main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke and Gaerial: WE are the Cosmic Balance

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Anapad Nabooine, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    I searched for a thread dedicated this 'ship and found none. I'm not a regular poster in the EU forum, but this concept won't leave me alone. I haven?t read a lot of EU novels, but Truce at Bakura is one of my favorites. Now I know Luke/Mara rules here (she?s too abrasive for Luke imho) and Luke/Callista is at least mentioned (the whole person that she was died before she even met him ? too unavailable) but?is there anyone in EU land who thinks that Gaerial Captison is actually the woman for Luke Skywalker - despite her religious convictions? It just seems to me that attraction to senators is strong in the Skywalker family. ;) If I am alone in this, lock the thread. I had to try. :cool:

2. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I thought Gaeriel was killed off in the Corellian Trilogy?

3. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Well, even though I completely disagree, I'd have to say that a 'ship can live on without a character being alive (although I don't really know her status).

I'll say that I held out for Gaeriel for quite a while. The whole Callista thing bothered me in general, so I was really in favor of Gaeriel. But when it became obvious with Mara... yeah.

4. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    That I don't know but as Jaina Byrd
    About Callista, I guess it just bothers me that her original body was long gone and her essence was part of a computer by the time Luke met her.

Well, I thank you both for posting even if you don?t care for this ?ship.

5. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    I wouldn't call it the Luke Skywalker ship, but I will admit that this is an alternate pairing that I actually like. In a galaxy without Mara Jade, Gaerial would do very nicely. I've even done a little bit of fanart of her on occasion.

6. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Gaeri was always my favorite.

7. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    She has such a pretty name. :) She was my favorite for a while, but I think Mara is better for him, in the end.

8. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    I always liked her... She has a pretty name. But I suppose Mara and Luke weigh out the pros and cons in one another.
    Though another senator figure in the Skywalker family would have been awesome!

9. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm an L/Mer but I always liked Gaerial. If Mara wasn't around I would have liked to see them end up together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.