main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke is so stoopid!..i mean...stupid ((ROTJ))

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by SpiKe_The_Smuggler, Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpiKe_The_Smuggler

SpiKe_The_Smuggler Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2003
    If Luke is jedi...and used "the Force" why does he just amaze the hell out of the ewoks ((lifting c3po up))...couldn't he just have used his "jedi powers" to untie the ropes...or eve a little better...lift Han out of his roasting posittion...

also....

why where the little ewoks gonna roast Hans butt off with his blaster stillin his holster??? and his clothes on??....dumb little teddy bears..

((major dislikeness for ewoks...big probems come in small packages...))

2. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    In the case of untying the ropes, I don't think Luke had that skill yet. Remember how surprised he was when Papatine unlocked his binders with the force?

3. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Luke was trying to establish an alliance with the Ewoks. He already knew they worshipped C3PO so he used the Force through him. He couldn't reveal too much of his powers or be too aggressive because that might have scared the Ewoks off.

4. SpiKe_The_Smuggler

Jul 3, 2003
    i like the first persons reply...but the second one....sorry

5. Errant_Vampire

Errant_Vampire Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2003
    I think he wanted the Ewoks to worship someone who they already had a bond with, either Leia or Threepio. It would make manipulation to be much easier and less time consuming.

I'm sure if it came down to freeing their hands or Han's blaster, he would have done it.

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Using Threepio to convince the Ewoks to untie them was more "diplomatic" than just straight up escaping.

7. swamp_ophelia

swamp_ophelia Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2003
    Luke was 1,000 feet up in a tree. Where was he going to escape to? I suppose he could have just run until he found some stairs, hacking his way through the Ewoks as he went, but killing fluffy little teddy bears isn't very Jedi-like. Jedi only kill ugly things, like Rancors. 8-}

8. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    you have to be PC for those deathly afraid of Furbies. ewoks and furbies are alike.

9. Bloody_Mara

Bloody_Mara Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2003
    Using Threepio to convince the Ewoks to untie them was more "diplomatic" than just straight up escaping.

Exactly. That was the Jedi solution. Luke wanted to avoid fighting his way out any way he could. It's a matter of character.

10. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    SpiKe: Actually, Latorski´s reply was more Star Warsy. You should consider it.

11. StarWarsFanNZ

StarWarsFanNZ Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2003
    Another reason why Luke was stupid in ROTJ is when Palpatine was using those electric bolts on him, Luke could have defelected them if he didn't throw away his lightsaber, remember when Obi-Wan deflected Dooku's energy bolts with his lightsaber in AOTC

12. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    When daddy was wounded, why didn't he float the old man down the hallway?

13. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    StarWarsFanNZ: First of all, Luke wasn´t in AOTC to witness what Obi-Wan did.
    Second, the whole point with Luke throwing away his weapon to renounce the dark side and redeem his father would´ve gotten lost.

14. Bloody_Mara

Aug 21, 2003

Maybe using the Force on a living being is different from using it on an inanimate object? Living things actually generate the Force, while Threepio just exists in it.

15. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002

Palpatine was far to powerful for him

And after Palpatine had attacked Luke he was weakened greatly by 4-5 minutes of torture

16. Bloody_Mara

Aug 21, 2003
    Wait a minute... I thought we were talking about Luke getting his father to the shuttle? ?[face_plain]

17. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    He lifted 3po because it's humorous and it would annoy Han. And he knew Han would hate him for it too. Han does despise droids, ya know....

18. WMCoolmon

WMCoolmon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    We are; maybe you need to get your ocular implants checked. :p

And after Palpatine had attacked Luke he was weakened greatly by 4-5 minutes of torture

19. Bloody_Mara

Aug 21, 2003
    Bah! You crazy kids and your ambiguous use of pronouns. :p

20. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Luke is not stupid. Diplomatic but not stupid.

You can't gather an army if you blast the Ewoks. (No matter how much you want to watch them fry)

Luke was smart and used hid Jedi intuition. It took genius to realize that the rebelion could befriend them.

21. The___

The___ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    "why where the little ewoks gonna roast Hans butt off with his blaster stillin his holster??? and his clothes on??...."

Psh. You just wanted to see Han naked. And unarmed.

22. SpiKe_The_Smuggler

Jul 3, 2003
    so...whats wong with han being unarmed?...i mean..like...err...the little ewoks would choke on tha leather...and that european v-neck shirt..i mean youwant them to choke and DIE! thats harsh!...but then again...i hate ewoks....so...um...yeah...im calling the ASCP on you! you crule little ((censored))...j/k....you aren't a ((censored))

23. Lyssa_Skywalker

Lyssa_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2003
    Luke is not stupid....

24. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    i get used to the new colors, AND BAM, back to the old ones

25. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    And why didn't they kill them before putting them up over the fire. I'd have done it if it were my barbeque. Also they should atleast have flayed Chewie, hair is a light burner you see; if he had caught fire and then "wooosh". And the smell of burnt hair. If you want him flamed you'd just have to use the old bottle of whiskey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.