main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lucasfilm Preparing 'Making of' Indiana Jones books?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    From TheRaider.net

Lucasfilm preparing 'Making of' Indiana Jones books?
    21/02/07, 4:02pm EST

Star Wars is turning 30 years this year. And to celebrate that Lucasfilm will be releasing what should be the ultimate The Making of Star Wars book this April.

And yesterday StarWars.com published an article in which Lucasfilm Executive Editor Jonathan Rinzler talks about the creation of this 'Making of' book and mentioned that there are more 'Making of' books coming, and not just for the Star Wars fans. Here follows an interesting except from that article:

First, however, Rinzler is busy researching a second set of books chronicling the making of another famous trilogy -- or rather quartet -- of films. "That's the number one priority for the moment," he says.

Another famous Lucasfilm trilogy? Soon to become a quartet? Hmmm, the only other Lucasfilm trilogy I can think of is Indiana Jones... and hey, that's about to become a quartet!
    Executive Editor Jonathan Rinzler seems to be saying that we may expect official word on 'Making of' Indiana Jones books soon.

Yet another thing to look forward to fellow Indy fans!

The Making of Star Wars book will arrive in stores this April, which will be offered in a 324-page trade paperback edition ($35) and a 372-page deluxe hardcover with stamped George Lucas signature on the cover ($75).

Source: StarWars.com

Oh, yes!

2. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Cool, hope it was a lot of detailed dirt on the making of Indy 4!

3. Darth_Ozzy

Darth_Ozzy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    stamped lucas signature... wow. couldnt they tack on another 60 bucks even and at least make it a real sig?

4. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I've got mine hardcover copy of "The Making of Star Wars" pre-ordered from Walmart.com and it only cost me $50.15 total.

5. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Making Of books are a current trend for movies. Especially if said movie is a summer blockbuster or other big movie. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.