Saga Luke Kenobi (OT AU, L/M, H/L,)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Skywalker_T-65, Feb 10, 2013.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Skywalker_T-65 Chosen One

star 6
    And thus I start another story. I must be kriffing crazy, but this idea latched on and wouldn't let go. I know people have written 'Obi-Wan raises Luke' stories before, but I wanted to try my hand at it. So lets see how this goes ;)

Characters: Luke, Obi-Wan, Leia, Han, Mara, Vader, and the rest of the OT cast
    Summary: Obi-Wan decides that leaving Luke with the Lars family will not help his friend's son. So he takes matters into his own hands, and raises Luke...hoping to give him the childhood his father never had.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was a broken man. The Jedi Master had once been one of the brightest lights in the Galaxy, but now, that light had dimmed. He had witnessed the destruction of all he held dear, seen the ruin of the Jedi Temple firsthand. Watched as countless Jedi were slaughtered, right down to the younglings, and been forced to fight his best friend to the death.

Even now, as he sat in the cockpit of his appropriated starfighter, Obi-Wan could not get the images of that fateful duel out of his mind. Of how the…abomination…wearing Anakin’s face fought him. How it yelled at him, tried to kill him, and perverted everything that Anakin had stood for. How it had choked Padme, something that the Anakin that Obi-Wan had known would never do.

And the eyes…Anakin’s blue eyes that had always held such kindness and hope, turned into acid yellow pits of hatred. Some cultures claimed the eyes were the window into the soul…and if so, Obi-Wan could safely say there was nothing left of his former Padawan. The eyes he had stared into during that duel were the eyes of a monster, not a caring Jedi…no…a caring man.

But, Obi-Wan pushed those memories to the back of his mind. It did not do to dwell on the past. There had been nothing he could do for Anakin, but a small cry reminded him of what he could do. Sitting in the Jedi’s lap was a small bundle, with an even smaller hand reaching out and clutching at the Jedi’s robes.

Obi-Wan smiled slightly, as he reached his own hand down and felt the tiny hand grip it with surprising strength. Obi-Wan used his other hand to gently move a bit of fabric aside, revealing the face of a newborn baby, its half-open eyes staring up at him.

“I see you are awake Luke,” Obi-Wan said softly, his smile getting a little wider when the baby gurgled back at him, “I guess all my moping must have woken you up.”

The baby, Luke, just stared up at Obi-Wan, with painfully familiar blue eyes. Obi-Wan had to force his smile a little when he looked into those eyes, as it was like looking into a mirror. A mirror that showed
    Anakin, before he had been lost to the Dark Side…and the Sith.

But Obi-Wan was distracted as Luke started to tug on his robe again. The baby was making unfamiliar noises, but the Jedi Master could make a good guess what he wanted. Not letting go of Luke’s hand, Obi-Wan levitated a bottle from where he had placed it before jumping into hyperspace.

With his free hand, Obi-Wan lightly shook the bottle before beginning to feed Luke. The baby drank happily from the bottle, but not once did his half-open eyes leave Obi-Wan.

It hurt a little to look at those eyes, as they symbolized everything that Obi-Wan had lost. But by the same token, those blue eyes reminded him of the good times he had with Anakin. Before the Clone Wars, before everything had gone so wrong, before he had lost his friend. And Obi-Wan knew that he wouldn’t see Luke much, as Yoda had made it quite clear that Luke should be raised by the Lars family.

“Oh Luke…I am going to miss you,” Obi-Wan said softly, as Luke’s eyes began to droop even more.

Removing the bottle from the baby’s mouth, Obi-Wan adjusted the bundle so that Luke was more comfortable. The baby looked up at the Jedi one final time, before his eyes closed and he fell back asleep.

Obi-Wan watched Luke sleep as the blue lines of hyperspace illuminated the cockpit of the starfighter. While the eyes were Anakin’s, Obi-Wan could see parts of Padme in the sleeping baby. His nose for instance owed far more to his mother, along with the shape of the eyes. Obi-Wan felt another tear forming, thinking about how Padme had died. And he knew…he knew that she had wanted him to raise Luke and Leia.

But Yoda was right, and the twins had to be kept apart for their own safety. And Luke needed a family, something that Obi-Wan could never give him. And yet…part of Obi-Wan still wanted to honor the memory of Anakin and Padme. Leaning back somewhat, Obi-Wan opened himself to the currents of
    the Force.

It was riddled in darkness, but the light he was able to reach still opened itself to his touch. Flowing along the currents of the Force, Obi-Wan saw Luke grow up into a fine young man. Yet…he did not seem happy. This older Luke was too much like his father to be happy on Tatooine. And there was so much darkness in this future…it made Obi-Wan open his eyes to what needed to be done.

I am sorry Master Yoda. But Luke needs more help and guidance than the Lars’ can give him…

His mind set on a new goal, Obi-Wan dropped the fighter out of hyperspace, and angled it to a new destination. He wasn’t sure where he would go, but he was going to give Luke the childhood that Anakin had never had. He would do that for his brother, and nothing would stop the Jedi Master.

(AN: Just let me know if you want to be tagged or not...and if I should continue this or not)
  2. Valairy Scot Chosen One

star 6
    Ahh, tag me (so many stories fall out of sight too quickly). There's always been some connection between Luke and Obi-Wan -due, perhaps, to Mark Hamill rather looking up and being somewhat in awe of Alec Guinness. And it just resonates anyway, this bright and beautiful connection coming from such a tragic severed connection.
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  3. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 7
    Please do continue this. It's a :cool: premise. =D=
  4. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
    Tag me as well. this is an interesting twist. Usually it onvolves the Lars dying somehow before Obi-wan takes Luke, but now, as a child.....

I would like to see where this goes.
  5. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd love to read more also. Please tag me.
  6. Jedi_Liz Chosen One

star 6
    hmm, I wonder where he will be raised if not Tatooine? Tag me as I like Luke not raised by a jerk uncle owen....
  7. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm in! I've actually only read fics where Obi-wan raises Luke after something has happened to Owen and Beru so this will be an interesting change of pace for me.
  8. Skywalker_T-65 Chosen One

star 6
    I apologize beforehand for the shortness of this update. That being said, I'm pleasantly surprised by the interest it has gotten.

Valairy Scot: I have always felt that way too. There is just a wonderful connection between Luke and Obi-Wan, and I am trying to capture that in this fic. Hopefully that goes well.

Jade_Eyes: Thank you for reading. It is nice to see someone enjoying the fic.

Kiryan: The majority I have seen are that way too. I honestly thought someone had written a story like this before, so I'm somewhat surprised that it doesn't seem to be the case.

Hazel: Ask and you shalt receive ;)

Jedi_Liz: I wouldn't call Owen a jerk...strict maybe, but he was trying his best. That being said, I do agree that Luke is better off being raised by Obi-Wan, and taking the prequels into account makes one wish that had been the case.

ginchy: Glad you like it.

And here we go:

Chapter 2

Sometime later, the blue tunnel of hyperspace once again faded away. Obi-Wan opened his eyes from the meditate state he had been in before, and took in the view outside the cockpit. As always, there was an expansive starfield, the burning balls of gas twinkling in the ‘sky’ surrounding the fighter. It was a beautiful and eternally innocent vista, one that most Jedi (Obi-Wan included) never tired of seeing. The war had made the stars seem like just another battle waiting over the horizon, and it had been years since the Jedi Master had been able to just enjoy looking at the stars.

“Luke, look around. It’s beautiful isn’t it?” Obi-Wan asked, as the baby in his lap stared at all the stars.

Obi-Wan knew from his short time with Qui-Gon after finding Anakin that the then-young boy had loved stargazing, claiming that he would one day visit all the stars in the Tatooine night sky. If Luke was anything like his dead father, then he would certainly share his love for the stars. And it seemed like Obi-Wan had been correct, as Luke stared at the starfield, his little face scrunched up as it tilted from side to side, looking at all the stars in their line of sight.

Obi-Wan smiled slightly, as he began to angle the starfighter towards its destination. A blue-brown world floated into view, quickly eclipsing the stars. The world only had a few small freighters flying to and from it, no Repu…Imperial…warships were in orbit. Obi-Wan was thankful for that, as it confirmed that Dantooine was as isolated as he had been expecting.

After getting permission to land, Obi-Wan set his fighter down outside the town of Khoonda. After powering down the spacecraft, Obi-Wan carefully exited the vehicle, carrying Luke in his arms. He had opted for an average tunic, and his lightsaber was carefully hidden away. Even on a world as isolated as Dantooine, Obi-Wan didn’t want to draw unwanted attention onto himself.

Nodding his head respectfully at various people, Obi-Wan walked towards the administrative building. As he entered the building, he was greeted by a female secretary who stared at Luke.

“Aww…that is such a sweet baby. Is he yours sir?” the secretary asked, grinning at the sleepy baby.

Obi-Wan smiled back sadly, “Thank you miss, but no he is not my child. His parents died during the war, and now I am raising him.”

That got a look of sympathy from the women, “I am so sorry sir. Dantooine wasn’t hurt much by the war, but so many families were torn apart…anyway, I don’t want to drag up the memories. I am Naverra Daltross, the secretary for Ms. Marane the Governor of Dantooine. How can I help you today?”

“I am Ben Kenobi, and this is Luke. I’m here to sell my starfighter and buy a farm so that I can raise Luke in peace,” Obi-Wan replied.

Daltross nodded and marked that information down on a datapad, “You do not need to see the Governor for that Mr. Kenobi. However, I can direct you to a shop that will purchase your fighter, and you can see Mr. Sarth about buying a farm. Here is a set of directions, and I hope it goes well for you.”

Obi-Wan walked forward and took a datapad from the secretary. He gave another weak smile, more for her benefit than his, and began to leave the building. Before he could though, she called out to him.

“If you ever need help Mr. Kenobi, just stop by. Dantooine is a friendly world, and we do our best to help new settlers,” Daltross said, moving a stray lock of brown hair out of her face.

Obi-Wan nodded, “Thank you Ms. Daltross. I am grateful for any help you can offer.”

And with that, Obi-Wan left the building and set about selling the fighter he had taken from Grevious. He would have no need for it, and it was better to spend whatever money he got from the sale on a new home for Luke. And he would do anything for Luke.

@Valairy Scot , @Hazel , @Jade_eyes , @Darth_Kiryan , @Jedi_Liz , @ginchy
  9. Valairy Scot Chosen One

star 6
    A new start...and a new ('nuther) woman possibly interested in our Obi-Wan?
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
    You know, you would think that Obi-wan's 'Kenobi' name would be recognisable.....
  11. Skywalker_T-65 Chosen One

star 6
    One would think so, but he got by on Tatooine with Ben Kenobi, sooo... :p
  12. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    This sounds like a good new start. Lets hope Obi-Wan manages his role as a father-figure well.
  13. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 7
    Great choice for a new home I think. :) It's not so isolated that a new arrival arouses way too much curiosity but it's not in the thick of Imperial activity.
  14. Jedi_Liz Chosen One

star 6
    hopefully Dantooine is isolated enough that the name Kenobi won't grab any suspicions from unwanted eyes.
  15. mavjade It's so FLUFFY Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Great beginning!

I love that he (or I guess rather you) chose Dantooine instead, I think it will make for a more interesting planet.

I look forward to reading more of this! Would you mind PMing or tagging me when you update?
  16. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    I liked this update. Obi-wan is committed to raising Luke right. [face_love]
  17. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Interesting start. Can you tag me. I want to see where this goes. Thanks!
  18. Blue Ice Cream Force Ghost

star 5
    Hi there Skywalker_T-65. :) An interesting premise. I've often thought about what would happen if Obi-Wan blatantly disobeyed Yoda. Plus, it's an OT AU, my favorite genre of fanfic.

The first installment was well crafted, especially the recollections of Mustafar. As for chapter two, the 'stargazing' scene was a perfect touch. Luke's fascination with the cosmos mirrors the scene from TPM well.

Nice job. =D= Please tag me if that's possible. Looking forward to more.
  19. Skywalker_T-65 Chosen One

star 6
    Whoa...I don't think I've ever had this many readers on this site. Glad to see how much interest this fic is getting! I have to warn you all though, I'm writing this when I have time, so the updates are going to come when I get the chapters done, not according to any schedule. Then again, that is what the tag system is for. ;)

Valairy Scot: New start yes, new love... maybe, maybe not...[face_whistling]

Jade_Eyes: There is a reason the Rebel's chose Dantooine after all. Glad to know it is a realistic choice though.

Kiryan: Already answered this one, but one would think that if going by 'Ben Kenobi' worked on Tatooine, it should work on Dantooine. That being said, he isn't going to go drawing attention to it. Sometimes one HAS to give a surname though.

Hazel: It won't be easy, that's for sure. :p

Jedi_Liz: We'll see on that end.

ginchy: Say what you will about Obi-Wan, but he will do everything he can for Luke.

mavjade: Tag ahoy :p

epithree: Glad to know you liked it. I hope I continue to keep that up.

After selling the fighter (and he wasn’t sorry to see it go, considering who had built it), Obi-Wan walked to the shop Daltross had given him directions to. His pockets were full of credits from the sale, and he was hoping it was enough to at least get a farm set up. This wasn’t Tatooine, and he wasn’t going to be alone.

Adjusting Luke in his arms, Obi-Wan entered the somewhat run-down shop. Standing in the back was a tall Rodian male, who appeared to be organizing some files. When the chime above the door rang, the green skinned man turned his head, and his mouth crooked up in his species version of a smile.

“{Welcome to Sarth’s Real Estate. Are you here to purchase a farm?}” the Rodian asked in Huttese.

Obi-Wan nodded, “Yes, I was directed here by Ms. Daltross. I need to purchase a small farm for myself and young Luke here.”

Sarth nodded, “{Ahh, Naverra. She knows where to direct customers. Come on up to the counter and I’ll see what is open right now.}”

Obi-Wan walked up to the counter, and carefully sat Luke down. He would need both arms for this, though he kept a very close eye on the newborn. Sarth seemed to notice this, if the chuckle he let out was any indication.

“{Quite the concerned parent aren’t we Mr…}” the Rodian said, before trailing off at not knowing Obi-Wan’s name.

“Kenobi, Ben Kenobi,” Obi-Wan replied, “No relation to that Jedi Master. Quite thankful about that too, after what happened to him.”

Sarth nodded sagely, “{Cannot say I blame you there Mr. Kenobi. Being related to a Jedi is bad poo-doo these days eh? Anyway, do you have a specific location in mind for your farm?}”

“Yes, I would like one on the outskirts of Khoonda. I am the only one raising Luke, and it would be helpful to have a city within easy reach.”

“{Let me see here…we have two farms open right now, the owners left for Coruscant during the war. They're in a bit of a state of disrepair however.}”

“That isn’t a problem. I know my way around tools.”

Sarth grinned again, “{Good to hear Mr. Kenobi. This farm, the Savara Estate, is the one in better condition but it isn’t cheap. 50,000 credits is what I have to ask for it.}”

Obi-Wan let out an almost inaudible wince at that. The fighter had only netted him 60,000 creds, so this would nearly bankrupt him. But he had to do it, so he reached into his trousers pockets and pulled out the requisite amount of credits.

Sarth counted the currency out, nodding at each milestone. Once the Rodian was satisfied that all the money was there, he motioned towards a back room.

“{Come into the office Mr. Kenobi, we have some paperwork to fill out. Once that is done, the farm will be yours.}”

Obi-Wan nodded again, and picked a dozing Luke back up. Cradling the baby, the Jedi followed the shop owner to his office. After sitting down in one of the chairs, Obi-Wan was handed a datapad.

“{Just fill out the application and the farm will be yours Mr. Kenobi,” Sarth said, as he leaned back in his own chair.

After a few minutes of work (and reading every bit of the fine-print, sometimes triple-reading it), Obi-Wan finished and handed the datapad back to the Rodian. Sarth nodded his green head after reading the ‘pad, and stood up to shake Obi-Wan’s hand.

“{Welcome to Dantooine Mister Kenobi. I’ll have a speeder take you to your new farm so you know the way there,}” Sarth said.

“That isn’t necessary,” Obi-Wan replied, “I can find my own way easily enough.”

Sarth shook his head, “{I do this for all my customers Mr. Kenobi.}”

Obi-Wan wasn’t going to argue the point, so he just smiled slightly and stood outside the shop. After a few minutes, an airspeeder pulled up to the door. The driver opened the door, and let Obi-Wan step inside. The Jedi was careful to not jostle Luke, or his hidden lightsabers, too much as he sat down. After the door was closed, the speeder set out for the farm. Once it left Khoonda, the speeder drove through open fields, with only scattered farms. Dantooine was a sparsely popular world, and it showed.

After a short journey, the speeder pulled up to a medium sized farm. Obi-Wan thanked the driver, and walked up to the door. He used the key Sarth’s driver had provided him with, and opened the door. As he stepped inside the farm, Obi-Wan saw that it was still furnished to a certain extent. Setting his small sack of belongings down, Obi-Wan walked through the building. It seemed to be structurally sound, even if some work did need to be done.

Once he reached the master bedroom, Obi-Wan sat down on the old bed, and laid Luke down next to him. The baby was groggy, but still somewhat alert. Obi-Wan brushed a little tuft of blonde hair on the baby’s head, before looking around the room.

“Well Luke, this is home now. Admittedly it needs some work, but at least we have it,” Obi-Wan said with a small sigh, “Now, get some sleep while I check what supplies we have. I wouldn’t want to exhaust you after all.”

With a small smile, Obi-Wan rubbed his smooth chin as he thought about what to do with Luke. While the baby needed sleep, Obi-Wan wasn’t about to leave him alone.So he carefully picked Luke back up, and did what he had seen the Creche Masters do back on Coruscant. He slowly rocked Luke, while murmuring softly.The baby's head nodded a few times, before he fell back asleep. Smiling again, Obi-Wan began to look more thoroughly thorough his new home....hopefully the previous owners had left some more stuff behind...

@Hazel , @Jedi_Liz , @mavjade , @epithree , @Darth_Kiryan , @Jedi_Lover , @Jade_eyes , @ginchy , @Valairy Scot
  20. Valairy Scot Chosen One

star 6
    Obi-Wan with a baby - happy sigh. What's Obi-Wan going to do, though, for credits? Luke is going to need milk and we know Obi-Wan cannot supply any.
    Jedi_Liz and Jade_eyes like this.
  21. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 7
    LOL I agree with Val ;) Glad they have a nice place to stay though :D
  22. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Daddy-Obi is so cute! :) I'm really looking forward to more.
  23. Jedi_Liz Chosen One

star 6
    Hmm, I also want to know how he intends to earn credits. The remainder of his credits will eventualy deplete.

And Luke is eventually going to need clothes, in addition to milk and diapers.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk HD
  24. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    I like that they have a home to stay and Luke will still be a Farmboy. These crops might be somewhat easier to harvest!
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  25. Blue Ice Cream Force Ghost

star 5
    That was a cool chapter. It's good to know Obi-Wan is fluent in Huttese. Hopefully, he can find a way to make some credits. Thanks so much for the tag.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade