main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker and the various hands', inquisitors, dark side adepts etc.............

Discussion in 'Literature' started by skywalker-singh, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skywalker-singh

skywalker-singh Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2002
    Some of the most interesting "star wars" material were in sources, in my opinion, outside the books- KOTOR, Kyle Kataran etc.........

Now we learn that apart from vader- the emperor had a series of hands', dark side adepts, inquisitors etc............

Anyone find it interesting that throughout the bantam/del rey book run and various other sources, there is none or very little interaction between luke and any of the above mentioned.

The exceptions being "Dark empire" and hethrir in the crystal star (who luke never fought)

I just found it interesting that since endor and througout the years Luke never fought or encountered any of them.
    I would think such a story would make an interesting read.
    Not to mention that Luke being the one who vanquished vader/emperor and being the sole beacon of the light side- that those who follow the dark side would try to extinguish his light. One could argue it was due to the fact that Luke was too powerful to be bested in single combat- though luke's record, especially in the bantam era against darksiders, has been particularly dismal (part blame has to goto the authors). But that did not stop Sedriss from trying in Dark Empire.

But to take a current example- the Dark Horse oneshot "Purge". A series of "no name" jedi unite and give a good accounting of themselves against Vader, by making a united stand against him.

Further much like vader hunted down the jedi, it would have made sense to show luke face and defeat the last remnants of the old dark order?
    Thought if anyone had to say on this matter. The jedi/sith influence is what makes star wars unique from other series and I find it strange to see that very little is written about luke in open combat facing any of the remnants of those who hunted the jedi down one by one.
    I would find it apt more interesting then say him spending 12 pages fighting a "droidka".

2. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Well Luke has been "interacting" with one of the Emperors hands for sometime now. And Leia encountered another of his hands I Can't remember if Luke ended up meeting her as well

3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Good point. Kir Kanos and bunch of loyal darksiders should try to make a pass at Luke.

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Luke would have fought them, but Kyle Katarn killed them all first.

5. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    That's actually literally true.

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, it is. That man is a darksider-killing machine. The amount of people he has taken out is insane. I wish his legandary status were better reflected IU.

7. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    For shavits and grins, I decided to try and count all the reborn Kyle kills in JO.

I got up 22 before I got bored.

8. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    It's mostly because of Katarn and them killing off each other that Luke never dealt with a lot of these Sithlings and Dark Siders.

Jerec was a product of the old Jedi Order, and would've faced Luke with the power of the Valley of the Jedi at his command had Kyle not been given a crash course in 'Jedi 101' by Qu Rahn.

Kanos is too busy wiping out 'disloyal' Imps and the like to bother with Luke and Co. Lumiya was busy plotting her revenge the past two decades plus to really get involved, and I presume most of the other ones killed each other off.

9. Ashandarei

Ashandarei Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    Luke only gets his hands dirty with the real threats.

*Prepares to run screaming into the night*

10. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    ^....lol

I don't think Kyle minds with the lesser threats.

11. Jodus

Jodus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 21, 2005
    Far as I remember, there are still several prominent dark Jedi kicking around from Palps old crew. Tremayne is still alive I think? Alric Brandl I believe still runs a sector with his dark side son and his dark side gf :p. Of course authors can always create another foe for Luke to face, but for some reason those avenuse have never been addressed. Luke would obviously win rather easily in any case. As of DE he was strong enough to face the Emperor on nearly even terms, and was capable of much more after the fact. Palps dark side pawns would be no match for Luke. I get the feeling that back in the day, Bantam wanted something other than a new Dark side enemy every book. We had C'Boath and Hethrir, the Nightsisters, maybe something else, but they kind of covered that avenue rather well.

And lets face it, Kyle would get there first anyway. Luke would just get to pick up the sabers laying around.

12. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Luke personally deals with Mara, Joruus, Hethrir, Shadowspawn, Kharys, and Roganda. Other Rebels deal with Jerec, his possy, and Carnor Jax. Others were killed by infighting among Imperial factions, namely the Prophets and Sarcev Quest. Most of the rest who weren't dead by then were dealing with the Emperor's regeneration at Byss and either died or went lightside/underground by the end of it. So it doesn't seem like many are missing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.