main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker and...hot cocoa? :-)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Chaotic_Serenity, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Never mind the hot chock . . . what's the deal with bloody CANTIAS?!

Bars and cantina-named bars . . . is that all SW is? It's all I've seen in a dozen years. What about dance bars, like the one Anaderon visited to see the white wabbit thing in the beginning of Matrix? SW can have that sort of stuff, and aimed at younger audiences now, what would be better? [face_batting]

2. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Well in KOTOR the cantinas have a bounty office, a dancing room, a gamblers room, and a duel room. Now that's one cantina! :D

3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Actually the bounty office and the dueling office were in different cantinas :)

4. Callie_Skye

Callie_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2004
    aww Luke and hot cocoa. *grins* it doesn't take a lot to make me happy. =) Two perfectly tasty things. (*big silly smile* I'm lame, I know!!!)

5. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >Is it possible that pure water has some sort of nice effect (intoxicating, for instance) on the system of someone who is not particularly accustomed to getting it in its pure form?<

It's a status thing. On Tatooine, water is the single most expensive liquid on the planet.

Which does *not* make the new revelation about Luke's drink in ANH any less funny, considering that he grew up on a moisture farm... :D

TC

6. The_Ubiqtoriate

The_Ubiqtoriate Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2004
    Meanwhile Kenobi is cruising the nightspots and chugging down the liquor like nobody's business. And if anyone interrupts the binge - wham! Off with the arm.

Whatta man!

Inside the Worlds of Classic Star Wars has Ben's pitcher of "cactus pulque" in the basement.

Old man loves his tequila.

- The Ubiqtoriate

7. World_Devastator

World_Devastator Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2004
    Meanwhile Kenobi is cruising the nightspots and chugging down the liquor like nobody's business. And if anyone interrupts the binge - wham! Off with the arm.

Whatta man!

Must be really depressing having to chop off limbs every time you go out to have some drinks... ;)

8. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    not hot cocoa..

HOT CHOCOLAT FOOL

9. DeJade_Vu

DeJade_Vu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002

Wait, let me get this straight...in ANH, did Luke really order a water at the Mos Eisley cantina?

I always thought, "gee, is the drinking age eighteen in SW?" [face_laugh]

10. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    That's really not so surprising. The drinking age is 18 in Britain, for example. Besides, in a cantina like that...I don't think the owner cared as long as he was paid.

Ahh, but I rewatched SW last night just to check this out. I forgot how cute Blondie - I mean, Luke Skywalker was he was first introduced. Gosh, he was *so* young looking...so innocent, naive, and full of dreams. No wonder Lucas felt the need to psychology scar his character by the second movie.

I'm wondering at the amount of food and drink we see in the EU books. :) It's interesting how often authors resort to describing worlds by what they offer to provide for human needs.

11. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    On Tatooine, water is the single most expensive liquid on the planet.

Why? Any other drink is made out of water.

The drinking age is 18 in Britain, for example.

In Spain there is no drinking age--anyone can drink.

12. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I doubt a lawless world like Tatooine would have a legal drinking age. They'd serve anyone.

13. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    A universe without hot chocolate is a universe I wouldn't want to live in.
    Speaking of which, I think I'll make me a cup before bed. Might help with my cold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.