main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Dagobah jacket / fatigues

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by raphaelt, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raphaelt

raphaelt Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2005
    Hi everyone,

A number of years ago I noticed Luke's Dagobah fatigues jacket from ESB available for sale through the Star Wars Insider fanclub catalogue. Stupidly, I didn't buy one, and have always regretted it.

Recently, I've been looking for the jacket and have had no luck in tracking it down. I also have been unable to find info on making my own custom version.

If anyone has any information to share either on 1. where I can buy the jacket sold through the fan club, or 2. information on off-the-rack jackets that can be modified or designs to create my own I would be very grateful.

Cheers,

Raphael

2. Bandit-Jedi

Bandit-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2001
    I bought the Fan Club jacket many years back when they had it for sale. You can still find it on ebay every once in awhile. The jacket sizes run kinda big. i got an XL and it fits pretty loose. wish I would have gotten a large, but oh well.
    here are some pics of it
    [image=http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL68/916517/7879042/103979526.jpg]
    [image=http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL68/916517/7879042/103979942.jpg]
    The manufacturer is Jay Wen (made in USA). There are some other sites where you can order the full costume made to your size, just have to google it.
    If you want any more pics of the Fan Club Jacket for reference, just let me know and I will take some.

3. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Well, I got stuck with a Fan Club Dagobah jacket that wound being too big (no, I didn't buy it just to collect it :p ), but it probably would be useless to you because I'm going to assume you're an average sized guy--this thing was a large juniors. [face_blush]

Um, just keep checking eBay, they pop up there every now and then. If you feel like making one, there's really no one off-the-rack jacket that's a go-to for modifying, you'll just have to look around for something that looks in the ballpark. If you can work from scratch, the Dawn Anderson Falcon jacket pattern is a great base pattern to modify. Just change the pockets.

I've sent you a PM of a third option you have for this costume. :)

4. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

You seek Captain Carter...

PM sent ;)

5. raphaelt

raphaelt Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2005
    That's the one!

Thanks in particular for the name of the manufacturer. I might be able to track them down and see if they still have some available.

Thanks very much for your reply.

Cordially,

Raphael

6. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Ah, the fan club Luke's ESB jacket. When the fan club offered this and the Han Solo vest, I went for the vest first, totally planning on ordering the jacket later. At the time, I had no full-time job and was still in high school. And now that I can afford to get it, it's gone. :(

But that link for the "Falcon Jacket" looks great, but is kinda pricey. Looks like I'll have to keep hunting for Han's jacket.

7. lstevens

lstevens Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    Love the Bespin/Dagobah Fatigues.

Has anybody ever made this costume ?

8. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I can think of a few people offhand.

I used the fan club jacket as the basis for a more generic fatigues costume, but I didn't go for a replica of the costume Mark Hamill wore.

9. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Yeah, I saw a guy from around my neck of the woods at Empire Fan Fest who had an awesome Bespin Luke costume--he even looked kinda like Luke naturally. There's another guy from the So Cal 501st garrison who had a pretty good outfit too, he was in a lot of photos from the 2004 San Diego Comic Con. If you look for some of those you're bound to see him eventually.

I swear, though, making the boots to go with this outfit is the biggest pain in the butt ever. I'd appreciate any tips from anyone on making that process easier or better-working. I've done two pairs now and they both stink. :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.