main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Macon, GA "Luke" prosthetic arm

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Smiling-Otter, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    http://spectrum.ieee.org/video?id=221

Very cool, but should I be more happy or more worried that they keep a lifesize Terminator endokeleton in the office?

2. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Pretty awesome.

Cliche ahead:

We've taken our first step into a larger world.

3. litllejedi

litllejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
    That is amazing and disconcerting at the same time considering its funding source. Put this technology together with Honda's Azimo and we have an army, a droid army.

4. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Of course I'll have to save judgement until after I watch but I saw a teaser for a show on The Discovery Channel next Sunday (Feb. 17) that will address the possibility of real life "Jurassic Park" genetic engineering.

5. litllejedi

litllejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
    I saw that teaser as well and I'm intrigued but I think what they are actually trying to do is bring that bee back and calling it a dinosaur. The bee would be feasible. Like the wooly mammoth project thats going on right now. They can and are doing it but it will take several generations of hybrids before they are close to a pure mammoth. Bee's on the other hand have significantly shorter life cycles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.