main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke or Han?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by LukesGirl, Aug 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    Han needs to get rid of some of his ego. He is too full of himself. Luke, on the other hand, is humble and modest. VOTE LUKE!

2. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    ok kermit im here im here...hmmm...

Well, someone(i think it was liz) said that luke is better on the darkside cause he's stronger--stronger in what, may i ask? well, when he has the darkside he has more strength to take lives, weaken lives, wreck havoc on lives, and pretty much kill anyone who even annoys him the slightest bit. VOTE HAN!

and in response to the "Han has too much ego" bit, that ego won the heart of Leia, not to mention millions of fans, gave him the courrage(how the heck do you spell that?!) to save lives(unlike luke who, with the darkside, KILLS lives), and just plain makes him a hell of a lot hotter! VOTE HAN!

and yes,Han needs more votes right now, not luke.

and this all reminded me of the rebellion. Luke fans represent the Empire(dark side and all i might add), and Han fans represent the Rebellion--which is in the minority but slowly and surely growing in population and has a lot more spirit, cause WE don't devote our lives(and the lives of others) to the dark side! humph!

3. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    *raises eyebrows* and, pray tell, how do Luke fans represnt the Empire, the dark side? And, prithee let me know, who said the dark side takes lives? People kill people, not sides of the force.

4. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    the dark side ASSITS a being in killing. palpatine could have never atempted to kill luke with DARK SIDE FORCE LIGHTNING if (1)he was not strong in the Force and (2)he did not have the power of the dark side with him.

and look the witches of Dathomir: their bodies were literally decaying becuase they used the dark side so avidly.

and you represent the Empire loosely, i was just using a bit of humor!
    you represent the darkside cause you wanted luke ON the dark side, and with him--well then you have an emperor... :)

5. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Not all of us want Luke on the darkside, and we know he proable wouldn't turn since he tried to always up hold the light. I once heard Mark say that it would have been cool to have Luke turn to the darkside but George Lucus didn't want that, I don't think that is so bad, it would make the story more intresting, but I rather have George Lucus's idea. Some of us like to see a darker Luke. Like some of us would like to see Han use the Force.

6. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    *sigh* I don't think we'll ever solve that darkside/lightside debate.
    Well, tell me, if you're against the dark side, what makes Han so lightside? He shot Greedo first, is a scondral (sp?), and a spice smuggler. He ain't exactly a boy scout!

7. LukesGirl

LukesGirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2000
    Luke is a good guy!!!!!!!! But I sometimes like to read about AU of him turning to the darkside.

8. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    geez! helloooo-oooo? anyone there, liz? Han doesn't have to worry about turning to the dark side! he doesn't have the Force (contrary to what some people thought after they read HT)! thats one BIG difference!

hey Kermit! i backed you up, where are you to help me here?

9. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    no, Vergere, you were talking about Han representing the Rebellion and the light side. Well, how is he representing the lightside? (btw, rebellion=lightside in your thinking in case you don't get my connection)

10. Lumpawarump

Lumpawarump Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2000
  11. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    *sticks out her toungue at the Han ppl* see, another Luke vote. *realizes what she wrote* uh...hi. One more for Luke!

12. Kenian

Kenian Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2000

One more for Han here.

13. Darth_Nubian

Darth_Nubian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    did you see the look on Luke's face after he chopped off Vader's hand. someone that possesed would kill his best friend. With the dark side of the force as his ally Luke would be the best. Otherwise I have to go with Han because he's not a goodie-two-shoes

14. Scarlett

Scarlett Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2000
    Definitly Han.

15. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    yay! another HAn vote! bring out the parade! :)

16. Kermit

Kermit Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2000
    Sorry, Vergere. Had to leave work for awhile (translation: no net access). Thanks for sticking it out. But I'm back and....

HAN is the BEST!!!!!!!

Luke is humble and modest? I dont think so.
    1-he believes he can get Leia out of the detention of the DEATH STAR
    2-he continually challenges the leading of Jedi Masters
    3-he goes to Bespin even though he is warned not to

HAN's show of "arrogance" on the other hand is from years of experience and more a show than anything.

HAN: "I dunno, you think a Princess and a guy like me?"

HAN fans, where are you hiding? Come on over and VOTE HAN!

17. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    I remember seeing Star Wars for the first time in 1977 with all the girls around me ogling over Luke Skywalker and thinking to myself "You can have the boy, I'll take the man". Always been a sucker for charming scoundrels, so chalk another one up for Han.

18. Kermit

Aug 2, 2000
    THANK YOU!!!!

19. Princess Sari

Princess Sari Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2000
    I think I'm gonna have to go force a bunch of people to come over here and vote for Han....

As for Han's ego, that's what makes him Han. ::grin::

Okay, I'm off to recruit!

Sari

20. RHammer86

RHammer86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2000
    I like Han. Luke is such a dork.

Han is a risk taker!

Ryan

21. Kermit

Aug 2, 2000
    The tide is turning!!!!! GO HAN!!

CORELLIANS RULE!!!

22. Lumpawarump

Lumpawarump Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2000
    Luke isn't a risk taker? That's not what Yoda or Obi-Wan would say.

23. KryptoniteSaber

KryptoniteSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2000
    Luke is my dreamboat...the hot-lookin' guy in black......

24. Donimkal'tar

Donimkal'tar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2000
    Han Solo, King of Corellia!

Luke didn't even make a joke! Well, ok, he has a hard life... but frozen-in-carbonite isn't such a funny alternative...
    HAN SOLO!

25. LukesGirl

LukesGirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2000
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Okay here it is...............

Luke has 39

Han has 40 *close her eyes and faints to the ground*

Alright I'm back! Come one Luke fans!!!!!!!! I admit that Luke was a little farmboyish (is that a word? Well it is now. lol!) in ANH, but did you see him in ESB?

I have to admit something else. Today at school I said I didn't like cocky people and my friend (also a SW fan. She's a Han fan) said that Luke is cocky. Which is kinda the truth. OH GEEZ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.