main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke and Mara?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Phaedrus, Mar 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phaedrus

Phaedrus Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    I just started reading the NJO. I read most of the books from the EU a couple of years ago but the last series I read was the Han Solo trilogy with the exception of a few of the Young Jedi Knights books. I just wanted to know how Luke and Mara hooked up. Was it covered in a graphic novel or did it hapen in the Timothy Zhan duology directly after the Han Solo trilogy?

2. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Luke proposed in VotF, the actual wedding took place in the comic series "Union".

3. Phaedrus

Phaedrus Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    Can I get any details. How did the whole thing happen?

4. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Luke and Mara were stuck in an artificial cavern on a planet called Niraun, and they were looking at what could have been their deaths. Luke proposed to Mara, and after letting him hang for a bit, accepted. So there you've got the engagement. As for the wedding itself, you'll have to get the details from someone else, I haven't readit yet.

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Which wedding do you want. In actuality, Union has two weddings for Luke and Mara. One being a Jedi wedding, and a little more private, and the other being heavily publicized. The funny thing is that Luke and Mara were already married when Han, Lando, and the gang threw his bachelor party. The same thing goes for Mara's bachelorette party. Also, Han and Wedge were telling Luke how things would be different after he was already married to Mara, but before the publicized wedding.

6. Phaedrus

Phaedrus Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    I guess I should read that duology. Is it any good? What's it about?

7. HerkMondo

HerkMondo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    its not realy a duology, ones a book and ones a comic

8. Phaedrus

Phaedrus Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    I'm talking about Spector of the Past and Visions of the Future. Isn't that supposed to be a duology?

9. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Vision of the Future is the second part of the Hand of Thrawn Duology, the first part being Specter of the Past. Union was originally released as a four issue comic series from Dark Horse. I believe it has been collected in one TPB (Trade Paper Back). Both are fair good.

10. HerkMondo

HerkMondo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    oh, well then yeah thats a duology

11. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    "Jedi wedding"

Isn't that a bit hipocritical? ;)

12. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Not in Luke?s Jedi order. That?s probably one of the best changes he ever made to the old rules. :)

13. DarthShimmra

DarthShimmra Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    If he even knew of the old rules....

14. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Who cares for the foolish rules of the Prequel era. Luke's Jedi compine some of the features of that era (central training base, a Padawan system of one on one training, with the exception of Luke training Jacen and Anakin at the start and the female Barbel who commands the Wild Knightz training three Barbel apprentice) with features from the ToTJ era. While in Union it mentions the Jedi know little of Jedi wedding traditions before the new order, they are actually pretty much following the ToTJ era on this. At that time, there was nothing wrong with Jedi getting married and having families. In fact, it was perfectly natural.

Nothing hypocritical about a Jedi wedding. Kam Solusar and Tionne were the first couple married in the new order using such a ceremony. In fact, they may well have been the first Jedi married in the new order. Corran wasn't a Jedi when he married Mirax. Plus, as it was figured no one else would understand such a ceremony and thusly would not attend or would get incredibly bored, only Jedi were invited. It was actually a nicer ceremony than the publicized one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.