main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke and the jedi council

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Soontir-Fel, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    If Luke was at his skill level as of NJO in the prequeles would he be on the Jedi council?

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    According to Star Wars the Role playing Game Luke Skywalker is a 16th level Jedi Gaurdian which is 3 levels past the level required to be acknowledged as a Jedi Master. Furthermore Qui Gon Jinn and Ben Kenobi were both 15th level Jedi Masters at the time of their deaths.

Because if qui Gon would follow the code he'd be on the council my guess is Luke probably would be.

That is of course if the Jedi could accept Luke with his fall to the Dark Side of the Force, his exceptionally 'normal' mindset set after 19 years of growing up, and the fact he is married with a young son

In the end I believe Luke would cause a great deal of revolution and eventually be one

3. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Hey CHarl, where is Kyp on this ranking?

4. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Kyp may be stronger then Luks, as said in RD, but has less of an understanding of the force.

5. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

I'm curious as to what level Yoda, Anakin and Mace got. Any help would be much appreciated guys.

6. marmkid

marmkid Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2001
    is there anywhere to see these rankings online?
    they sound cool

7. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

C'mon, Charlemagne! I know your out there... "don't make me destroy you!" ;)

8. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Oopsey Daisy. Sorry guys and Gal :)

Thanks for inviting me back here

Well recently the New Jedi Order sourcebook has been released by Wizards of the Coast which is the 3rd edition of the Star Wars Roleplaying game. Some fans prefer the previous editions which gave seperate scores for skills and Force Ability instead of an overall one but the Company producing it (West End Games) folded before New Jedi Order and the last publication of Luke's stats was for Jedi Academy.

However I've switched over myself to 3rd edition and find the rules quite accurate and in some ways quite superior to the old WEG system.

Mace Windu is described as "The greatest jedi warrior presently alive" in the Prequel era and he is an 18th level Jedi Gaurdian. This is roughly equivalent to the power of Darth Vader though DV has something called the "Skywalker gene pool" which allows him powers normally unavailable to one of his skill ranking and he and all of his descedants (Leia, Luke, and the Solo kids included) advance far quicker than normal Jedi

20th level is usually described as the
    maximum heights a person can reach in the galaxy though which means you are a truly legendary individual in your field.

Yoda is described as being a 20th level Jedi Counsellor who are mostly Jedi Knights who specialize in diplomacy, spirituality, and healing as opposed to the physical aspects of the force which are usually balanced with this in the Jedi Gaurdian

It's possible that with Epic levels this might change when it comes out but at present Darth Sideous (who is a mere 16th level Jedi Counsellor in the Prequels equivalent) becomes a much more powerful Sith than even Yoda by the time of Empire's End using other techniques

Kyp Duroun if I don't miss my guess (my book isn't handy at present) is a 13th level Jedi Gaurdian himself...i.e. he's not as powerful as Luke Skywalker in control nor does he possess the Skywalker matrix. Kam Solusar is much more powerful as a 16th level Jedi himself.

Were it not for the Skywalker gene pool Luke would probably be matched by his apprentice. Kyp on the other hand is a fairly "new" jedi master whose youth hurts him while Kam has old school training as well as years serving the Emperor as Sedriss's rival

Edit:

Oh subnote according to Wizards of the Coast which has some nifty access to stuff as far as I can tell Anakin Skywalker at the time of his fall from grace is a 16th level Jedi Gaurdian.

Given I don't suspect too much of a dramatic power hike from II til III it seems that one of the main points of contention between him and his master is that Anakin is more powerful than Most Jedi masters and certainly his own Jedi Masters well before he's even achieved his rank as a Knight!

It's possible fear plays a part in their dealings with him or even envy

9. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

Thanks Charlemagne! :D

Interesting tid bit about Sidious being a relative weakling in TPM but becoming God almighty in DEE. This disturbs me for some strange reason. I guess I just don't like to accept that anyone is higher ranked than Yoda.

So am I to understand that in the PT era, Anakin was the equivilent to Sidious?! (and Luke) Then he got bumped to Mace's level as Darth Vader? Hmmm, I always thought it would have been the other way around. That he lost power after the accident. And you say that even the PT stuff was derived from the NJO sourcebook? Need to check that out. Thanks again for the heads up.

~PAd

10. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Thank you, Thank you I do my best.

Well the Sideous being more powerful than Yoda bit is derived from his being a 20th level Dark Side Devotee (or something like that) before becomming a 8th level Sith Lord. Unfortunately I don't have my Dark Side Handbook there either.

Since there hasn't been a Light Side Handbook yet (It's comming out in May) It might be possible Yoda goes through a similar power "explanation" though I somewhat doubt it. The Dark Empire Emperor's stats in WEG were obscenely high.

It's a fun EU book as always.
    Exar Kun's stats, Ulic Quel Drommels, Tremaynes, Jerec and his cronie's histories (Jerec was a Jedi Archaelogist of all things), Supreme Executor Sedriss, and much more.

As for the Prequel stuff that's all available in the Main book actually. Mace Windu, Obi Wan, Queen Amidala, Jar Jar, Sideous, Maul, Qui Gon, and Yoda are the sample characters for the Prequel era. The 16th level Anakin is from the boards which are usually reliable at Wizards of the Coast.

As for Vader becomming more powerful after being dumped in the lava the Book explains a good deal about this. Basically Vader seems to be no less effective combat wise (they seem to be upfront heavily playing that Vader has no desire to destroy Luke and was caught off gaurd and weakened when Luke attacked him with the Dark Side) but the Emperor keeps him alive solely through Sith Alchemy and a dolled out poison.

(Rather like "They blow you up!" as Anakin summarizes how they are kept in bondage)

Vader thus has learned much in the way of the Sith since his final defeat by Obi Wan but it has cost him a return to the slavery he hated most on Tatooine.

Plus Vader himself seems to confirm it in the movies and sums it up perfectly.

"When we first met I was but a learner, now I am the Master."
    "Only a Master of Evil Darth!"

Edit:

Another point too to consider is if Anakin can in a scant 14 years achieve 16th level as a Jedi Knight (my estimate on the remaining too movies from Phantom Menace where he is a mere Fringer like Luke) a 2 level increase is a remarkable downturn with 25 years or so between his taking a lava bath and doing battle on the death star even if exp costs go up...

(When your the best it gets harder to get better)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.