. Have they explained why there are Stormtroopers already?

4. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    i'm sure we'll find out

5. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    and there's more!
    http://starwars.com/news/disney-pub...relaunch-of-star-wars-adult-fiction-line.html

Following Star Wars: A New Dawn, the all-new Star Wars fiction line will continue with the following 2014/2015 titles:

STAR WARS: TARKIN
    James Luceno
    11/4/14

STAR WARS: HEIR TO THE JEDI
    Kevin Hearne
    January 2015

STAR WARS: LORDS OF THE SITH
    Paul Kemp
    March 2015
    on Tarkin: In our second upcoming novel created in collaboration with the Lucasfilm Story Group, bestselling Star Wars veteran James Luceno gives Tarkin the Darth Plagueis treatment, bringing a legendary character from A New Hope to full, fascinating life. Coming November 4, 2014. Jacket art by David Smit.

6. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    I don't like the term "Adult Fiction" used for Star Wars. Star Wars is family entertainment, not adult entertainment.

7. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    I really do not like this change. Sure, some of the EU stories were a mess and did little justice to the characters in them.

But this course of action means that the GOOD EU stories are also fan-fiction. Thrawn, Revan, Bane, etc.

I am really disappointed by this.

8. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    If it means Mara Jade no longer exists, I'm fine with this. :p

9. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    and i'm sure that the Darth Plagueis novel getting sidelined will be something else you're happy with... ;)

10. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Yup!!! ^_^

I even said so in my original post. :)

happy happy joy joy! ^_^

11. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
  12. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Some clarification, via Twitter, from Jennfer Heddle, Lucasfilm/Lucas Books Senior Editor:

13. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Yeah, so basically they're having it both ways to their advantage while still saying nothing we know counts. Whatever. Unsurprised but very disappointed and unimpressed. I doubt I'll stay on for Disneyverse.

14. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Is dividing fiction into real and fake a great part of fandom or the greatest?

I'm off to engage in a discussion with/beat up some knuckleheads who deny the fictional existence of Princess Kneesaa.

Bye!

P.S. This Jabba forever!

Lord_Dubi likes this.
  15. yoshiki

yoshiki Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2003
    YESSSSSssssss the real Jabba.

I remember bing disappointed in RotJ when he urned out to be a slug.