main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke and Leia's relatives on Naboo ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jinn-N-Tonic, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    I'm sorry if there's already a thread covering this topic.

At the end of ROTS, Padme's parents, sisters and brothers are still alive.

Has any EU novels featured Luke and Leia contacting/visiting their grandparents, aunts, uncle's and cousins on Naboo ?

If so what are their relationship like?

I would imagine Padme's family would be bitter towards Anakin and there fore bring it on towards Luke and Leia.

2. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    As of now there is no novels dealing with that.

IN fact Luke/Leia did not even know who there mother was until the Dark Nest triolgy, which takes place 35 yrs ABY.

3. Juma-Juice

Juma-Juice Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    I don't think so. I think Leia considered the senator from alderaan(forgot his name :() her family, and luke considered the lars' his family.

4. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I expect, sooner or later, this'll be dealt with.

5. redmosqui

redmosqui Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2006
    this was the thing i liked best about the dark nest trilogy....it's what stands out for me...i almost felt excited for them to learn more and more.

6. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    More likely, it's already been dealt with in the four years between DN and LOTF (short story to come in SW Insider, I'm sure).

7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Hope so.

Really, this is one of those things that makes me wish that they'd go back and "reimagine" the Post-RotS EU a bit. Galvanise the big three into action and have them doing/uncovering more in their prime. It seems a bit silly that they're in their 50/60s now and only just finding out about Padme and the like.

Maybe then we wouldn't have had to been fed the silly "60 is the new 40" stuff, which makes the timeframe in which Legacy takes place feel a bit... well, odd.

Ah well.

Tinwe likes this.
  8. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    I wish this story would be told.

In some ways, the Skywalker clan could learn a thing or two fromthe philanthropist Naberrie clan. I'm sure Padme's little nieces are still alive. There are around ten years older than Luke and Leia.

I think that would be a lot of fun, esp if Sola is still alive. She has a sense of humor. It would fun to have her and Han banter a bit. Leia got her sense of humor from her aunt and grandmother (Jobal).

I don't think so. I think Leia considered the senator from alderaan(forgot his name sad ) her family, and luke considered the lars' his family.

Okay, they all died when Luke and Leia were 18 or so. They deserve a family. Everyone in their age needs a family. Mara never had a family. It would be so nice for them to have a real home to go to, that's not all politicized and whatever. One where they are loved and accepted.

9. _ViE_AcheRoN_

_ViE_AcheRoN_ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2003
    That's what they get for not reading official New Republic publications like The New Essential Guide to Characters. Damn you, Voren Na'al.

10. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    Damn!!! I'd really like to see one that does.

I've read as far as Vector Prime (25 yrs after ABY) that they were cluless to who their mother was.

I remember reading the subplot for Black Fleet Crisis with Luke searching for his mother (which I thought was a pretty stupid thing for Bantom publishing to do considering how close GL was to shooting TPM).

I haven't had the chance to read beyond Vector Prime but I was hoping that somewhere during the events of NJO that Luke and Leia would discover their relatives on Naboo (considering that the prequel trilogy was wrapping up while they were being written and published).

How could Luke and Leia be so clueless for all those years.

Wasn't Padme and Mon Mothma friends or associates?

How about Obi wan Kenobie, didn't he stay in contact with Luke up until the begining of Heir to the Empire?

I just think thatit would make an interesting story to see Luke, Leia and Han visit Naboo.

11. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    [face_hypnotized] =P~ :*

12. wade1972

wade1972 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    I would love to see stories about this, and to see if any other Skywalkers are out there (maybe Shmi had a brother/sister, etc..).

It would be nice as well to see Padme's necklace (from Anakin) be given to Leia, or Luke - it would be a nice touching scene.

I would like to see a story with Vader on Naboo though, to see what that would be like. There's a lot of emotional issues that Star Wars could hit if they (the writers) wanted to (and were allowed to).

13. bnxian

bnxian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    What about finally getting the connection between C3PO being made by Anakin Skywalker? After Dark Nest it was realized that R2D2 was there and they heard C3PO in the background {I'm surprised they weren't more shocked on this point}, but the memory wipe to C3PO might make it near impossible for Luke/Leia to ever realise where he originated from.

Also, as a fun note in one of the novels {maybe someone out there can remember which} Han was telling Luke to act like an older brother and boss Leia into doing something, to which Luke replies that they never could figure out who was actually the older-- we ourselves didn't know until ROTS... it just proves that there are so many backstories and connections to tell. That's one of the main reasons why I enjoyed Tatooine Ghost so much. Hope there will be more [face_praying]

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    There's a comic in Tales where Vader recognizes Threepio after he's blow to bits on Bespin, thus explaining why he allows Chewie to repair the droid.

15. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    The book Before the Storm deals with Luke on a quest to find out who his mother is....the whole thing doesn't make a whole lot of sense now considering Episodes I,II,III (and I haven't read the book in a LONG time so my memory could be fuzzy...) but I thought they were alluding to their mother being some sort of "pure lightside" in it....so its not like the powers that be didn't try to explain some stuff sooner than DN ( the Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy occurs 16-17 years after ANH) but I'm pretty sure most people didn't like the Trilogy and blocked it from their memories.

[Edit] So upon reading an incredibly old thread for Newbies that went completely off topic...I've discovered that the character Luke met was lying to him about the whole mother thing, but he still attempted to find her.

16. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    the thing is we know all the info but the twins dont. they didnt know where they came from for all they knew it was some teenage pregnancy or something. there would have to be more clues to find first. what if wedge gave the mind wipe duty to someone else who saved the data on a card. someone finds the card... all sorts of possibilities

17. Card_Dreamer

Card_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2003
    Except she was buried with it, IIRC (she's holding it at the end of EpIII). There's still anakin's Padawan Braid though ;P Just think, Luke could pass it on to Ben to wear (in a creepy sort of way).

But yes, I too would love these type of stories being told.

18. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Luke and Leia arrive on Naboo to find a giant portrait in the Palace of this 9 year old and R2 commemorating their destruction of the Droid Control ship.

Luke glares and R2 "You've been holding back on me again you scrap cart!"

Then an aged Jar Jar comes to tell his crazy story about adventuring with Jedi, knowing Anakin Skywalker, and being the fall guy for the creation of the Galactic Empire.

Oh yeah...can't wait for that. 8-}

19. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    Let's hope it is told in a short story somewhere. At least then I won't have to shell out for a book that's part of the major storyline only to be confornted with more contrived, unnecessary nonsense like the R2 Hologram strand that gnawed it's way through the main plot of Dark Nest like some virulent carcinogenic.

20. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    Inspired choice of words there. I approve!

21. wade1972

wade1972 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    I didn't know Padme was buried. I had been wondering about that - I thought she may have been burnt like Qui-Gon, Anakin, etc.

I would enjoy seeing a book just about Luke and Leia and Anakin and Padme, something that deals with the emotions of it all and the hurt and the rest of it. It would make a good stand alone novel.

22. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    Why, Thank you!

23. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    Be the closest thing to a romance novel since Tatooeine Ghosts

Titles:

Skywalker Diaries
    Sorry, I Ruined Your Future
    I Choked Your Mom Cause I Loved Her so Much
    Don't Be like Me when you grow up
    Never have Kids, They'll kill Ya!
    Let's Make the Galaxy a little Smaller
    R2 has Watched All of Us have Sex
    A Smuggler and an Assassin? You've got Better Genes then That!

24. bnxian

bnxian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    What if part of the "legacy of the Skywalkers may come full circle" line from the cover of the Legacy of the Force series uses Anakin/Padme to Luke & Leia's families... something where in the unfolding of current events in the novels there are retrospects of the whole original Naboo questions earlier stated and information learned to the point where Luke/Leia know almost as much about their parents as we do

25. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I guess everyone but me simply missed the bit about the short story...

Anyway, I'd love to see a Boss Jar Jar, all catfish whiskered and, hopefully, mature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.