main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Luke’s Former Order in IX?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 20, 2018.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    So far we have seen little of Luke’s students other then Ben Solo. With IX being the finale of the trilogy, it’s likley the Knights of Ren will show up.

Could IX show us more of the Acadmey and the soon to be KoR in flashbacks? See faces of students who will die soon and those of the students who will follow Ben. Seeing a bit of the fall from their perspective. Maybe IX can shed light on why they also turned dark.

A few flashbacks is also a chance to see a alive Luke again and perhaps see a training session between him and students.

How much of a role do you want Luke’s failed Academy to play in IX?

whostheBossk and Shadojoker like this.
  2. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    I felt like Luke's Academy/Snoke's integration should have been shown in flashbacks for 8. Doesn't seem necessary to have flashbacks when both Luke and Snoke are currently gone. Maybe Kylo will have a flashback with the KoR that shows the Academy.

3. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    We were first introduced to the reason (or excuse) why Ben left Luke and destroyed his temple in TLJ. I wouldn’t have a problem with a gradual reveal of things, if IX touches upon these past events more. Especially if Ben isn’t as angry, and is more contemplative. Perhaps a visit to Luke/Anakin forces him to reflect on his upbringing, which gives us these scenes.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    whostheBossk likes this.
  4. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I would say a big YES to this. Probably with certain rumored scenes for TFA like Han and Leia leaving Ben with Luke to be trained. It could be nice to see a de-aged Harrison Ford with a younger Leia and a younger Luke.

I could see FG Luke appearing to Kylo and while both talk the entire flashback is revealed at last.

christophero30 likes this.
  5. NOTJEDIMATERIAL

NOTJEDIMATERIAL Jedi Knight star 3

May 3, 2018
    I view this entire subject as a huge lost opportunity but then again maybe that is because I am a Luke fan. If the story is going a different direction with Rey/Kylo's relationship as the main plot then I am not sure what good this flashback would do since we have already been told it happened. Boy could I go for some KOR related action.

11-4D, Roosterq and christophero30 like this.
  6. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    Doesn't look like we're getting another organized group of Jedi for this trilogy.

christophero30 likes this.
  7. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    KOR vs. Kylo Ren. They mortally would Ren who tries to save Rey and then Rey and Force Ghost Luke, Obi Wan, Qui Gon, and Anakin fight alongside Rey vs. The KOR. Hey a boy can dream.

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. Justin Gensel

Justin Gensel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 11, 2018
    If the Jedi are ever going to return in earnest, it likely won't be until one of the secondary trilogies coming down the line, assuming that we don't just end up languishing eternally in prequels[face_nail_biting]

9. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    According to what TLJ lets us understand, Luke's order are all dead. Luke certainly believes himself to be the last Jedi - he outright states the Jedi will die when he does.

10. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    TFA had concept art of one of Luke's Jedi students being tortured. Maybe they could still use that idea.
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I haven't read the legends books but from what i know Luke started his own academy... now there is a big gap there that they could put back into continuity, or at least a little bit of that... its just a shame we see very little of it in TLJ.

12. Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 8, 2018
    Ditto. How the hell did we get from the RETURN of the Jedi to the LAST jedi like that?

But, whatever. I've made my peace with this direction now, and I'll roll with it.

11-4D likes this.
  13. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I expect this will be included in a TV series in the future. Something along the lines of TCW cartoon. It's not what I would hope for, for such an important part of the story, but if I can at least have some hope of getting a story that ties the PT to the OT in a meaningful manner, it's better than the void that exists right now. It's sad Disney didn't seem to find this story element as important as it obviously is.

14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Luke’s former odor? Dead tauntaun.

15. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Luke told Rey that Kylo left with a handful of his students, so Kylo didn't kill all of them. I suspect they are the KOR, but it would be a neat twist if they were not KOR and came back to help Rey and company

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I think the survivors are in the KOR, though my preferable way to treat them (and Kylo) would be to reveal that Snoke gaslit the, for months or even years to brainwash them into this servants, that his spirit is still lurking around trying to possess one of them, driving them mad, and that by revealing his manipulation, you can free them.

And how do you free them? Rey gets some help from Force Ghost Luke to shock them into knowing the truth and facing their deeds. Some get redeemed, some go off the deep end.

17. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Maybe all of the Knights of Ren get redeemed except Kylo. That would subvert expectations. And give Luke some lasting legacy in form of his students.

18. The Wrens of Night

The Wrens of Night Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 14, 2017
    The KoR being former students really sours Luke's reputation as a teacher, because it means that he wasn't just failing Kylo, he was failing a bunch of the other students. Has a real Tom Riddle/Dumbledore vibe to it with Kylo as Tom Riddle - gaining the friendship and then worship/allegiance of several other students under Dumbledore's nose to the point that when he left school, they went with him to do his bidding. Let's say after Kylo knocks Luke out, he goes to the Temple, gathers everyone and says, "OK, come with me or get killed!" - he'd have to be very popular/feared at that point already to be able to have that sort of sway over other students. Even if there only 5-10 others at the academy, was he so in command that none of them stood up to him? And what about the flash Rey sees of him and the Knights of Ren killing a guy in a field of bodies? Did they all already have the costumes like Death Eaters and were just waiting to put them on? Or is that a flashforward to some fight between the KoR and Rey and her SuperForceFriends in Episode IX?

whostheBossk and DarthBane93 like this.
  19. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Yes Luke didnt accomplish much if anything at all....its a shame his other students just simply got wiped off and/or additional members went dark like Ben did. I would have laughed if anyone told me that back when Lucas sold to Disney if this would have been the story.

At this point I'd rather they just went with the KOR just simply being random mofos that Kylo or Snoke has picked from the sewers of the unknown regions. I think making them Luke's former students not just tarnishes Luke even moreso but makes us ask more questions as to "why and how" would these students also turn and why Luke was such a terrible teacher.

20. NOTJEDIMATERIAL

NOTJEDIMATERIAL Jedi Knight star 3

May 3, 2018
    Maybe if they had shown us all of this instead of just telling us about it we could make these conclusions for ourselves. I really think this needs to be better explained in ep 9 because I think that is why Kylo just doesn't get it done for some people. I want to see evidence of his evil beyond Han.

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    He could have a whole range of aftershaves,

Rancor Breath, Eau de Parfum
    Trash Compactor, Eau de toillette
    Tauntaun Innards, Eau de colonge

A scent for every occasion. [face_rofl]