main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke and Mara's Second Child

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediStryker, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    I don?t know if it?s even going to happen?

But if it were, I would absolutely love for them to have a Force-blind kid. It was an idea that was presented before Ben was born, but that obviously did not come to fruition. But imagine if they had a second kid, male or female, who was Force-blind.

Here he or she (I?ll just say ?he? because it?s easier), in a family of the strongest Jedi ever to exist, essentially an ancestor to the Force himself, and yet he cannot feel it. Imagine the conflicted feelings he would feel, and the incredible lengths he would probably go to to prove himself worthy of the Skywalker name. I could see many exciting books about this character as he grew up.

Anyway, I would love to see something like this. What do you think?

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    I think that possibility should be kept open for Luke's second child. However, not Luke and Mara's second child. Hopefully, by the time for Luke's second child, she will have been long-dead and buried.

Having another child with perhaps a NFS would be more believeable that they produce a NFS kid themselves.

3. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Having another child with perhaps a NFS would be more believeable that they produce a NFS kid themselves.

I agree to a point; however, the child?s Force-blindness might be more special if he?s unique. If he were the only one not to be able to touch the Force, then it would be more of a reason for him to want to prove himself. Just my opinion.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Hee hee hee... just for the sake of argument, what about Luke and Callista having a child? Hee hee hee... (sits back, watches sparks fly...)

5. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    DON'T CORRUPT MY THREAD!! NO!!!

:p

6. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    hahaha...

7. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Let's hope Mara doesn't die for a long long time. I swear I'd give up on Star Wars if they ruined Luke's life any more. Can't the poor guy just be happy?

On the topic of the thread, you're right. Having Luke and Mara have a child who is not Force sensitive would be extremely interesting for the entire family. They'd probably have a rough time relating to the kid, and the kid would have a rough time relating to his/her parents. Could you see Mara trying to relate to a teenager (this is a few years down the road) who feels like no one can relate, and has his/her parents' stubborness? I can also see a lot coming out of this.

~Inyri

8. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Inyri...
    "Let's hope Mara doesn't die for a long long time. I swear I'd give up on Star Wars if they ruined Luke's life any more."

Getting rid of Mara would actually put an end to the ruination of Luke's life. :)

9. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Gr-Adm-Thrawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2002
    what's this ...

10. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Gr-Adm-Thrawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2002
    /a black eyebrow starts twitching slightly as the Grand Admiral reads the first lines of the thread.
    As his eyes glow crimson, his lips form a slight grin.
    As he reads the next posts his face bares a wide smile and as he adds his post ; a sinister laugh is echoing throughout his private museum./

it's threads like these that make the Jedi council one of my favorite discussion forums.

it would be a very very interesting coming of events, indeed.

11. mj

mj Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 1998
    This idea has reared it's ugly head so many times, and I still say, "No, I don't like it." Why couldn't they just adopt a kid? Gosh knows there have to be plenty of orphans running around...

12. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Actually, adoption wouldn't change the premise too much. In fact, it might add to his frustrations because not only does he not feel completely like a part of the family, but he's alienated by his inability to feel the Force.

13. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I'm sooo sick of this idea...

But what I'd like for their second child is a daughter, who is Force-sensitive, but the exact opposite of Mara, rather quiet and shy.

14. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Geez, I hadn't heard the idea since Mara was first discovered to be pregnant. I guess I missed some threads. ;)

If the idea is old or stupid, let the thread die. :)

EDIT: But why does everyone in their family have to be Force-sensitive? I mean, wouldn't it be nice to have variety in these books? I mean, Han is so cool because he's able to go a little nuts and not have to worry about falling to the dark side, and because he has only himself to rely on.

I don't know, I like the idea.

But I would like for it to be a girl. It would be cool because she could bond with her uncle in a special way, and sort of become the female Han Solo that Jaina could never truly be because she's a Jedi.

Imagine Jaina's jealousy, too. Oh, the story possibilities....

15. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Luke and Mara's second child should just be a normal child of normal Skywalkers ablities and shouldn't be born until after the NJO.

16. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I think having children at there age is sick...

17. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Luke and Mara's second child should just be a normal child of normal Skywalkers ablities and shouldn't be born until after the NJO.

Why, though? Why should we have more and more Jedi babies? Why not a Skywalker that is not Force-sensitive? Don't the story possibilities seem exciting to anyone else?

I guess I just don't understand the need people seem to have for the same old thing over and over again.

Just me, I guess. :)

18. DashASolo

DashASolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    i really like the idea of luke and mara having a NFS child but not now, with the YV running around that would be a great post NJO story.

19. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Oh, I definitely mean Post-NJO. Having another kid now would detract from the war story of the NJO, I believe; and I also think Mara has a little more 'growing up' to do before she has another kid.

20. DashASolo

Feb 28, 2002
    i don't even think the kid should be a good pilot, i think SW gets too wrapped up in everybody being able to do something special,i.e. jedi, pilot, bounty hunter.
    what if their kid just wanted to go to holovids about Face loran or something, and not want to save the galaxy , but i guess that doesn't tell much of a story and he would always need rescuing. by the "special people"

21. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    I wouldn't mind the kid having some kind of skills; would actually like it if they developed many skills in an attempt to make up for their lack of Force power. After all, I would think they would feel the need to prove themselves to their Jedi family.

Just a thought, though.

22. DashASolo

Feb 28, 2002
    oh, i agree i just was joking a little. maybe a cook?

23. Admiral-Snackbar

Admiral-Snackbar Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    Maybe if Luke had a NFS kid the kid could put a fire under him and get him to start kicking the Vong butt we know he can. [face_devil]

24. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
  25. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Non-Force sensitive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.