main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lord Vivec, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Hey. I'm taking a leaf out of 000's book and starting this thread. (thanks 000)
    Since Del Rey doesn't have anything out on the book, you can post what you want the book to be about. Let the ideas run wild.

Hopefully, they'll get their act together and get the book started, but until then, well...

have fun

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Though it should be noted that, unlike the Oct 08 HC, we haven't been given an indication as to when info will be made available on it.

3. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I'm wagering that it's going to be another book in the Sith series that they're doing with Darth Bane and Darth Plagueis.

4. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Darth Ruin?[face_thinking]

The Darth trilogy... sounds good!:D

5. phantasm66

phantasm66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2000
    Darth anything trilogies would be great - and very much anticipated. Maybe even a few books on how Darth Bane 'consolidated' [face_mischief] the Sith Empire after the falling out over the Jedi/Sith war.

Mass extermination to make sure that in the end, there were only 2.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd say a Count Dooku TPM/AOYC bridge novel would be the logical extention of these Sith novels.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It will definitely be Sith.

Maybe the beginning of the Sith? With the origins of the Jedi and Republic thrown in as reference?

8. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    It kinda surprises (and confuses) me that we have info on the October 2008 hardcover, and not the February. A Dooku bridge novel would be nice though.

9. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Maybe a Exar Kun era book

10. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006

Maybe it will show how the original dark jedi left the jedi, and their quest to find korriban and the like

11. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Seconded. His backstory is ripe for exploration, Legacy of the Jedi notwithstanding.

12. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999

A couple months back they changed authors and the direction the novel was going to take. From what I've heard they are in talks with a new author and coming up with ideas, but LFL has a definate time they want the book to take place in. It'll probably be announced by the end of the summer, if not earlier.

With the recent resurgence of the Sith since RotS, I say it'll definatly involve them. I'm gonna lean towards a Dooku book for the moment, but leave room for possibly a Jacen novel taking place either between NJO-DN or DN-LotF.

13. JaySkywalker01

JaySkywalker01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2005
    Dooku novel? ZZZZZZZ.....
    Was the guy not boring enough as supporting character so he has to get an entire novel based around him? Seriously, he is one of the worst bad guys ever in the GFFA (Waru notwithstanding). Of all the Sith in the galaxy (Kun, Qel-Droma, Revan, Malak, Traya, Addendu, etc.) you want a novel based on this stuffy old man Sith? Come on!!! What a waste of trees...

That being said, my favorite portrayl of Dooku would have to be in the ROTS novel. Great insight into what made the guy tick.

The worst would have to be in DR where he goes on for pages about how he is...well, old. Yeah I want a novel with this guy...[face_praying] noooo

14. Balder

Balder Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    Well since we have a I see a bridge novel too, but a Darth Bridge, to take us from Bane Plagueis. Then again, that was a period of hiding, so it may not be very exciting.

15. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    A Dooku novel would be great.

16. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Vectivus maybe?? HIs short bio sure sounded different enough from the typical.

17. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    No problem. Like Quest said though I started that one because I knew that the book would be announced within the next day. ;)

My guess is a Dooku-centric TMP-AotC bridge novel like others have said.

My hope is a DE lead in.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    TIE Fighter or Imperial Commando. :p

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Dooku novel? ZZZZZZZ.....
    Was the guy not boring enough as supporting character so he has to get an entire novel based around him? <<

Depending on when it starts in the timeline, we have the potential for Dooku/Qui-Gon interaction, Sidious's recruitment/turning/training of Dooku, his departure from the Jedi Order, erasure of Kamino from the archives, the ordering of the Clone Army, the death of Sifo-Dyas, Jango Fett's training of the clones (and his interaction with Tyrannous post-Bounty Hunter & Open Seasons), the formation of the Separatists, the creation of General Grievous, etc.

Even if you don't like Dooku, it's hard not to be tempted by a book that could feature Qui-Gon, Sidious, Sifo-Dyas, Jango Fett and Grievous to one degree or another.

And it's also the logical completion of a series of Sith-centric novels.

Bane: Path of Destruction
    Plagueis: Oct 08
    Palpatine: Cloak of Deception (granted, it's not Sidious, but still)
    Maul: Shadow Hunter
    Dooku: ??
    Vader: ROTS/DL

20. Reecee

Reecee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    I'm guessing a KOTOR-era stand alone or a Purge-era novel at this stage. This allows them to expand further into these eras in their next contract :p

21. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    except it requires the entire rest of the Jedi Order to be profoundly idiotic.

sigh.

I actually think Dooku might turn up in the other hardcover. Luceno, unlike most, seems to have some respect for Dooku as a character.

I don't know about this hardcover. Rise of the Fels would be interesting ;)

22. BobaKareu

BobaKareu Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 24, 2005
    Oh yuck, I can't see why everyone wants a Dooku bridge novel. I agree that it SEEMS logical, but he's so boring!

It's pretty much impossible that it'll be the third Republic Commando book *sigh*, and there are only a few eras that aren't cluttered enough as is. The chances of being a DE lead-in (which sounds awesome) or spanning the years between NJO-DN-LotF are pretty much slim to none.

Which leaves a proper TPM-AotC book (which would be a possible Dooku novel), the Dark Times, perhaps a Clone Wars novel, or something pre-Episode I.

I'd love to see another Dark Times story, although that's probably unlikely because of the Reeves/Perry trilogy.

I guess my best hope is to set it pre-Episode I. Perhaps focus on Qui-Gon?

Or heck, call the novel, "The Fate Of All The Really Cool Characters Dark Horse Couldn't Kill." You could have Asajj, Aurra Sing, Kir Kanos, and Quinlan Vos all in some retirement home for characters who were beloved back in the day, and fell away into obscurity. Guest appearances by Vongerella (who never even showed up!) and Callista. Heck, as long as we find out what happened to 'em, you can be sure I'll pick it up.

Basically, too many choices right now for me to settle on just one.

23. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    I was hoping for another Old-Republic novel, but with the Plagueis novel announcement I like even more the idea of doing a TPM/AOTC bridge as a third Sith novel. The Plagueis book shows that they're not forgetting the prequel era, at least.

For the record, November 2007 to November 2008 will encompass the last three LOTF books, all of Coruscant Nights, this book, and the Plagueis novel. Not too shabby a lineup.

24. jacenskylo

jacenskylo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    Actually I thing 2nd Quests locic makes perfect sense regarding Dooku and sith novels coming out. Although I think Stover handled the character in the ROTS novalization as well as Luceno did in LOE. However, I loved Stewarts take on the character in the Yoda DR.

25. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Timeline placement?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.