main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker Fans Unite II!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Sasha Sawyer, Aug 24, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sasha Sawyer

Sasha Sawyer Jedi Master star 2

Jun 15, 1999
    I received the error message also, but if you go to the top of the error page and click on the Entertainment Weekly Logo, it'll take you to EW's front page and from there you just click on The Greatest Movies Poll, -- so we can still get in. No one is as devious as we.

Luke lags behind yet, and in fact, even Vader is slipping in the ranks! We need to rally the troops! Those Indyites are tireless!

Did you notice that this forum is closing tonite at 7 ET? Ack! I hope it's not for as long as last time (three days!!), I couldn't bear it. And in an effort to be prudent, I think I'll copy the Starbucks thread onto a disk just in case the forum comes back absent a few threads and pages, -- again.

I suggest that while this board is down, we continue our War Council and plans of attack at:
    http://www.InsideTheWeb.com/messageboard/mbs.cgi/mb34595The Mark Hamill Topics Board

What do you say, Jedi Generals?

2. Sasha Sawyer

Jun 15, 1999
    Are you guys out there? Log in and let me know, I'm feeling lonely.

My index finger aches, my elbow is stiff from being held for ages in an unnatural position, yet 425 votes later, Luke is barely holding his own. Latest tally: Indiana Jones 30.28% V Luke with 28.58%.

I think the Indyites are using Hannibal Lecter as their marker, as he is inching up on Darth Vader at a very steady pace! I see The Sixth Sense moving up, so i know y'all are out there, -- somewhere.

I can't believe how much this matters to me.
    Indiana Jones is charming, resourceful, clever, and brave but I believe Luke's guilelessness, compassion and steadfastness make him the true hero.

Blast it, I want him to win!

3. JediPrincess

JediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 1999
    I get the erorr message too, but just keep hitting "back" or "reload" and it usually fixes itself. But I don't think we should worry too much. We moved Luke up about 15% in just one day! It will be fairly easily to topple Indiana Jones from his pedastal.

4. JediPrincess

May 13, 1999
    Aaaahhhhhhhhhh! Hear that? That's the sound of Indiana Jones falling from first place.
    Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker (30.21%)

Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones (30.07%)

5. Toshi Station

Toshi Station Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 1999
    All of you are evil for rigging this contest!

In other words, you're my kind of people!

Go Luke!

6. Sasha Sawyer

Jun 15, 1999
    Toshi: Bwah-ha-ha!!!

Princess: "Great, kid! Don't get cocky!" (It ain't over yet.)

7. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Everyone, haven't been able to vote all morning (I've actually been working--go figure LOL).

I will vote multiple times tonight, though, fellow fans!!! Luke will be #1!!!!

8. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    you gotta love this guy

9. bright sith

Aug 27, 1999
    sorry. I guess I pressed enter too many times.

[This message has been edited by bright sith (edited 09-01-1999).]

10. bright sith

Aug 27, 1999
    you gotta love this guy

11. jedi_cristi

jedi_cristi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    Aaaaaaaaaaagh,
    everytime I go to vote, Windows pops up with illegal operation and closes just that window!

Noooooooooooooooooo

12. Padawanna Cracker

Padawanna Cracker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 1999
    I got "Coil Ire" and "Ill Core" but they don't seem funny, so that probably isn't it.

13. Qui-Gon Generic

Qui-Gon Generic Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 25, 1999
    Ric Olié:

Look! Up above! Three posts! They used to say the same exact thing. They were repetitive! They used to be duplicates of one another! A triple post!

[This message has been edited by Qui-Gon Generic (edited 09-01-1999).]

14. Quaff-Down Gin

Quaff-Down Gin Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 1999
    "Count 'em... THREE!"

[This message has been edited by Quaff-Down Gin (edited 09-02-1999).]

15. id1984

id1984 Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 1998
    Look! This thread is three pages long! It contains messages from many!

* The Wit and Wisdom of Ric Olie *

"Hey! This threads about me! They're talking about me! All these messages are about me! On the Jedi-Council Prequal Spoiler forum. The whole forum is one big group of threads! Hey, ID1984 is pressing the Submit Reply button!"

16. id1984

id1984 Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 1998
    "Hey! That little button did it!"

17. Rebel Spy

Rebel Spy Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 1999
    Hi I'm new here but a real Luke lover too! I'll age myself by telling you that I was 16 when ANH came out & I'll never forget how I felt when I saw that movie. It's really amazing that I never had that experience with any other movie I have ever seen. Just to let you guys know I have been voting like crazy since learning about the poll. Just one little thing, shouldn't we be voting Empire over Raiders too? I would really like to see it take first place. Also at the end of the poll is everyone voting for Star Wars? Maybe that way we'll really beat out Titanic. Also thanks to all of you for all the great Luke/Mark Hamill info & links!

18. bright sith

Aug 27, 1999
    Too funny to be left down there, Up.

19. Home_Sliced

Home_Sliced Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 1999
    I don't think I've laughed so hard since I saw Tommy Boy for the first time. Ric has some great lines but the most obvious SW line of all time had to be in the original when they're on the trench run with the Y-Wings. All you hear is giant laser blasts and then suddenly silence. So Captain Obvious has to tell us:

"The guns, they've stopped."

20. Gruns

Gruns Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 1999
    Next time you see the movie, pay close attention to the scene where Padme is explaining to the Jedi/Panaka how they are going to get back to the palace. (Past the waterfall, yadda yadda...) In the background, you can see what is undoubtedly Ric Olie' trying to score some weed off of that female pilot. Just say 'No'.
    Later!
    Gruns

P.S.- When you get bored, go to this sucky little page just so I can see how many people actually like Ric Olie'. I'm testing that cool hit counter script/service to use on a "real" web page. Thanks!
    http://www.sunlink.net/~mucklman/ricolie.html http://www.sunlink.net/~mucklman/ricolie.html

ObFakeRicOlieQuote: "His lightsaber is double-bladed!!! It has a blade on each end of the handle!!!"

21. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    shouldn't we be voting Empire over Raiders too?

Well, I've been voting for ROTJ myself . That seems to be lagging far, far behind, and as my sentimental favorite of the SW movies, I thought whatever I could do to nudge it forward (or at the very least, keep it in the top 10 LOL), I would do it.

Incidentally, I haven't seen the results of the "the movie you could watch over and over again" question, but I sure hope Star Wars is winning it!!

22. Padawanna Cracker

Padawanna Cracker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 1999
    What do you think Ric likes to do in his spare time? (and I'm sure he has a lot of it)

I always assumed he just kind of sat and stared - ala David Puddy.

23. Wormie2

Wormie2 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    I'm sure Star Wars is winning for that, but what I don't understand (and don't shoot me for what I'm about to say please) is why people prefer Luke and Han over 3PO and R2 as the best duo. Yeah, Luke and Han are great friends and lots of fun to look at, but no one entertains me like 3PO and R2. Far more entertaining, I think.

24. Lieutenant Piett

Lieutenant Piett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    Seems to me that the more you'd get to know Ric, the more you'd be able to finish his sentences for him.

Example: While Padmé, QGJ, et al bum around Mos Espa sniffing eopie emissions, back on the ship it's business as usual:

Ric: "Well, the hyperdrive's still --"
    Panaka: "--broken?"
    Ric: [pause! smile!] "You catch on --"
    Panaka: "--quick?" [closes eyes; massages temples]
    Ric: [pause! smile!] "Gee, Cap'n! You must have a --"
    Panaka: "-- HEADACHE. Yes." [looks at watch]
    Ric: [pause! smile!]

So, how 'bout a game -- What would Ric Say? Here's a scenario:

Ric Olié Goes to Hoth:

1. "Hoth! The whole planet is covered in __!"

2. [Steps outside the rebel hangar]"Gee, it sure is ___ !"

3. [Sees Luke in sickbay] "There's ____! That little medical droid ___!"

4. [in Rogue Group snowspeeder squadron; flies past walker] "There's a _____!"

5. Scene: rapidly collapsing Rebel Command Center: Ric is sitting still, smiling glazedly, blissfully unaware of the chaos around him.

What does he say?

**Piett**

25. JediPrincess

May 13, 1999
    I also think that R2 and C3PO are a better duo. Luke and Han are great, but I don't see them as a "duo". R2 and C3 are almost always together. And Luke and Han are in first place already, so I just vote for R2 and C3PO anyway too keep them in 2nd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.