main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke and Leia's relatives on Naboo ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jinn-N-Tonic, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It would be funny if Luke and Leia meet Jar Jar, hear his tale, and then walk off like "that Gungan's crazy, he just made all of that up" after hearing the truth! It's a pretty ubelieavble story, after all, and it is Jar Jar. :p "It all started when I knocked over the bosses'..."

2. Juma-Juice

Juma-Juice Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    I'd love to see Luke and Leia's reactions to that lol.

3. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    I actually loved those book titles. They should have ten book series for it. Like The SW goosebumps books.

To round those out:

Honey, I Blew Up the Jedi Babies

Sometimes, You just Gotta Choke Something.

Padme Like Spanky

Ani and the Comm Unit

We Love Our Boss!

4. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Um.

I like this one.

5. Card_Dreamer

Card_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2003
    Wade: I don't know if Padme was actually buried. I just know she had the necklace with her. I think it's revealed what exactly happens to her in Last of the Jedi #4: Death on Naboo dealing with her grandmother...

6. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Ok, Dark Jedi 666, I have answered these for you. But I highlighted it out in case you don't want the spoilers...;)

Agreed.;) But I don't think this will happen because in Legacy of the Force we are being told that the Skywalker/Solo family will be torn apart by war. Which in my opinion will be another atrocity added to Del Rey's list if it turns out to be true.:mad:

One more thing. Padme Amidala's body was cremated in the same room as Qui-Gon Jinn's was. Bail Organa made it clear to her family that the body had to be cremated. This was done so that Plapatine and Vader could never "recov

7. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Just a little point: if you haven't read the Black Fleet Crisis, please don't not read them now because the information is "wrong." It's not that the books are contradicted by the movies, it's that, in the novels, Akanah is lying to Luke in order to get him to help her.

Just to clarify.

8. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Doesn't mean they are bad books.

Chewie coming to rescue Han on the Super Star Destroyer is one of the best moments in EU!

And lets not forget Vader's Fortress of Solitude!

Just don't read the books expecting to find out stuff about Padme.

9. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    No. It doesn't even imply they might be. It has nothing at all to do with the quality of the books my point is...
    ...that people seem to be saying, "We know she's not really his mom because of Episode III..." when in fact it's, "We know she's not really his mom because Akanah was lying. There's no contradiction, just an interesting story that resolves itself."

10. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    apologies...I misread you the first time.

11. 1_4_Jedi

1_4_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2006
    Damn straight! That was right up there with Ganner "None shall pass" Rhysode & the last battle of Corousant (GFFA vs. Vong).

12. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Mostly cuz...sheesh...Chewie got to shine. So rare.

13. Cassandra1

Cassandra1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2004
    I liked reading that in Dark Nest. Luke & Leia actually got to see their parents thanks to the disk in R2D2 (scenes from ROTS that R2 "recorded"). I hope they press on with this. It's about time they started touching on this topic.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It's a shame that Leia never recognized her cousin in the Senate.

15. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006

16. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    Thanks for the excellent feedback Pied Piper.

Perhaps sometime in the future Del Rey could publish an anthology novel ala "Tales from The New Republic" which features a short story about Luke and Leia visiting their relatives on Naboo.

17. Jedimarine

Feb 13, 2001
    Oh no, full blown novel in the post LOTF era.

Luke, Mara, Han, Leia decide to all retire together to a planet out of the line of fire...they go to Naboo to learn about their mother's family, learn there is an evil Sal-Naberrie ruling over the planet and enslaving the gungans. In a homage to TPM, our heros will travel through the planet core, avoid falling over the Theed falls, assault the palace while the gungans distract the droid army Sal-Naberrie uses to control the Naboo. Finally, Luke's grandson (yes, grandson) will fly a fighter to destroy the control ship in orbit, with R2 in the droid socket.

As the victory celebration begins, R2 speaks directly to the reader and says..."Please wipe my memory...I beg you..."

18. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Yes . . . the storming of Pride of Yevetha was not only classic, it showed the first Wookiee fighting in a book. I liked the huge opening paragraph of technical verbose as much as the offhand rite of passage Chewiegum's kid got, right then and there.

Good stuff.

19. Darth_Raistlen

Darth_Raistlen Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2006
    Nice thought but maybe not so closly following the movies. The droid army is a bit much but other tahn that a great thought. It be nice not to have a galactic conflict going on for a change.

20. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    I thought that them learning about their parents is essential but not that late. And not in that fashion. where if he doesnt learn about them he cant face lomi.

21. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I believe that was a sarcastic joke on the fact the books have been immitating the Prequels lately.

22. EwokStromboli

EwokStromboli Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    How do we know that Palps didn't have a hit put on the Naberrie clan . . . just because, well . . . if you're a Sith lord, why not? O:)

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, just because Pooja Naberrie is a senator and all.

24. Kish

Kish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    Its possible that Pooja was killed later on in the Galactic Civil War, especially considering that she was a Rebel Alliance symapthizer. The last known information we have on her was that she was alive shortly after the events of A New Hope.

25. EwokStromboli

EwokStromboli Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Really? Ah, well you learn something new every day. Thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.