main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke or Vader?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthStothe, Dec 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthStothe

DarthStothe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    After the PT started, everyone who thought Luke was the main character in the OT, and Luke was the hero in the OT, began to think: No, Anakin is.

I want to know what you guys think!

I still think Luke is the one of the OT, Anakin.

*Not counting other main characters in the movies (EX: Han, Chewie, R2, 3P0, Leia, Obi, or Padme, ect, ect.....). This is only about Luke and Anakin/Vader.

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    George says the films are about Anakin's rise, fall and redemption, but Luke is the main character of the OT, the main character can't be a bad guy.

3. annie_skywalker001

annie_skywalker001 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    The main character can't be a bad guy.

That's not entirely true.

4. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Anakin is not a bad guy, he's a villain.

His intentions were good at heart.

5. Annbri

Annbri Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    I intend to kill millions of millions of people, but it's for a good cause. Do you want to buy a candy bar?

Sorry, but that's just a little twisted, methinks.

6. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    The whole story is about the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin and the story of those people that influenced his life. I would venture to say that Anakin is the main character of the PT, while Luke is the main character of the OT. I think GL uses the two triologies to compare and contrast the decisions made by both and how those decisions eventually achieve the main objective, which is Anakin's redemption.

7. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    It's Anakin's story, but told from different perspectives; Lucas says in the PT it's the Jedi, OT the droids. And Anakin isn't a bad guy; Vader is. Anakin redeems himself. Luke just helps out along the way.

8. Destined-to-Fall

Destined-to-Fall Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    I would say that Anakin is the main charactor in the movies until he is seduced by the Dark Side and Darth Vadar takes his place. The boy/man known as Anakin no longer exists until he is redeemed in the final climax and during that time Luke becomes the main focus. I completly agree that the movies are about the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin Skywalker and all the other characters are there to tell his story to the fullest.

I love Anakin. Poor poor Anakin. Why did they have to make him so lovable before his turn!? I know, because Geroge wants girls like me to SUFFER!

Chosen to Rise - Destined to Fall

9. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    That's the beauty of the tragic hero. They're just like us but they have that one tragic flaw which causes their fall from grace.

10. NewGuy917

NewGuy917 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Anakin isn't a bad guy, he is just misunderstood.

11. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    In all 6 movies Anakin is the main character,its his story-SW is centered around him.

12. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    Even before the PT's first movie came out, which was TPM. I knew The main CHaracter was Darth Vader A.K.A. Anakin Skywalker.

GL, Prounced this back in 1996-1997. during the Re-release of the SWT.

I always knew Anakin Skywalker was the Hero of the Whole Saga. not Luke.

13. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

Luke is a plot device. :p

14. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    The roles switch once it gets into the OT, Luke is the main character now...sorta like what RM said something like "between all these worlds and characters, deep down it's really about a family". The main storyline is about the twisted Skywalker family struggling through the crazy GFFA, with other great characters along the way (Han, Obi, Qui-Gon, Lando........................Jar Jar). There is so much more I can write but I love star wars SO much my mind isn't working that well...it's such a great saga.

15. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    There's the two main characters for the whole story, and then there's three or four other core characters in each 'section' (OT, PT)

OT: Luke - Han, Leia, R2, 3PO
    PT: Anakin - Obi-Wan, Padmé, Yoda

Plus the bad guys, of course

16. Annbri

Annbri Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    Actually, everything is about Artoo and 3PO and their amazing good/dumb luck and ability to belong to all the right people at the right times.

17. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    I'll just say it's about skywalkers...but in my heart vader is the main char. in all 6 films.

18. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    The saga is all about Anakin but the OT deals more with Luke and Leia.

19. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    DUH people... it's a split.

Anakin and Luke are both responsible for bringing balance to the force, (You can't have one without the other) so the answer is both.

20. Cyber_SkyForce

Cyber_SkyForce Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 2002
    Its a total split. Vader is a main charter, luke a hero for most but annie gets his points too.

21. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I say it's Anakin. The whole saga, and almost every character in the saga, has a connection with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.