main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke, Mara, love, and what their future holds

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JadeTheMara, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Mara a murderer? Luke a hero?

It's all from a certain point of view. For an Imperial, was Mara a murderer? Was Luke an hero? Probably not.

To me (one who sees the Rebels as the traitorous anarchist terrorist tyrants they were), and mind you, I hold a very strange belief system, it would have been better if the Empire had triumphed. I don't think Mara was a murderer, no more than any other political assassin. And not only that, she was indoctrinated almost from birth that what she was doing was right. Who are we to say what's right or wrong? But that has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

The marriage of Luke and Mara seemed like it happened way too far into the EU. There's some pretty strong suggestions of that at the end of TLC, though Zahn probably didn't want to start too much stuff in the first books. Both of them have had numerous failed "relationships".

If Mara did die, I think that would be it for Luke. He's had too many other failed relationships to try again (plus he's too "old"). It would have to be a Jedi, and who else is there?

2. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    In my eyes, Luke himself became a Jedi Master long before he earned it as well.

3. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    If Mara did die, I think that would be it for Luke. He's had too many other failed relationships to try again (plus he's too "old").

:eek: Luke is not old!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.