main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker Costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Phayze, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    What type of advice are you looking for? How to make them? Fabric? Where to buy them? That costume has been on museum tours before, so there are photos posted online, thought I'm sure where at the moment.

2. bwize

bwize Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2004
    Regarding the seam on his cloak, I have noticed that most cloaks/capes like this have a front and back pattern piece, with the back piece possibly cut on the fold (can't remenber seeing a seam down the center back?. It is pretty obvious to me that this may be the case, thus providing for the fullness of the cloak.

Just my 2 cents.

bryan

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Unlocked and bumped.

4. rehtul-minnau

rehtul-minnau Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2010
    I have been looking for weeks for boots to go with Luke's Jedi outfit, but have had very little luck so far. (Most everything I found that didn't have buckles everywhere were men's boots - much too large, as I am a girl.) I did find these:
    https://www.target.com/Xhilaration-Karima-Leather-Boots-Black/dp/B003ILBL1A/ref=br_1_21?ie=UTF8&id=Xhilaration%20Karima%20Leather%20Boots%20Black&node=370189011&searchSize=30&searchView=grid3&searchPage=2&sr=1-21&qid=1291348087&rh=target_com_primary_color-bin%3ABlack&searchBinNameList=target_com_category-bin%2Cstyle_name%2Ctarget_com_shoe_size-bin%2Clifestyle-bin%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Cpattern_name-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=reviewrank&frombrowse=1

but I'm not sure if they will be tight enough around the calf after I take the top buckle off (or even before), and I'm not sure if the color is too dull or not. Does anyone know if these will work, or perhaps know of a different pair that will?

Also, what would I need to do about the pants? I have tried a pair of women's dress pants, but they do not fit well. (I would like for them to fit like blue jeans, but they come up too high and are tight in some places while being way too loose in others.)

I also need some boots to go with the Tatooine outfit. (I would like to be able to use them for a Classic Leia outfit as well.)

Can anyone help me?

5. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    Do you care about leather or rubber boots?

There are a lot of inexpensive rubber riding/equestrian boots that will work in a pinch.

For Luke's Tatooine farmboy outfit, I've used ugg boots and ace bandages. I darkened the soles to be black and trimmed the shaft of the uggs to get them closer to my shins, then wrapped the ace bandages over them. You can see them here.

6. rehtul-minnau

rehtul-minnau Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2010
    I would like leather, if I could get them. I looked at rubber boots, but the calves were too wide.

Ooh, I like your costume! :D I'll have to look for those boots, then. Are they too hot to wear in the summer? How did you trim the shaft on them? (Can you tell I haven't been costuming long? :p )

I am still not sure about the pants. What is everyone else using?

7. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I use women's rubber boots for my Luke costume, as I have skinny calves, and the "accurate" Museum Replicas boots have HUGE calves!:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=959&bu=coslist.php%3Fview%3Dmy&bl=Back+to+my+costumes

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=494&bu=coslist.php%3Fview%3Dmy&bl=Back+to+my+costumes

I've had them now for 10 years now, and they're still holding up. But until I can find good leather ones, I'm keeping them.

As for pants, I use a pair of tights, as that is what they looked like to me in the shot where Luke is climbing the side of Jabba's barge.

I would recommend using two separate boots for Leia and Luke, as they're different heights and color. Leia's are white leather and Luke's are a tan/off-white suede. Mark Hamill told me they were Hush Puppies. :)

My brother had his ANH boots custom-made:

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=495&bu=coslist.php%3Fview%3Dmy&bl=Back+to+my+costumes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.