main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke and Mara's Second Child

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediStryker, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I wanted Ben to be NFS when he was born, I think that it would have led to much more interesting stories if his character was developed well. BTW, what evidence do we have that he is Force sensitive? Maybe I missed the obligatory someone saying "I can feel how strong in the Force he is".

2. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I think that possibility should be kept open for Luke's second child. However, not Luke and Mara's second child. Hopefully, by the time for Luke's second child, she will have been long-dead and buried.

Thank you! It's bad enough that poor little Ben will be subjected to, "Ben, look! Your grandparents are here to pick you up!"

Now having a brood go through it......

Besides it's not realistic for Mara to have anymore kids. She's nearly menopausal, and that is when women actually run the highest risk of getting pregnant, but it very rarely happens twice.

Chissdude, for once I agree with you.
    Mara is 48, I don't care what anyone says. There's no way she could have had all this physical strength when she was 15, or whatever. She has to be older than Luke. She was in HttE, and they can't change it for the sake of this story. (Like they changed her from never having held a lightsaber to being some 'master' in the Darkside Sourcebook *cough* BS *cough*).

That is like me having a kid in 17 years, and I'm 31. Is that ridiculous?

3. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hey, don't go dissing cooking! One of my original jedi characters likes to cook! It is a skill. If only someone could actually teach me how! :p

I love the idea of a NFS child in the Skywalker family. I've always been a big fan of jedi, as many of you know from some of my arguements in previous threads, but a child who wasn't a jedi in a family of jedi has a lot of good story potential. Of course there'd be the big struggle about whether they really belong in the family where they're essentially blind when everyone else can see something they can't. Still, I'm sure it would all end with them discovering something special that they can do. Just because the kid's NFS doesn't mean she can't do cool stuff. If Jag Fel can fly better than Jaina, then NFS people can do probably anything if they really try hard enough, at least in the GFFA.

I also think it would be funny, if, by some un-godly miracle, Kyp Durron actually survived the NJO and managed to find a wife and reproduce, but the kid turned out to be more like Corran "Mr. Morality" Horn than Kyp. That would be quite funny indeed! :p

Jae Angel

4. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    are we having an age debate or a 2nd child debate here folks?

ANH- 18 + 25 years or so.....I doubt that Luke and Mara are 48........they are only around 46

Its not their fault they are having kids at this age.....they were married for what, 6 years in the beginning of Vector Prime, they could have had a child then.

I'm with the 2nd child of Luke and MARA people here - they should have a second one, and as soon as possible - after the NJO. And, I don't think they should have a non force sensitive child - because the only person that poor kid could look up to is Uncle Han - and who knows what his fate will be?

And, its so sad that people want Mara dead - Luke is finally happy. THey just need to find a writer that can write them correctly and then maybe there would be less death threats against her. :(

5. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Would be awesome if their second child ran away and settled down for a nice life as a moisture farmer. The Skywalker line deserves some R&R and a normality in their existance that doesn't consist of killing everything that rears its head as if they were playing some kind of twisted "Bop the mole on the head" game.

6. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Yeah but see the thing is...would you like to READ the "Adventures of Jim Bob Skywalker: Just your average guy on a moisture farm"???

Del Rey would never do it.

Anyway...technically, Ben IS their second kid. Or at least Luke's. He adopted Malizna (sp?) after her mom who's name i am blanking on was killed. And they sees her whenever he can. So Ben is #2 already...would you really want them to have a third kid?

7. loser_fett

loser_fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2001
    Malinza was adopted by a Bakuran family. Luke and Mara just sponser her (whatever that means).

8. Doikk-Na-ts

Doikk-Na-ts Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2002
    Why not Callista? Wasn't the Jedi's body she took over (can't remember name) described as "the blonde with the legs"? MMMMM. What a great mid-life crisis scandal. We already have an estranged marriage. [face_mischief]

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Why not Callista?

I think mostly because there are a bunch of people who consider their feelings towards Callista the same as Genghis' feelings towards Zahn...

10. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Here's what I hope is a novel idea. Very often older women have a stronger tendancy to have children with Down's Syndrome. What if the kid got this desease or some other thing that made them physically ugly or incapacitated, but strong in the force.

Chissdude, be careful what you say about older women or they will come and get you...

Many women have kids way into their fifties.

11. mj

mj Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 1998
    *rolls in laughter* This last post just reminded me of a FanFic that floated around a while back here at the JC about Luke and Mara having a kid named Skeet. Hahahahaha... Very un-PC, btw, but funny.

12. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Geez...all I wanted is a kid who's Force-blind, and this is the response I get??
    [face_laugh]

Anyway, since I guess this is played out, I'll bow out gracefully. Still, I can always hope... :D

13. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Interesting idea, but I don't consider it likely.

14. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    dp4m and isbeth - ROTFLMAO!

15. amarice77

amarice77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    Hey guys...dont totally banish the idea of Mara never copulating again..she's in her late 40's, I know..but humans in GFFA are supposedly more long-lived than their Earth counterparts. Besides, a Spanish lady had her second baby hust recently at the ripe old age of 70. So yeah..why not Mara getting down with her squeeze (hubby Luke) which they do these days more often than in the past..talk about teenagers in heat..[face_plain] ;)

*Runs and hides in a corner.....*

16. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    Luke 18? he and Leia were 20 in ANH.....

book says he was twice the age o the ten year old moisture vaperator i believe....

17. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    According to Lucas, they were 18 from what I remember. They were actually supposed to be around 17, actually, but I believe that changed later on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.