main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke*Leia's adopted parents

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Lyvia, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyvia

Lyvia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    Leia is taken in by the Oragana's and she calls Bail her father and it can be assumed she called his wife her mother.
    Why did the Lars have Luke call them aunt and uncle?
    I k now this isnt a big thing and it doesnt bother me I was just wondering. Luke seems to be a lil obsessed with his biological father more than Leia with her biological parents, and I wonder if it was because she had "parents" while Luke didnt.

2. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Well Owen and Beru were step Uncle and Aunt to Luke, so there is a reason for him to call them that, they are sort of his legal guardians. Bail and his wife had no connection with Leia but do adopt her and so become her parents. Of course it could come down to choice, Leia is aware she is adopted and she could have decided to call Bail father, while Luke obviously knows Owen isn't his father and decides to call him Uncle. :-B

3. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Yeah, Leia is adopted

Luke simply lives with his family. Even though there is no blood relation, they're simply part of his family - the only part.
    He calls them Uncle and Aunt, because that's true. One of the very few truths they told him...

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    True...

5. Delta_62

Delta_62 Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 20, 2005
    Also, Leia wasn't originally intended to be Luke's sister.

6. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    What everybody else in this thread said.

7. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Pretty much what he said. Leia is adopted...blah blah blah...

I feel that Owen and Beru made it clear to Luke from day one that they weren't his parents. Owen specifically had an issue with Anakin, but the reason may just have been to shelter Luke. I think that Owen and Beru honestly didn't want to give Luke false impressions about them. The last thing the son of Anakin (and the betrayfull nature he would eventually show) would need to be lied about where he came from. If he was deceived from day one, what example would that be for Luke to live in a moral/ethical/light side manner? Yes I know, the argument that Obi-Wan deceived him about his fathers death could be an issue; but that also, to me, could be something to bring the dark side into Luke's life before he was able to realize it, repel it, and control his emotions regarding these feelings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.