main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke and Leia on Naboo

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Yodalicious, Feb 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodalicious

Yodalicious Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2002
    Have Luke and Leia visited Naboo? Do they know anything about their mother except what Leia says she remembers in RotJ?

2. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Nope they haven't...at least not in any source yet documented.

..though they do visit it in Infinities: A New Hope, but that's noncanon.

3. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I doubt we'll see them visit Naboo in any work of canon until after Ep III.

4. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Well, there's demolition, but really in the canon version of those events it was probably all on Tatooine.

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    So far, only in fan fiction.

6. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    "Well, there's demolition, but really in the canon version of those events it was probably all on Tatooine."

Sort of like Racer Revenge. I doubt it took place on Tatooine, as Anakin hasn't been there since he was 9. They probably all occured on Malastare or something.

7. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    podracer 1 had 3 main characters to start with. The story probably had nothing to do with anakin, but had to do with the other two starting characters.

Racer's revenge anakin might make stops to all the places but tatooine levels perhaps.

8. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    "podracer 1 had 3 main characters to start with. The story probably had nothing to do with anakin, but had to do with the other two starting characters."

Which ones?

Sebulba and...?

9. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I forget, I'd have to install it.

anakin was one of them, that much is for sure(He's obviously not part of the story except for the tatooine races).

But I can't remember the other 2.

Sebulba was a character you had to unlock later on, he had special weapon flame projector.

10. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    Luke knows about his mummy and daddy.
    I found this in time tales

After the Hand of Thrawn affair, Luke and Mara begin making plans not only for their wedding, but for the Jedi as well. Luke, having realized that his choice of locales for his Academy (Yavin 4) was not ideal, chooses the ancient Jedi ruins that the obliterated Jedi Temple on Coruscant was built upon as the site of a new Jedi headquarters and training facility. His idea, of course, brought on by the new information revealed secretly to him by the New Republic's historians about the Jedi Order's illustrious past on the Galactic Republic's seat of power. The information also included the origins and identities of his parents, Anakin Skywalker and Queen Padme Naberrie Amidala, his two droid companions, C-3PO and R2-D2, and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Because of the information's sensitive nature it is subsequently classified by New Republic Intelligence, for release to the galactic public once details have been fleshed out and analyzed to a greater degree. Finally discovering the identity of his mother, Luke finds new peace concerning his previous ordeal with Akanah Pell and the Fallanassi. Curious to know more, he queries his droids about their past with his parents, but they mysteriously cannot recall much about that time. With more information coming to him daily about the Jedi before the Dark Times, as well as the information recovered from previously discovered troves of Jedi information and lore, like the Chu'unthor, the Jedi planet Ossus, Mount Tantiss, and the Lost City of the Jedi, Luke also learns of the Midichlorians, the Jedi Council, and old Jedi wisdom, including the Padawan training concept. Luke and Mara move into action. With the Republic's support, they begin construction on the huge domed facility, to be built over and around the ancient ruins, seeking to perfectly preserve the remaining ruins as the construction progresses. The couple remain on Coruscant to oversee the beginnings of the monumental construction project while preparing for their wedding. Over the next few months, Luke begins to toy with the idea of reestablishing the Jedi Council as the Jedi continue to grow in number. Satisfied with all the initial construction and pre-wedding planning, Luke and Mara leave for Garqi, and a well-deserved vacation?

Conjecture from The Essential Chronology, Episode I: The Phantom Menace and the yet-to-be-released prequel movies, The Hand of Thrawn Duology, Union, The Junior and Young Jedi Knights series, Vector Prime and the Dark Tide Duology. Mike Zeiger: This would successfully incorporate all we know about Episode I which was sought to be tied in by the Essential Chronology. It would also tell us why Luke and Mara were on Coruscant in Union, although that's very obvious, the ruins where Corran and Kam fought in Union, where the 'Jedi Wedding' was in Union, where Mara was over the years after their wedding, also tying in Luke's ideas for reestablishing the Jedi Council, and the domed facility of Coruscant seen in Dark Tide II: Ruin. Also do not be alarmed at the ideas about the Temple or the droids. All are subject to change once Episodes II and III are released. At the moment the entries are correct, since neither Artoo or Threepio seem to know anything of their past in A New Hope and do not recognize Vader in any of the events of the Galactic Civil War. Perhaps the two did have a memory wipe once!! Also, it is safe to assume that the Temple has been obliterated by the Emperor in the Great Purge because Luke hadn't found the Temple since Coruscant was occupied by the New Republic (it hasn't yet been mentioned in the NJO, anyway).

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Luke knows about his dad, he doesn't know about his mom, except for a few details that leia knew about.

Which is why he was fooled by ankanah in BFC.

All the tapestry proves in TTT is that palpatine had a thing for padme, another fellow person from his homeplanet of naboo, and put tapestry in the palace.

Note as well, that the EC on page 43, talks about how luke doesn't know much about his mother just a few tidbits, and hasn't found enough to link it back to anyone known in the history. They do know she is a queen, but that is about it. They don't have a clue as to what queen she might be. As people know there are thousands of queens out there from many planets.

12. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    That would actually be a good story, Luke and/or Leia finding clues and tracing them back to their mother, maybe piecing together the events of the PT and discovering their similarities to their parents. That would be a really interesting character study....who am I kidding? Ok, how about a super-weapon that can eat whole galaxies? :p

13. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Well, what I wish is that Time Tales was more than fan fiction.

It would be nice to see what Luke and Mara did during the first six years of their marriage. Now that the Vong are occupying Coruscant all their handi-work has been dashed.

It would be cool if a couple of hundred Jedi faked their deaths and came back after the NJO. It's a big galaxy. Maybe people like Thracia Cho Leem (she'd be over eighty, but that's not impossible), and her kids. She knew what was going to happen. She disappeared after Rogue Planet. No one knew where she went, no one ever heard from her again.

14. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    In Racer on the N64 there are more than three characters to egin with AND Anakain is one of them

But.....

Anakin doesn't actually feature in any of the first series of races which are on the amateur circuit (I think). Looking at the cycles of the races the new series of the podracing circuit, allowing for the invitational races to be a big celebration race at the end of the year there are three years.

I think (and please correct me if wrong) that the galactic podracing cycle should begin at -34 BSW4, followed by the semi-pro round in -33 BSW4 then the galactic circuit in the year of the phantom menace, with the invitational races being staged at the end of the cycle i.e. Boonta Eve = last race.

This would seem to be concurrent because inthe comic emissaries to malastre Sebulba has been demoted to the level below galactic circuit.

After all Anakin DOES do some races before TPM when he finds the pod in one of the young persons books.

This theory is also backed up from information from timetales about Ebe Endecott winning the amateur and semi pro tournaments.

The REAL controversy about Anakin's role in RACER coes because he is using the same pod that he uses in TPM. Would Watto not find it a little strange that the pod that Qui-Gon 'owns'is exactly the same as the one Anakin has been racing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.