main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke does what?!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Ye-Intruders-Beware, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mexican_Clone

Mexican_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Luke is a crazy kid. Why, oh why does he do the crazy things he does? Only one man can answer that: Lucas. But lucas doesn't really care enough to to put too much thought into...and so...neither should we. Luke's plot is lame. Luke kills the guards. Taun We is sweet. We could argue all day about these things when we should be scoring with girls.

2. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Master Salty will find an icon he likes best one day! ;)

3. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    [face_laugh]

We'll see. Hopefully, one will strike my interest and that will be the end of it.

As far as the plan goes, it may be lame, but it accomplished its goal in the course of the movie.

4. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    As far as the plan goes, it may be lame, but it accomplished its goal in the course of the movie.

I guess that's all you can expect from a Wookiee, a princess turned Rebel, a gambler, and a wannabe Jedi. ;) :D

5. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
  6. Ye-Intruders-Beware

Ye-Intruders-Beware Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
  7. renx215

renx215 Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2002
    Does anybody wonder why Boba fett did not notice Lando? He did spend some time camped out on bespin, and also Lando was the only person of his particular racial ethnicticty I recall seeeing in the OT.

8. Ye-Intruders-Beware

May 28, 2002
    LOL! I never thought about that, but this is further proof that Lucas did not know what the heck he was writting. In Empire, Boba was on Cloud City and was in close contact with Lando at all times! And yet when Lando goes to jabba, Boba seems to have forgotten about this man. Was he thinking to himself: "Hmmm, that kinda looks like the guy who was shooting at me at the docking bay...but, i better not ask him lest i offend him..."
    Anyone else wanna defend Luke's pointless plan?

9. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    Lucas bashers. Gotta love them. Boba Fett was flying away. I'm sure he wasn't looking to see who was shooting at him from such a great distance. Oh Lando didn't shoot at him. Only Leia and Chewie had blasters at that time. Go watch the scene if you need confirmation.

Lando had a helmet on the whole time. If they didn't design that seen where he lifted down his helmet enough for the crowd to regonize him, a lot of people wouldn't of figured it out. And I don't think Boba Fett is smart enough to figure that out. Especially since he got knocked in the Sarlacc Pit by a half bind Han Solo.

10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Lando was wearing a mask with teeth, so that must have fooled Boba. It's like those Shakespeare plays where a character disguises themselves as someone of the opposite sex and no one recognizes them anymore. You just have to accept it ;)

11. Ye-Intruders-Beware

May 28, 2002
    You fell into my trap geekazoid.
    You remember that scene pretty good...so what makes you think that Boba Fett wouldnt remember Lando pretty good?
    So maybe Lando wasnt shooting at him. The point is that Boba was with Lando alot during his stay at bespin. Lando and Boba were top hench men for jabba. You're telling me that lando and boba never took their helmets off? You're telling me Lando kept his helmet on for weeks at end? think about it. nobody knew who lando was, why wouldnt he take it off once in a while. and dont give me that crap about boba not being able to recongize him even when he was in the mask, luke had no trouble recongizing him.

the point still remains: Lucas shmookus.

12. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Can you not call other posters childish names, please?

The fans have several advantages on Boba Fett as far as recognizing Lando. The first one is they've seen the films repeatedly. The second is they saw Lando take his mask off.

It's pretty hard to recognize someone you've only seen once before when they're wearing a helmet and mask.

13. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    Ye-Intruders-Beware, I think Lando was smart enough to never take his helmet off in front of Boba Fett. Give Lando more credit. In fact, give Lucas more credit. Boba ain't the brightest apple on the tree.

14. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    If you don't like the plan, don't watch that part of the movie. I suggest you watch your step. Insulting people is a quick way out of here.

15. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    It's obvious to me that either (a) Boba didn't recognize Lando in the getup or (b) he didn't care. After all, Leia's part of the plan failed pretty soon after she started it. Seems pretty logical to me that Boba did not recognize her and squealed to Bib. That allowed Jabba to set her up and she failed.

Boba may not be the "brightest apple on the tree," but he does know what side his bread is buttered. How's that for mixing metaphors?!

16. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    One thing I noticed about Boba Fett is that he wasn't smart enough to blast both Han and Chewie before trying to shoot Luke. That was Fett's big mistake. That's why I said he wasn't the brightest apple on the tree.

17. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "dont give me that crap about boba not being able to recongize him even when he was in the mask, luke had no trouble recongizing him."

Perhaps that's because Luke sent him there!!

Jeez-Louise, man. Think!

18. Proto_Luke

Proto_Luke Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2003
    This is interesting. I just watched ROTJ today. And after reading this thread I have a few things to contribute.

Leia must not have known about Luke's ultimate plan to come in a save the day, because she tells Han that she has to get him out of Jabba's palace. Meaning, that if she succeeded Chewie would have been left to be BBQ'd by Jabba. So Chewbacca was the sacrificial lamb if the Leia tangent had worked.

C3PO didn't even know about Leia's tangent in the plan because when he Leia bring Chewie in to collect the bounty he said, "Oh no, Chewbach!"

Lando didn't do anything. He didn't secure a way for Luke, Leia or Chewie to get in undetected, or with some other motive. He just left them to their own wares for entering the palace. I think he got a little too adjusted to the thug life and forgot why he was in Jabba's palace. :)

Luke's entire plan rested on them getting captured and taken to the Sarlac pit. He didn't foresee the Rancor beast. If he sent Leia in he had no contingency for Chewie. Lando was remembering his days as a gambling thug...etc. :)

I just find it funny. I could have imagined the scenes leading to Luke's plan.

SCENE I--Dark dusky room.
    Luke, Lando, Leia, Chewbacca are in a room sitting around a dimly lit table.

LUKE: I have a plan to rescue Han. Lando, go infiltrate Jabba's palace. Do whatever it takes to become part of his circle. Leia, take Chewie in as bounty and try to get Han out. Chewie. You're the bait. We need you to act like Leia's bounty so she can rescue Han after they've put you in a cell.

Lando, Leia, and Chewie: What about you Luke?

Luke:(with devilish grin): I've got it all figured out. R2, you and 3PO leave the room, but before you go take my lightsaber and hide it in your dome.

Leia: Why are you hiding it in R2? What if the droid sentry decides to disintegrate him because of his foul-beeps?

Luke:(devilish grin again): I've got it figured. It's all cool.

FADE OUT.
    END SCENE I.

With how the scene turned out I think a scene like above wouldn't be too far fetched.

Anyways, Luke's plan was funny. But that's okay because Proto_Luke is real.

19. Ren-Outlander

Ren-Outlander Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    yes, this is all true. but, lets get to the bigger picture at hand...

-Tatooine-Outside Bar-

Obi-Wan tosses the body of Owen on the ground next to a well. He then gets water out and dumps it over his body. Owen still remains unconscious. Obi-Wan is flabbergasted.

Obi-Wan: What the---

He pours some more. Then checks to see if he is still alive, he is not. Obi-Wan quickly does CPR (or the star wars version of CPR). Owen gasps for air.

Owen: AAHH!!! Beru Lars!
    Obi-Wan: Its ok, you are not dead.
    Owen: Dead? I was dead!? No! Why! Oh why is this happening to me?!

Owen looks to Obi-Wan.

Owen: Ani?
    Obi-Wan: What? What the heck? Don?t even say that name around me again!
    Owen: Oh, sorry?who are you by the way?
    Obi-Wan: I am General Obi-Wan Kenobi. I am here seeking the Hutt gangster Jabba the Hutt.
    Owen: Uh?I c?can?I can?t?I cannot?. Cannot! I cannot help you!
    Obi-Wan: Come on man! I haven?t got much time! I need to find this>

Obi-Wan quickly waves his hand over Owens face (doing the mind trick).

Owen: Ok, I?ll take you to Jabba.
    Obi-Wan: Owen Loors, your help will be>
    Owen: Loors? It?s Lars!
    Obi-Wan: What the-----

read the rest...go to the link people. are you frightened?

20. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    The things we do in our spare time. Think of the back stories of what happened before we saw the scenes. The thing we should realize that Luke probably knew it wasn't a sure thing, but was going to give all he had. The thing we must remember is that the plan worked. That is what we should keep in mind.

21. Mexican_Clone

Mexican_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Ren, your script is awesome!
    Proto_Luke...real?

22. Ye-Intruders-Beware

May 28, 2002
    What? Script? Its not even OT!

23. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999