main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lucky, indeed! L/M, one-shot.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 2, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Lucky, indeed!

by Jade eyes Genre: Warm fuzzy sweet.

Disclaimer: Borrowing and inspired by Stone Jade and EJF. @};- [:D] !!!

~~~~~

Mara was beautiful in the form-fitting green evening gown. It was low cut, front and back. Luke was proud, as always, to be seen with her. The first time she'd worn it, he'd felt a rush of surprise, as if discovering a truth for the first time, all over again: Mara was stunning!!! He hadn't felt able, or ready yet, to put that into precise words, or to enjoy the feel of her exceedingly as he held her close for the dances they'd shared.

But, now, he could, and did.

She smirked when she saw him gawking like a fool, a lovestruck fool, she thought happily.

Even now, still. :D

~~~~

Luke reflected as they returned to their apartment after their formal evening that he could enjoy the sight of Mara stepping out of the gown, and help her along the way, as well.

She caught this eager thought and laughed. "You are always primed for action, aren't you?"

"Hey, it's you." He answered with love, and she blushed.

Mara had stood by him in the darkest times, the most inane of divisive times. Her wisdom and emotional fortitude had been like a haven, had kept him sane. What would he have done if he had not realized he loved her, needed her, in time? It was a more than safe bet that the crushes he'd had in his early days - the relationships that had fizzled out before they'd started - those ladies could never have been the unfailing source of light and love and laughter that Mara was and always would be.

He was a forthright person, so he had to share these things with Mara, as his hands did a slow and steady stroking as they helped her with her undressing.

Mara's skin tingled at the tender touches and her heart soared at the tenderer words.

"It's fortunate for each of us you won't ever have to know what to do without me." She grinned, giving him a hug.

Mara's displays of spontaneous affection never failed to thrill, and as for being primed for action, she was always willing to share a loving interlude or a scented bath. ;) :)

They cuddled up closely and drifted off into contented sleep,

Luke resolved privately to awaken Mara for an early morning "treat." She wasn't exactly a morning person, but there were certain activities she eagerly embraced even at the crack of dawn.

+++++

[face_laugh] What lady wouldn't? [face_mischief]

Gemma and mayo_durron_666 like this.
  2. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    I alway thought that Luke and Mara saved each-other at that point of life. What would Luke do without her? I think, sooner or later he would be killed on one of those mission , which he used to take alone. And Mara..I doubt she would have a happy long life too. So yes, they saved each-other. [face_love]

indeed;)[face_laugh]

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Definitely lucky!!! :D ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. Stone Jade

Stone Jade Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2013
    I like it. Great stuff.

I take a slightly different view. What man could resist?

Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    How I wish that were true. :_|

I still cannot believe what the EU writers did to to the characters. I think it was disrespectful to the fans. Is there any other franchise that had brutalized their characters as much as Star Wars?

Did we see mass killings of main characters in Star Trek (other than the anonymous red shirts)? Can you imagine how upset Twilight fans would be if suddenly Buffy came in and killed Edward and his family? What if the Decepticons defeated the Autobots and enslaved Earth? What if Mission Impossible was actually impossible and Tom Cruise gets killed at the end?

Sorry Jade_eyes...I am still upset at how my favorite SW characters were mistreated. Thank goodness for fanfiction.

I like these sweet and tender moments. I wish we had seen more of them in the profics. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jedi_Lover -- no need to apologize. [:D] [:D] My undies are still in a perpetual knot :p about L/M. So many fandoms pair guys with the most airheaded love interests, and then they go and give Luke someone off the chain -- only to take her away again ...

Yuppers, I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments. And sweet tender moments, I can relate to that, me who loves Hallmark card commercials. [face_laugh] ;)

Gemma likes this.
  7. Stone Jade

Stone Jade Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2013

Hence all the missing moments fanfics that have popped up for L/M, mine included...

I just finished reading Sacrifice (there needs to a 'thumb's down' smilie) yesterday. Now I suppose the only L/M "tender moments" I have to look forward to are reminiscences and the occasional encounter with Mara's ghost in the upcoming books.

Maybe if the rumors of new Zahn books are true, we'll get to jump back in time a little. Although TZ seems pretty hopeless as far as romance goes. I couldn't believe how little there was in Survivor's Quest, despite how good that book was otherwise. Even the Tom Clancy books I read as a teenager had more romance than the average Star Wars novel.

Jedi_Lover and Jade_eyes like this.
  8. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Loved it!!!:D
    Nice post!
    Aren't L/M so lucky they found each other!

Got to enjoy being enjoyed..;):p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  9. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    As much as I love TZ...I have to agree with you here. Maybe he has wife or a teenage daughter who can help him spice up the books. :p It's not that hard...I mean we see it in all types of TV shows like Bones or the X-Files. Start out as friends, add a little sexual tension, add a lot more sexual tension, throw in a road block, then a reconciliation, more sexual tension until the audience can take no more and then you have an explosion of passion...like that sex scene with Bruce Willis and Cybil Shepard in the TV series Moonlighting where they start out with her slapping him and then they are in a passionate embrace and furniture is being knocked all over as they roll over the floor. It's not that hard.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    How did I miss this!? I need to be following you obviously Jade_eyes (checks) I thought I was...
    Anyway, marvelous little moment....

And I agree with everyone...I was also disappointed by the lack of personal interaction in SQ..it was a perfect book for some tender moments for L/M and Zahn did not take advantage of it..I was like THATS IT. EU authors fail at it in general.I'm like I know it doesn't enhance the plot but fans care about those sort of things you dimwits.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    EJF, huggles and thanks for "following" @};- EJF said: "And I agree with everyone...I was also disappointed by the lack of personal interaction in SQ..it was a perfect book for some tender moments for L/M and Zahn did not take advantage of it..I was like THATS IT. EU authors fail at it in general.I'm like I know it doesn't enhance the plot but fans care about those sort of thing." Amen on that count, a thousand, thousand times! Hello! :duh: If you make the fans love the characters, of course they'll love seeing tender gooey moments LOL :p :rolleyes:

12. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    This was sweet and loving.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  13. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Aw, Luke really is a lovestruck fool. Very sweet.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Gemma thanks and JL that's how I love him. And Mara's the only one who deserves to bring out that side. [face_love]

15. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Very sweet! =D= I love that Mara indulges him because, though she never said it as often, she loves Luke just as much as he loves her. They were perfect together and you capture that very well.

Nyota's Heart likes this.