main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker fans UNITE! (v.2)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by lightknight, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightknight

lightknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Hi everyone! On behalf of Dejade_vu,I restart this thread that has been moved from the Classic Trilogy forum.

Here I copy her words from the beggining of the original thread:

"Hello everyone. I noticed that there was this kind of thread for Han and Leia, but couldn't find one for Luke (though there was one at one time I know). So, I've created one. I think he deserves it. :)

Luke is my most favorite character in the SW universe and I'm always eager to discuss him. So, Luke fans, let's share stories, pics, links, and etc. and basically have a fun time discussing this fantastic character.

Post away!" :D

2. lightknight

Feb 21, 2001
    OK, so we were just celebrating our 100 post... the party has just started!!

3. mistryljediskywalker

mistryljediskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    WAHOO! I'm a huge Luke fan and just found this.

4. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    To say I'm a big Luke fan would be like saying that Palpatine has a fondness for scheming.

Thumbs up for the Master Jedi.

5. DeJade_Vu

DeJade_Vu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002

Thanx for restarting my thread for me, lightnight! I'm going to go see how my old club was locked. If it was in the wrong forum, it certainly took a long time for the mods to notice it!!!

6. Jeid_Skywalker

Jeid_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2002
    so yu all like luke? do u no wot his son is called? i reely wanna no!! i've herd it's Ulic, honouring Ulic Quel-Droma, the warlord who defeated Exar Kun!

7. mistryljediskywalker

mistryljediskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    Luke's son's name is

Rebirth Spoilers

Ben

8. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Yup.

9. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    I am a Luke Skywalker fan and it was a pleasure seeing him in action against the Empire and against his own father, Darth Vader and the Emperor throughout the OT.

10. lightknight

Feb 21, 2001
    Nice to see you again,PTM99!

And welcome everybody! While Dejade inspectionates the latest happenings at our old thread, I'll give you the adress of it's last discussion page, just if you want to know what we were talking about before moving.
    Go here

11. DeJade_Vu

Jul 29, 2002

*comes back* Yup, the thread's locked all right!

Anyhow.

Yes, Luke's son's name is

SPOILER

Ben Skywalker

SPOILER FINIS

and I think that is just awesome. Before Luke and Mara Jade had a kid I imagined they had a boy named Ben. I must have the Force 8-}

Any good Luke topics you can think of? Since it is Christmas, what do you think he's want for Christmas? ;) [face_laugh]

Whoever says power converters gets stuffed in the bacta tank!!!

12. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Well, in the NJO era, he'd probably be happy with the Vong going away, and a big helping of Mara Jade luvin'.

13. OnlyOneKenobi

OnlyOneKenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    For Christmas, I'd bet he'd want to have Anakin, his father, back - and probably his mother, so they can be one big happy family along with Leia and forget all the suffering they all went through in their lives.

14. lightknight

Feb 21, 2001
    Sometimes I wonder if Luke, the Luke of the Expanded Universe would not have wished, sometime, to be back in those times when he was just a teen at Tatooine, working at his uncle's farm, and knowing anything of what was going to happen,but just dreaming and having a simple life...

15. DarthNoll

DarthNoll Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2002
    I agree... I think Luke would want to just be "out of touch" with all the responsibilities, etc... that he has normally. Maybe just for a day or two. He'd take along Mara, I'm sure!

16. DeJade_Vu

Jul 29, 2002

He'd definitely want a day off...I'm sure that being able to lounge around all day long eating Doritos would seem like absolute HEAVEN to him after all the huge hectic adventures he has been in since ANH!

The NJO Luke would want to be with baby Ben again, I'd think--even if only for a day.

He would also want a new prosthetic hand. The fingernails are coming off of the old one. 8-} Okay, that was odd...

8-}

17. Toshi Station

Toshi Station Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 1999
    Calling all of the old Luke fans (you know who you are) !! A new thread has just started.

Where are all of my old buddies?

18. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    *Force bumps topic*

19. DeJade_Vu

Jul 29, 2002

Yeah, Toshi, where ARE all your old buddies?

We'll get them here somehow. *uses force*

UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. lightknight

Feb 21, 2001
    Mmmm, this thread needs a bit of movement...
    Let's see... *plays the record of 'Mad about me', the song that was beeing played in the Cantina when Luke entered there in ANH*

Some rithm will be all right!

21. lightknight

Feb 21, 2001
  22. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Return of the Jedi...

We've seen all of our heros gradually introduced into Jabba's Palace, one way or another.
    But where's Luke? All we've seen so far is a hologram, with Luke looking very different from the boy we remember at the end of The Empire Strikes Back.

Suddenly, the massive gate of Jabba's Palace squeals upwards on its hinges, as if unwilling to open. Standing in the gateway is the silhouette of a cloaked figure. The music is low and ominous, as the figure moves forward. Two Gamorrean guards bar his path, weapons clashing together. With just a guesture from the cloaked figure, they are both left choking against the walls. Jabba's assistant, Bib Fortuna, comes scurrying up the stairs from Jabba's audience chamber.

"I must speak with Jabba." Bib protests. "You will take me to Jabba now." Bib stares into space for a heartbeat, then answers in kind. He leads the man down into the audience chamber, as the figure motivates him with praise.

Facing Jabba down, surrounded by the Hutt's entourage, the figure removes his hood to reveal the features of Luke Skywalker - hair no longer untamed, clad in black beneath his brown robe, and with an expression of calm determination. He orders the release of Han Solo and Chewbacca, and warns Jabba not to underestimate his powers. Despite the laughter around him, he remains still.

When Jabba threatens him in turn, he opens his palm and brings a guard's pistol flying into his hand. The music shrieks into life. The guard grabs at the pistol as the floor drops away beneath them both. They tumble down into a dungeon, as Jabba's minions crowd around the trapdoor grate far above and heckle the young Jedi. As Luke looks around. a massive iron gate at the far side of the cave suddenly rumbles upwards, and a massive hideous beast emerges - the Rancor! For the first time, Luke has a fearful expression on his face, but he does not panic unlike the guard that fell with him. The guard is quickly grabbed and eaten by the huge monster. Looking around for any weapon, Luke can only grab a large bone from a previous victim as the Rancor grabs hold of him. Despite the crushing strength of the beast and its gruesome fanged maw, Luke has a look of intense concentration. He rams the bone into the Rancor's throat at the last minute, and quickly escapes from its grasp.

The Rancor staggers back, but soon crushes the bone. Luke wedges himself under a rock crevice, trying to buy time to think. As the Rancor roars and reaches for him again, he smashes a rock with Jedi strength against it's clawed hand. As the Rancor reels away, he quickly runs between it's legs towards a metal grate, back into the holding cave that the monster emerged from. But he is unable to open the gate, and the Rancor turns towards him once more, trapped inside the small cave. The music reaches a crescendo. Luke fears for his life, as the guards laugh at the young Jedi, but with a burst of speed he grabs a skull and flings it at the door control with all his strength. The Rancor, lowering itself underneath the iron gate to reach him, is caught under the colossal weight - and is crushed to death with a final gasp.

Jabba roars with outrage as Luke is dragged away.

Now, that's just one action scene with Luke. What's not to like?

23. DeJade_Vu

Jul 29, 2002

Awesome! I loved the way you worded that.

Heehee, when you first see Luke in his black cloak (which is by the way a very cool entrance) my young brother used to think he had disguised himself as the Emperor...

[face_laugh]

That was a long time ago, though.

24. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Luke seems very Vader-ish for the first minute, I think. Cloaked in shadows.

I could've gone on, easy. I just didn't want to take up room rambling on :) ROTJ has remained my sentimental favourite SW due to Luke's new-found maturity and powers. Plus his Jedi outfit is utterly awesome.

25. DeJade_Vu

Jul 29, 2002

Oh, ramble for as long as you want. I don't mind.

[sarcasm] Gee, isn't it amazing how people are just pouring in here? I can barely keep up with the replies. [/sarcasm]

I always go on a little rant when my threads fall down a couple pages. Don't mind me... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.