main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke/Jacen/LOTF Idea on what LOTF might have meant for FOTJ

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Jedi_LS, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Jedi_LS

Master_Jedi_LS Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2009
    It occurred to me that LOTF might be just a stepping stone for FOTJ? For instance Jacen was made out to be somewhat of a chump especially when it came to Luke whooping up on him all the time (which I didn?t mind). Could it be that whatever threat Jacen awoke on his 5 year Journey is more powerful then him?? If so they would need to show that Luke Skywalker was far beyond Jacen in Force powers in order for it to be feasible for Luke to stop whatever is in FOTJ. So it would suck if they just used Jacen and Mara to help out the story in FOTJ. I could just be thinking retarded who knows.

2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I do think that Jacen was infected by this unknown threat during his five year journey, and that he was strong enough to resist being controlled by it, but it's influenece did lead him to become Darth Caedus. I also think that the other Jedi are being completely controlled by the threat, and so that establishes them as weaker than Jacen.

3. MasterKenobi1138

MasterKenobi1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2008
    The mysterious Force threat could definitely explain his character/personality shift from TUF to DN. :p

But on a more serious note, the threat could be on the level of Waru or the Yuuzhan Vong, in that the very existence of the Force is at risk (either by consumption of a malevolent entity or pure negation by those "outside" the energy field). If nothing else, it ought to be interesting to see how the Jedi treat their perceptions and actions in light of this new danger.

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Maybe it IS the return of Waru! ;) Stranger things have happened...

5. spicewood

spicewood Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2007
    Okay, that's it. I am buying The Crystal Star tonight. I can't take reading another Waru joke without knowing why it's so terrible. It's become the accident on the side of the road for me. I know I shouldn't look, but can't help myself.

Anyway, interesting speculation for FOTJ. I just hope they don't sweep Jacen under the rug for the next series, especially not his 5 year sojourn. I want to know at least some of what happened.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Don't do it!!!

7. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    On the one hand, I wouldn't mind seeing them develop Jacen's journey in an interesting way. On the other, I don't want them to retcon his entire story in LotF as being nothing more than setup for the "real" threat.

8. Eewoco

Eewoco Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2007
    I agree with all that, but I also don't want it retconned that he wasn't responsible for his own fall either.

9. Darth_Monopoly

Darth_Monopoly Jedi Master star 2

Jun 6, 2006
    Seconded. Or is it thirded? Whatever. I agree.

As for Waru.........who wouldn't want to see Allston's take on this thing?

10. GoA

GoA Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2007
    Agree completely with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.