Saga Luke Kenobi (OT AU, L/M, H/L,)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Skywalker_T-65, Feb 10, 2013.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Maybe he can land a gig as a male stripper as he did on Mos Espa. (In joke, referring to one of my AU's)
  2. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    I apologize for the lack of updates. I've been swamped by other projects, and haven't had as much time to write as I would like. I haven't abandoned it though, it may just be a couple more days :p
    Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  3. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    Sorry for the delay in posting. 'Days in the life of Obi-Wan Kenobi' is surprisingly difficult to write :p

In any case, its getting late, and I have class tomorrow, so I don't have the time to reply to the reviews. But they are very much appreciated. I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

The next day dawned bright and early for Obi-Wan Kenobi. Dantooine’s sun rose and shined through the large window in the bedroom, waking the Jedi up from a restless slumber. Sitting up and running a hand through his hair, Obi-Wan swung his legs over the side of the bed. Getting to his feet, he walked over to the old crib he had found in a storage room. Luke was slumbering peacefully, seemingly oblivious to anything around him.

Obi-Wan smiled slightly, before grabbing his cloak from the nightstand. He kept a close eye on Luke through the Force, while leaving the building to examine the outside more thoroughly. The building was typical Dantooine style, with large square walls, and a red/white color scheme. The paint was peeling in parts though, and one wing of the building looked dangerously close to collapse. Obi-Wan let out a heavy sigh at that.

“That’s lovely. Now I have to find materials to fix the house,” the Jedi muttered to himself.

There was a shack off to the side that Obi-Wan hadn’t explored the previous day. Using a small bit of the Force to open the lock, Obi-Wan stepped inside the dusty shack. There wasn’t a whole lot inside, but the gold mine was an old landspeeder. It was rusty, but appeared to still be useable.

“Good, at least I can use this to get back to town,” Obi-Wan said to himself, “Now I just need to get Anakin to look it ove…”

Obi-Wan had to stop himself from finishing that sentence. Even now, he still made small mistakes like that. Years of living with his ‘brother’ had left him out of his element without being able to talk to Anakin. And the gaping hole where their bond used to be still pained Obi-Wan at times. Letting out a sigh, Obi-Wan cleared a path for the speeder. He then carefully activated the old engine, and maneuvered the vehicle into the open.

After making sure it was secure, Obi-Wan was ready to hop out and go back into the house. But before he could, he felt something probing at his mind…at the tattered remains of his bond with Anakin. The light burned brightly in whatever was doing it, and it momentarily confused Obi-Wan. But then he heard crying from inside the house, which drew his attention away from the bond.

The Jedi Master quickly sprinted into the house, heading straight for the bedroom. Luke was crying and Obi-Wan had no idea why. He quickly picked the baby up, and rocked his arms trying to calm Luke down. The baby continued to cry, until Obi-Wan started to softly sing the song he had heard in the Creche. Luke slowly calmed down and looked up at Obi-Wan, blinking his blue eyes clear of their tears.

Obi-Wan sighed softly, “You gave me a good scare there Luke. What in the Force was wrong?”

Obviously the baby couldn’t answer, so Obi-Wan just sighed again and set Luke back down. He went searching through the house until he was able to find a stroller (thanking the Force it was there) and he carefully buckled Luke up. He couldn’t continue carrying Luke in his arms everywhere they went after all.

Leaving the house, Obi-Wan carefully strapped Luke into a makeshift carseat, and set the Speeder back towards Khoonda. He had to find a job to support Luke, at least until he could get the farm operational again. Pulling into the small city, Obi-Wan headed back for the starport. Now was a good a time as any to take Ms. Daltross up on her offer to help after all.

Setting Luke in the stroller again, Obi-Wan walked into the office. Daltross was sitting at her desk again, and looked up when Obi-Wan entered with a small smile.

“Mr. Kenobi! Sarth told me he sold you that old farm. I’m glad you were able to find a home so soon,” the secretary said, “Did you need more help with something?”

Obi-Wan nodded, “Yes I do Ms. Daltross. Young Luke here needs food, and I spent nearly all my credits on the farm. Is there anywhere in Khoonda I could acquire a job?”
    Daltross looked thoughtful, “What are your skills Mr. Kenobi?”

“I can do manual labor, and mechanics,” Obi-Wan answered right away, purposely picking things that wouldn’t expose his training.

“Hmm…I believe that the spaceport is looking for a mechanic,” Daltross suggested, “I would try there.”

Obi-Wan nodded, “Thank you Ms. Daltross. Luke is more of a handful than I anticipated.”

“Aren’t they all?” the secretary said with a laugh, before saying goodbye as Obi-Wan left the building to go see if he could find a job.

But now that he could think about it…the probing of his bond with Anakin still confused him. By all rights, nothing should be able to connect to it. Anakin was dead…and Vader wouldn’t be able to access the bond. Obi-Wan was worried about just what this probe meant…and who exactly was doing it…

@Hazel , @Jedi_Liz , @Jade_eyes , @mavjade , @epithree , @Jedi_Lover , @ginchy , @Darth_Kiryan , @Valairy Scot
  4. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, either Anakin subdued Vader or - Anakin's son tuned in to the bond. Right?
  5. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    My thoughts exactly.

I'm really enjoying this story. Keep it coming, please. :)
  6. Blue Ice Cream Force Ghost

star 5
    Interesting. Someone is probing the bond. I wager that it's... somebody. :D
  7. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Thanks for posting @};- @};- Glad Obi's getting more situated job-wise, etc. And I agree with earlier posts, :D Luke's nascent skills are showing. ;)
  8. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    I think Luke somehow accessed the bond. Or maybe.....well.....not sure if you watch CW, but if you heard about season 5's finale...
  9. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't watch CW :p

Though even not venturing into LACWAC its rather hard not to hear about it.
  10. kayladie97 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm hoping that you're still planning on updating this story, cause I think it's absolutely awesome! I'd love to see where you're going with it.
  11. JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost

star 4
    This is really, really good. =D= I love stories wherein Obi-Wan raises Luke. :) Very curious to find out who is probing the bond. Hopeful that somehow Luke has managed to do it. :p

Please tag me when you update. :)
    Last edited by JediMaster_Jen, Jul 28, 2013
  12. EmeraldJediFire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Bravo! When I first saw the title I was hesitant but this is good. Makes me eager for that Kenobi book coming out this August
    Last edited by EmeraldJediFire, Jul 28, 2013
  13. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    Well I hadn't been planning on doing more since the muse dried up...but since there seems to be interest, I can try and work something up :p
  14. EmeraldJediFire Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Well, only if you feel it. No pressure.
  15. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    Eh, I've been meaning to get back into SW writing, and what better way than this?
    Nyota's Heart likes this.
  16. EmeraldJediFire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Well, if you're certain than we'll be here waiting.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade