Luke and Leia should reconnect with Padme's family!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Boba Frett, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendo255 Jedi Knight

star 2
  2. QuentinGeorge Force Ghost

star 5
    We don't need a reunion story. Just take it as given, and have a Naberrie show up in the main storyline. Heck, Ryoo may have had multiple children, any of whom could conceivably join the main cast.
  3. Boba Frett Force Ghost

star 4
    I totally dig the story ideas. I reject the notion of perpetually sidelining the Padme side of the family- she was important in RoTJ at the end, when Luke asked about their mother.

With Allana being a little girl, it would be cool for her to meet more family. Doesn't have to be an ENTIRE novel, but part of the overall story.

Like, maybe the family had something they wanted to pass down from Padme to the kids.
  4. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    I think Luke and Leia would like to know more about their mother. I don't know how one would properly write a novel about them visiting Naboo. In many ways, the novelization of ROTJ resolved the Skywalker family better than the movies did, because we see Leia and Han at the end; Leia even jokes about how Luke will soon be an uncle. (Obviously in the novels we get to see Leia and Han marrying and having three crazy kids.)
  5. Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Master

star 2
    What?! Where did this happen? I must have missed something.... What novel/graphic novel did they meet in?

I'd love another Tatooine Ghost type story. Frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of the Jedi always being in trouble with the Alliance over the Sith. C'mon! Eighteen books with the Jedi on the defensive against attacks from the government because of the Sith (LotF & FotJ series)? How original is that? I'm also getting tired of the Sith being the villains in all the latest books (LotF with Cadeus/Lumiya, & FotJ with this whole 'Lost Tribe' stuff). Can't they get new villains? It seems to me that when they need a villain lately it's "Ok we need a bad guy... let's make him/her a Sith Lord!" The whole movie saga was about the Sith taking over & destroying the Jedi. Do we really need that to happen repeatedly in the EU too?
  6. Kol_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Never was fond of that name. Pooja sounds like something I would leave in the toilet.

With the focus on twins in the SW mythos, especially in the Skywalker line, I am suprised there never was a twin named Pissja. After all, it is logical, as we have Luke / Leia, Jacen / Jaina - they both start with the same letters.

Perhaps that is what the novel could be about, the search for Pissja.
  7. QuentinGeorge Force Ghost

star 5
    Pooja is a very common Hindi name.
  8. whateveritis12 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Thinking on it this could've been a perfect part of the Millenium Falcon storyline.

The Falcon was on Naboo during TPM and successfully ran the blockade a couple times or it was just grounded. But it leads to Han and Leia getting a clue about the owner still living on Naboo because he loved the scenery or something. They go "Oh it's been a while since we've seen Pooja and Ryoo let's drop by them on our way to the next clue." Cue them meeting with Pooja and Ryoo who have children of similar or older ages to Jaina and Jacen with a grandkid Allana's age and maybe a couple younger, give Allana something to break up the monotony of going from one place to another and only hearing the Millenium Falcon's story. Then when they ask about why Luke isn't with them, they say it's a Solo adventure and Luke is having troubles with the new government and trying to keep the Jedi under control, something that ties into the FOTJ storyline.

Bam the Naberries come back in and it's an introduction to any of their children that could be in places of power.
  9. xx_Anakin_xx Force Ghost

star 4
    In light of fairness and the desire of others, I think they should do a stand alone reunion Novel that I wouldn't feel too bad about not reading. It couldn't really be a Tatooine Ghost like story unless Padme's relatives were all wiped out, but I am sure they could come up with something - have Han and Alana save Naboo from Jar Jar's descendants and redeem them while Leia and Luke do the meet and greet or something...
  10. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    There are several ways to do it, but I doubt anyone will. Apparently the EU isn't allowed to touch Padmé.

Or it could just be that a lot of people had a problem with Padmé being so willing to ignore her husband's MASS MURDERS!
  11. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    I'd rather read a reunion story thsn snything else out there, but it's not gonna happen. Might be too 'happy' for the current mood. Luke and Leia being happy? Can't have that!

Seriosuly, it'd be great to see them reconnecting with the Naberries!
  12. Jmacq1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I think how it's already been done is perfect:

A few paragraphs in Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force with some nice in-character perspective from (IIRC) both Leia and Pooja (who gave a nice little recap of meeting Anakin in Episode II and generally thinking he was totally awesome, and being utterly unable to reconcile the idea of him being Darth Vader, which I thought was nice).

A short story? Well, OK, I could live with something like that cropping up on Hyperspace or in the Insider or something.

A novel? Heck no, but having Naberries be mentioned or even showing up briefly wouldn't be out of place.

Truth be told, it's not entirely common for relatives who meet as adults to become particularly close. Luke and Leia probably send the Naberries Life-Day Holocards (so to speak) and keep in touch in a general fashion, but they're probably not really "family" so to speak. Luke, Leia, Han, Jaina, Ben, and Allana are the "family" now.
  13. QuentinGeorge Force Ghost

star 5
    Not to mention both Pooja and Ryoo would have children and grandchildren of their own.
  14. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    How about a 2 issue comic book story where they reunite with their family? I'd buy that in an instant.

Something better than what was in Joiner King (I bought it, but never READ it, just skimmed it for the Padme glances.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.