main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Luke Kenobi (OT AU, L/M, H/L,)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Skywalker_T-65, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    And thus I start another story. I must be kriffing crazy, but this idea latched on and wouldn't let go. I know people have written 'Obi-Wan raises Luke' stories before, but I wanted to try my hand at it. So lets see how this goes ;)

Characters: Luke, Obi-Wan, Leia, Han, Mara, Vader, and the rest of the OT cast
    Summary: Obi-Wan decides that leaving Luke with the Lars family will not help his friend's son. So he takes matters into his own hands, and raises Luke...hoping to give him the childhood his father never had.

Chapter 1:

How did it all come to this? Where did we...where did I go wrong? How did I not see the signs? Anakin...

Obi-Wan Kenobi was a broken man.

No, not in the sense that he was unable to move forward or his physical body. Yet, the Jedi Master had once been one of the brightest lights in the Galaxy. A hero of the Republic and the Order, a man they called the ‘Negotiator’ for his ability to end conflicts without bloodshed. A hero...was that what he was? The Master had always considered himself to just be doing his duty. But then...none of that mattered now, because he had witnessed the destruction of all he held dear. Obi-Wan had seen the ruin of the Jedi Temple firsthand. Watched as countless Jedi were slaughtered, right down to the younglings and Padawans who could hardly be blamed for whatever crime the rest of the Order had been accused of.

And of course...he had been forced to fight the one person he had never thought he would fight.

Even now, as he sat in the cockpit of his appropriated starfighter, Obi-Wan could not get the images of that fateful duel out of his mind. Of how the…twisted monster…wearing Anakin’s face fought him. How it yelled at him. How it tried to kill him and had perverted everything that Anakin stood for. The monster wearing his friend’s face had choked Padme with the Force. Something that the Anakin that Obi-Wan had known would never do. An action that Obi-Wan hadn’t thought he even knew how to do.

More than even that though...his eyes. Anakin’s blue eyes that had always held such kindness and hope, turned into acid yellow pits of hatred. Some cultures claimed the eyes were the window into the soul. And if so, Obi-Wan could safely say there was nothing left of his former Padawan. The eyes he had stared into during that duel were the eyes of a monster, not a caring Jedi…no…a caring man and future father.

Sighing softly, Obi-Wan pushed those memories to the back of his mind. It would not do to dwell on the past. There had been nothing he could do for Anakin, but a small cry reminded him of what he could do. Sitting in the Jedi’s lap was a small bundle, with an even smaller hand reaching out and clutching at the Jedi’s robes.

Obi-Wan smiled slightly, as he reached his own hand down and felt the tiny hand grip it with surprising strength. Using his other hand, he gently moved a bit of fabric aside, revealing the face of a newborn baby. A baby that had half-open eyes staring up at him.

“I see you are awake Luke,” Obi-Wan said softly, his smile getting a little wider when the baby gurgled back at him. “I guess all my moping must have woken you up.”

The baby, Luke, just stared up at Obi-Wan, with painfully familiar blue eyes. Obi-Wan had to force his smile a little when he looked into those eyes. For it was almost like looking into a mirror. A mirror that showed Anakin before he had been lost to the Dark Side…and to the Sith.

Oh Anakin...where did I fail you? We were brothers and I thought we told each other everything.

Did they truly tell each other everything though? Obi-Wan had never told Anakin about Siri, the memories far too painful to think about, leave alone discuss. Was it any surprise that...

A tug on his robe tore Obi-Wan from those thoughts, as Luke continued to weakly grip the rough cotton. The baby was making unfamiliar noises, but the Jedi Master could make a good guess what he wanted. His small smile was a little bit less forced as Obi-Wan levitated a bottle from where he had placed it before jumping into hyperspace.

With his free hand, Obi-Wan lightly shook the bottle before beginning to feed Luke. The baby drank happily from the bottle...yet not once did his half-open eyes leave Obi-Wan.

It hurt a little to look at those eyes, as they symbolized everything that Obi-Wan had lost. By the same token though, those blue eyes reminded him of the good times he had with Anakin. Before the Clone Wars and before everything had gone so wrong. The happy times before he had lost his friend to the darkness. Even so, the memories were going to remain just that. Memories. For Obi-Wan knew he was going to rarely see Luke once they reached Tatooine.

“Oh Luke…I am going to miss you.” Obi-Wan softly spoke, as Luke’s eyes began to droop even more.

Removing the bottle from the baby’s mouth, Obi-Wan adjusted the bundle so that Luke was more comfortable. The baby looked up at the Jedi one final time before his eyes fell and he drifted back asleep.

Obi-Wan watched Luke sleep as the blue lines of hyperspace illuminated the cockpit of the starfighter. While the eyes were Anakin’s, Obi-Wan could see parts of Padme in the sleeping baby. His nose for instance owed far more to his mother along with the shape of his cheeks. Obi-Wan felt another tear forming, thinking about how Padme had died. And he knew…despite her never once saying it, he knew that Padme had wanted him to raise her children.

He had never been as close to her as Anakin, but they were close friends nonetheless. Part of him imagined that, if the situation had been any different, he might have been Luke and Leia’s godfather.

Yoda was right though. The twins had to be kept apart for their own safety. More importantly...Luke needed a family and that was something that Obi-Wan could never give him. Part of Obi-Wan still wanted to honor the memory of Anakin and Padme despite that, even though he knew it was the wrong move to make. Sighing once more, the old Jedi leaned back in the cockpit and opened himself to the currents of the Force.

It was suffused in darkness, but the light he was able to reach still opened itself to his touch. Flowing along the currents of the Force, Obi-Wan saw Luke grow up into a fine young man. Yet…he did not seem happy. This older Luke was too much like his father to be happy on Tatooine. Running a moisture farm just wasn’t in the Skywalker or Naberrie genes. Luke had too much of his parents in him for that.

And as Obi-Wan continued to drift in the currents of the Force, the vision grew darker. Hazy. He could not make out any details, but he felt the pain Luke went through. The young Skywalker would be put through much pain and death in the future. The Jedi had known this would be the case, as Luke was their best hope of defeating the Emperor. Yet...he felt Luke’s pain as if it was his own. If Luke lived with his family, that family would die. Obi-Wan couldn’t say how he knew that, but it was clear as day to him no matter how hazy the rest of the vision was.

I am sorry Master Yoda. But Luke needs more help and guidance than the Lars’ can give him…

And it cemented one thing in his mind.

Dropping the fighter out of hyperspace, Obi-Wan spun it to a new destination. He wasn’t sure where he would go, but he was going to give Luke the childhood that Anakin had never had. He would do that for his brother and nothing would stop the Jedi Master.

(AN: Just let me know if you want to be tagged or not...and if I should continue this or not)

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ahh, tag me (so many stories fall out of sight too quickly). There's always been some connection between Luke and Obi-Wan -due, perhaps, to Mark Hamill rather looking up and being somewhat in awe of Alec Guinness. And it just resonates anyway, this bright and beautiful connection coming from such a tragic severed connection.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Please do continue this. It's a :cool: premise. =D=

4. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Tag me as well. this is an interesting twist. Usually it onvolves the Lars dying somehow before Obi-wan takes Luke, but now, as a child.....

I would like to see where this goes.

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I'd love to read more also. Please tag me.

6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    hmm, I wonder where he will be raised if not Tatooine? Tag me as I like Luke not raised by a jerk uncle owen....

7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I'm in! I've actually only read fics where Obi-wan raises Luke after something has happened to Owen and Beru so this will be an interesting change of pace for me.

8. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I apologize beforehand for the shortness of this update. That being said, I'm pleasantly surprised by the interest it has gotten.

Valairy Scot: I have always felt that way too. There is just a wonderful connection between Luke and Obi-Wan, and I am trying to capture that in this fic. Hopefully that goes well.

Jade_Eyes: Thank you for reading. It is nice to see someone enjoying the fic.

Kiryan: The majority I have seen are that way too. I honestly thought someone had written a story like this before, so I'm somewhat surprised that it doesn't seem to be the case.

Hazel: Ask and you shalt receive ;)

Jedi_Liz: I wouldn't call Owen a jerk...strict maybe, but he was trying his best. That being said, I do agree that Luke is better off being raised by Obi-Wan, and taking the prequels into account makes one wish that had been the case.

ginchy: Glad you like it.

And here we go:

Chapter 2

Sometime later, the blue tunnel of hyperspace once again faded away. Obi-Wan opened his eyes from the meditative state he had returned to during the long journey and took in the view outside the cockpit. As always, there was the expansive starfield, burning balls of gas floating in the ‘sky’ surrounding the fighter. It was a beautiful and eternally innocent vista, one that most Jedi never tired of seeing. Obi-Wan was no exception, even as the war had made the stars seem like just another battle waiting over the horizon. It had been years since the Jedi Master had been able to just enjoy looking at the stars.

Somehow it felt even longer.

“Luke, look around. It’s beautiful isn’t it?” Obi-Wan whispered, as the baby in his lap stared out with his half-lidded eyes.

Obi-Wan knew from his short time with Qui-Gon after finding Anakin that the then-young boy had loved stargazing, once claiming that he would one day visit all the stars in the Tatooine night sky. If Luke was anything like his dead father, then he would almost certainly share Anakin’s love for the stars.

And it seemed like Obi-Wan had been correct, as Luke stared at the starfield, his little face scrunched up as it tilted from side to side. Looking at all the stars in their line of sight as if they would vanish if he didn’t.

Obi-Wan smiled slightly, as he began to angle the starfighter towards its destination. A vibrant world floated into view, quickly eclipsing the stars. Deep blue oceans reflected the bright light of the system’s star. Only a few lights shone from the surface around those oceans of course. After all, the world only had a few small freighters flying to and from it and no Repu…Imperial…warships were in orbit. Obi-Wan was thankful for that, as it confirmed that Dantooine was as isolated as he had been expecting.

Dantooine. Other than Master Windu, I don’t recall the last time a Jedi has set foot on this world. I certainly never did. Isolated and far away from Republic control, its like Tatooine...but without the struggle for life and crime lords.

Turning his fighter towards the planet, Obi-Wan keyed in the traditional comm frequency for planetary traffic.

“This is...Ben Kenobi, requesting permission to land. Do you read, Dantooine Control?”

Ben. That name was one that he had chosen to be his new name, and Obi-Wan would have to get used to using it.

“We read Mr. Kenobi. May we ask why you are travelling in a starfighter? We have no desire to have the War return to Dantooine.” The voice on the other side of the line sounded more weary than anything.

Considering what the war had done to the Galaxy, Obi-Wan could hardly blame them.

“This fighter was given to me by a merchant. I’m afraid it's a bit beaten up and I was hoping to sell it when I landed. I have no real desire to travel anymore, and I can assure you I don’t intend to bring the war here!”

There was silence at first, before a deep sigh echoed over the line. Such a sigh would never have happened on a more populous world...but then, there was a reason Obi-Wan had chosen Dantooine.

“You are cleared to land at Khoona Spaceport. Customs will meet you when you land, Mr. Kenobi. Dantooine Control, out.”

After getting permission to land, Obi-Wan gently brought the fighter down through Dantooine’s atmosphere. Khoonda quickly came into view, a small city of no more than a few hundred thousand citizens surrounding an ancient homestead-turned-administrative complex. The largest city on Dantooine...barely worth the name in the more civilized parts of the galaxy.

It was perfect.

With a small smile crossing his face, Obi-Wan gently touched down and powered down the fighter. Once that was complete, he carefully exited the vehicle while carrying Luke in his arms. In the interests of secrecy, he had opted for an average tunic with his lightsaber carefully hidden away. Because even on a world as isolated as Dantooine, Obi-Wan didn’t want to draw unwanted attention onto himself.

If the Empire ever discovers I am here, Luke will be in danger. I cannot allow that.

Nodding his head respectfully at various people, Obi-Wan walked towards the administrative building. Customs was there to greet him, as he had expected, with a young female secretary smiling at the front of a small group of rather more morose men.

“Aww…that is such a sweet baby. Is he yours sir?” the secretary asked, grinning at the sleepy baby in Obi-Wan’s arms. Instead of following traditional protocol.

That alone managed to make Obi-Wan smiled back sadly. That said though... “Thank you miss, but I’m afraid he is not my child. His parents died during the war. I adopted Luke as they were both quite close friends of mine.”

A look of pained sympathy crossed the woman’s face. “I am so sorry sir. Dantooine wasn’t hurt much by the war, but so many families were torn apart...I’m sure you don’t want to drag up the memories. My name is Naverra Daltross, the secretary for Ms. Marane. The current Governor of Dantooine, I mean. How can I help you today?”

The smile on Obi-Wan’s face grew ever so slightly. The woman was clearly uncomfortable and stuttered as she spoke. At least he knew she was honest, the feeling of regret quite clear in the Force.

“As I’m sure you know, my name Ben Kenobi and this is Luke. I’m here to sell my starfighter and buy a farm so that I can raise Luke in peace.” Sighing softly, Obi-Wan shook his head. As his rusty red hair shook with the motion, the old Jedi sardonically realized he didn’t even need to fake the bone-deep weariness in his gestures. “The War is behind me, and I just want to live away from it all. I’ve heard Dantooine is good for that.”

Daltross nodded sympathetically and marked that information down on a datapad she held in her hands. “You don’t need to see the Governor for that, Mr. Kenobi. However, I can direct you to a shop that will purchase your fighter...once Customs has looked it over and made sure everything is in order. For now, you can see Mr. Sarth in the immigration office about buying a farm.”

Dantooine is far from the core indeed. If I were on Coruscant, I would have to go through much more than this.

Well, Obi-Wan was never one to look a gift bantha in the mouth. He would have to remain on his guard, but if Dantooine was this lax about security the Jedi was hardly going to complain. Bail had already wiped everything from Grevious’ fighter tying it to the Separatists and their General. The Customs officers would find nothing out of the ordinary other than being a unique model.

Giving the young brunette secretary another weak smile, more for her benefit than his, the Jedi began to leave the building. Before he could get far though…

“If you ever need help Mr. Kenobi, just stop by. Dantooine is a friendly world, and we do our best to help new settlers,” Daltross called out, brushing a stray lock of brown hair out of her face.

Obi-Wan nodded appreciatively, “Thank you Ms. Daltross. I assure you, should anything come up you will be the first to know.”

And with that, Obi-Wan left the building and set about finding the immigration office. He would need to find a suitable home for Luke after all.

Because he would do anything for the little bundle sleeping soundly in his arms.

9. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    A new start...and a new ('nuther) woman possibly interested in our Obi-Wan?

Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    You know, you would think that Obi-wan's 'Kenobi' name would be recognisable.....

11. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    One would think so, but he got by on Tatooine with Ben Kenobi, sooo... :p

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    This sounds like a good new start. Lets hope Obi-Wan manages his role as a father-figure well.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great choice for a new home I think. :) It's not so isolated that a new arrival arouses way too much curiosity but it's not in the thick of Imperial activity.

14. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    hopefully Dantooine is isolated enough that the name Kenobi won't grab any suspicions from unwanted eyes.

15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Great beginning!

I love that he (or I guess rather you) chose Dantooine instead, I think it will make for a more interesting planet.

I look forward to reading more of this! Would you mind PMing or tagging me when you update?

16. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    I liked this update. Obi-wan is committed to raising Luke right. [face_love]

17. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Interesting start. Can you tag me. I want to see where this goes. Thanks!

18. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Hi there Skywalker_T-65. :) An interesting premise. I've often thought about what would happen if Obi-Wan blatantly disobeyed Yoda. Plus, it's an OT AU, my favorite genre of fanfic.

The first installment was well crafted, especially the recollections of Mustafar. As for chapter two, the 'stargazing' scene was a perfect touch. Luke's fascination with the cosmos mirrors the scene from TPM well.

Nice job. =D= Please tag me if that's possible. Looking forward to more.

19. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Whoa...I don't think I've ever had this many readers on this site. Glad to see how much interest this fic is getting! I have to warn you all though, I'm writing this when I have time, so the updates are going to come when I get the chapters done, not according to any schedule. Then again, that is what the tag system is for. ;)

Valairy Scot: New start yes, new love... maybe, maybe not...[face_whistling]

Jade_Eyes: There is a reason the Rebel's chose Dantooine after all. Glad to know it is a realistic choice though.

Kiryan: Already answered this one, but one would think that if going by 'Ben Kenobi' worked on Tatooine, it should work on Dantooine. That being said, he isn't going to go drawing attention to it. Sometimes one HAS to give a surname though.

Hazel: It won't be easy, that's for sure. :p

Jedi_Liz: We'll see on that end.

ginchy: Say what you will about Obi-Wan, but he will do everything he can for Luke.

mavjade: Tag ahoy :p

epithree: Glad to know you liked it. I hope I continue to keep that up.

Upon leaving the offices, Obi-Wan raised a hand to his face to cover his eyes from the bright light of a Dantooine sunset. A thin smile crossed his newly shaven-face at the sight of citizens milling about without a care in the world. The War had left Dantooine behind long ago and the Empire had yet to spread its dark hands this far. Obi-Wan was under no illusions that Palp...Darth Sidious would eventually have troops stationed on Dantooine or at least nearby to patrol the system. For now though, the world was peaceful and untouched by strife or destruction. And after how long he had spent fighting, it would not be an understatement to say this was something he craved.

Peace. No need to fight or worry about if he would live to see the next day. More importantly than that, perhaps, was the fact that Luke would not have to worry about. He would grow up on a peaceful world without the fear of death or slavery.

I will make certain of that. Anakin...I failed you, but I will not fail your son. Luke will have the childhood you never did.

Letting his hand fall to his side, the old Jedi Master moved towards the immigration office. Helpfully marked by a rather large and rustic wooden sign placed in front of it. A sight that had the smile on Obi-Wan’s face growing ever so slightly.

“Oh, Dantooine is perfect for Luke, no question of it.”

Adjusting the sleeping bundle in his arms, Obi-Wan entered into the office and looked around for any sign of the immigration officer.

He needn’t have looked far.

Ah, hello! Are you here to purchase a farm?”

Blue-grey eyes shifted towards the source of that alien voice, alighting upon a deep-green skinned Rodian male. The equivalent to a human smile was visible in the way his ear-stalks twitched and his mouth shifted slightly. It was a shame he didn’t speak Basic, as the man looked quite happy for a Rodian.

At least in the Jedi’s experience, memories of Rodia flashing in his mind.

Welcome to the Dantooine Immigration Offices. I can only assume Naverra sent you here, correct? I know everyone in this part of Khoonda and I have not seen you before.” Hearing Huttese spoken in a pleasantly happy voice was something that would take getting used to, though.

Still, Obi-Wan gently inclined his head in a small bow, “Yes, I was directed here by Ms. Daltross. I need to purchase a small farm for myself and young Luke here.”

Sarth returned the action with a nod of his own. “She sent you to the right place. Dantooine is hardly a common destination, but with the War we’ve had people coming in every once in a while trying to escape it all. I assume that’s why you are here Mr…?”

“Ben Kenobi,” the old Jedi replied, sticking to the name he had chosen for himself. And at the easily recognizable look of shock in Sarth’s alien eyes, he let out a weak chuckle. “No relation to the Jedi Master, I assure you. I am quite thankful for that considering what has happened to the Jedi Order.”

As he said that, Obi-Wan walked up to the counter and carefully sat Luke down. He would need both arms for this, though his eyes never once left the baby. Sarth certainly noticed that considering his alien smile grew quite a bit fonder. And whatever suspicion that had been in his eyes faded away at the same time.

I can hardly blame you for that feeling, Mr. Kenobi.” the Rodian replied sagely, almost as if he was sharing in some great secret.

Which, considering the situation, was hardly inaccurate.

“Though I think I will call you Ben, if that is alright with you. Calling someone any variation of Kenobi is bad luck these days, with what happened on Coruscant.”

Obi-Wan’s smile became brittle at those words, “Indeed. And Ben is quite alright, I would rather not have attention anyway. I came to Dantooine to get away from it all.”

Completely understandable. Now!” Spreading his arms over the collection of datapads sitting on the desk, the Rodian official turned his attention fully on Obi-Wan’s grey eyes. “Shall we find you a home, Ben? Is there any preference you have?”

“In fact, yes I do.”

Turning one hand over his shoulder, Obi-Wan gestured out at the bustling sounds of Khoonda just outside the door of the office. It was nothing on Coruscant, but then it didn’t need to be. This was just what he wanted and what Luke needed. Or so he told himself.

“Are there any farms near to Khoonda? I am raising young Luke here alone, and I would rather be close to the city should something happen. I have experience in living far from civilization and it would be a dishonor to his parent’s memory if I allowed something to happen to Luke.”

Ah, he is not yours. The War I assume.” Sarth wasn’t really asking a question, as he held his hand up to forestall any reply from Obi-Wan. “There is no need to explain, Ben. It is against my code to ask such personal questions in a trying time like this. As it happens, at any rate, we have two farms that are on the market and only a kilometer outside the city outskirts. Unfortunately, both of them are in rather...rough shape, shall we say. The owners left for the Core months ago and I’m afraid we do not have the resources to fix up every building.”

“That isn’t a problem. I know my way around tools.”

Living with Anakin makes it impossible to not pick up some little tricks.

Obi-Wan sighed softly at the thought. He knew that those little memories would crop up often. The pain of losing Anakin to the dark, the pain of having to kill him, was still as fresh as the moment he had looked into those acid yellow eyes. It would probably never go away.

Sarth continued to hold to his ‘code’ though and didn’t ask any questions. “Good to hear Ben. This farm, the old Nostri Estate, is the one in better condition. I am afraid it isn’t cheap though. 50,000 credits is what I have to ask for it, if only to satisfy the Governor's regulations.”

Obi-Wan let out an almost inaudible wince at that. His funds from Bail and the fighter, if it sold for what he assumed it would sell for, only added up to a couple hundred thousand credits. Any more money than that and his story would have been suspicious, because a random man going to Tatooine with more money than that was going to raise eyebrows. The plan had never been to come to Dantooine after all.

Well, nothing for it was there? He had dealt with worse than this before, fond memories of getting by on scraps while on missions with Qui-Gon or Anakin flitting across his mind. As such, Obi-Wan pulled out a credit chip and placed it on the counter.

Sarth gingerly picked up the chip and scanned it, humming in the way only one of his species could. It was only once the Rodian was satisfied that all the money was there, that he motioned towards a back room.

Everything appears to be in order, Ben. If you will follow me we can transfer the Estate to your name now.

Obi-Wan nodded again and picked a dozing Luke back up. Cradling the baby, the Jedi followed the Rodian to his office.

After a few minutes of work- even now, the Jedi Master was nothing if not thorough -Obi-Wan finished and handed his datapad back to the immigration officer. Sarth nodded his green head after reading the ‘pad, and stood up to shake Obi-Wan’s hand. The grip of his green limb was tight and friendly as the smile on his face.

Welcome to Dantooine, Ben. I’ll have a speeder take you to your new farm so you know the way there.”

“That isn’t necessary,” Obi-Wan replied with a shake of his head. He could hardly impose on the kind Rodian like that. It, well, it went against all his Jedi instincts. “I can find my own way easily enough.”

Sarth just continued to smile at the Jedi, “I do this for all the immigrants, Ben. Consider it a proper welcome to your new home, yes?”

Obi-Wan would have argued the point. Were he still...Obi-Wan. Ben just smiled slightly and moved to stand outside the office once more after promising Sarth he would come back should anything come up.

It was only a few minutes before the promised speeder arrived though. The driver opened the door letting the Jedi and his snoozing charge enter the passenger seat. Obi-Wan was quite careful to not jostle Luke, or his hidden lightsabers for that matter, too much as he sat down. Letting his mind drift away as the speeder left Khoonda, Obi-Wan only tangiently noted how few farms there were once he had left the city. Dantooine was a sparsely populated world at the best of times and this showed it better than anything.

Then again, it had been what he felt was the best for himself and Luke.

At the end of the short journey, the speeder pulled up to a medium sized farm. Thanking the driver, Obi-Wan left him to return to Khoonda and walked up to the door of his new home. Gently using the keycode he had been given to open the door, the Jedi stepped carefully inside. Dust and cobwebs covered everything, old plastic wrappings covering the furniture that had been left behind by the previous owner. The building smelled of abandonment and old dust, but it was home.

The sunlight filtering in through the windows showed a pleasant little home, with little in the way of expensive amenities. If anything it felt like something out of a holovid. Well worn and loved furniture underneath the plastic, in a small living area. A refresher visible off to the side. And a kitchen with proper cooking instruments and not the basic ones that the Jedi Temple had been known for, even in a room of a council member.

In all honesty, I am happy with this. It is simple and it is home. A home that I can call my own.

Jedi cared not for material possessions. However, Obi-Wan could not deny the warmth in his heart at the thought of a home that was his own to raise Luke in.

Speaking of whom...

“Well Luke, this is home now. Admittedly it needs some work, but at least we have it.” Obi-Wan let out a small laugh at the thought. Here he was, complaining to a baby who could not understand a word he said.“Now, get some sleep while I check what supplies we have. I wouldn’t want to exhaust you after all.”

Hazel , Jedi_Liz , mavjade , epithree , Darth_Kiryan , Jedi_Lover , Jade_eyes , ginchy , Valairy Scot

20. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Obi-Wan with a baby - happy sigh. What's Obi-Wan going to do, though, for credits? Luke is going to need milk and we know Obi-Wan cannot supply any.

Jedi_Liz and Jade_eyes like this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL I agree with Val ;) Glad they have a nice place to stay though :D

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Daddy-Obi is so cute! :) I'm really looking forward to more.

23. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Hmm, I also want to know how he intends to earn credits. The remainder of his credits will eventualy deplete.

And Luke is eventually going to need clothes, in addition to milk and diapers.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk HD

24. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    I like that they have a home to stay and Luke will still be a Farmboy. These crops might be somewhat easier to harvest!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  25. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    That was a cool chapter. It's good to know Obi-Wan is fluent in Huttese. Hopefully, he can find a way to make some credits. Thanks so much for the tag.