main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker fans UNITE! (v.2)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by lightknight, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    I always thought Luke was giving the impression of 'think, snore, think some more, snore for another hour, oh maybe we should have done something sooner' occasionally during LOTF...

You got to love Luke [face_love]

Oh sorry, I didn't realize they took off the 'look inside' option. Still, I managed to find one of his handwriting. I love the way he ties the U and K in his name... now if I could find that page where he signed his whole name.... suh-weet! This should have the look inside option ^_^

2. rehtul-minnau

rehtul-minnau Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2010
    Fallen-Hero:
    Oooh, that's nice! :D Looks as though he like to write all capitals.

And yet another thing that I wondered: what is Luke mouthing after he blows up the Death Star and Obi-Wan says "The Force will be with you, always."?

3. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    I never noticed he was mouthing anything before... might have to get out ANH and check! [face_blush]

4. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    I do remember seeing such a thing, although I wonder is he really mouthing something or just sighing? [face_thinking]

5. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Oh, yes! He is constantly mouthing things in ANH - in the trash compactor, right after the monster makes a noise for the first time, he mouths "What was that?" and during the Death Star battle, after Red Leader says that he lost his starboard engine, he mouthes "What!?".

Fallen-Hero:
    I never thought about that, but it looks (to me) more like words than a sigh; something like "the Force" or "forever".... [face_thinking]

6. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Great, as if having to watch for Harrison's 'finger pointing' moment in the movies wasn't enough, I'm going to be paying extra attention to Luke's mouthing.... But I did realize something while watching ANH the other day, he really does walk like a duck! So I wasn't crazy when I said that all those years ago in this thread :p

7. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010

And you said I had way too much time on my hands when I came up with a possible evidence of Bender and Mark Hamill being the same being.:p

8. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Excuse me? That's so not the same thing. I mean it's completely obvious to anyone who pays attention. Seriously, when he and Han walk down the stairs to go meet Leia at the Medal Ceremony, he really does walk a la duck-style. At least that's how we call it around here. Okay, so maybe I'm a tiny tad little too obsessed with the Farm Boy, but I still say it's not the same as your Bender & Mark Hamill comparison :p

And you can see it also in ROTJ when he walks up to meet the Emperor. I tell you the stairs are where it's the most apparent.

9. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    .... But I did realize something while watching ANH the other day, he really does walk like a duck! So I wasn't crazy when I said that all those years ago in this thread

Hey. it's not nice to talk about poor Luke like that! :_| And besides, he's the best Jedi ever so he can walk any way he pleases. :p

10. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Well, he is 1.72 meters tall, so he is a bit short, and most short people resemble ducks going up stairs, at least my mom does:p ............and like rehtul says, he's the best Jedi ever, he can walk how he pleases. Oh and by the way, Bender walks like a duck, too[face_whistling] ...................:p

11. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    He is somewhat short, isn't he? I like him that way. [face_love] :p :D

12. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Yeah, Luke may be SO much like his father in most ways, but he inherited at least two things from Padme:

1. A bit of wisdom, compassion, and naive faith in others to temper the impatience and temper he inherited from Anakin,
    2. And, well, his HEIGHT. Certainly doesn't take after his old man in the height department, all I can say! ;)

13. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Aww guys, I didn't mean it that. They do say you tease those you love... wait that sounds kind of creepy considering we're talking about a fictional character >.<;

Anyways, I love the fact that he walks differently from most, that makes his walking unique, just like the way he holds his hands. I mean most people I know crosse their fingers together, but he sets them over each other. Rhetul posted a picture of what I'm talking about earlier so I won't repost it. Will just say, think standing in front of Jabba.

14. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    It's not that creepy....I mean it is, but I've heard creepier. Like studieing body shape to conclude that Mark Hamill is Bender.:p

15. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Yeah, I don't know which is creepier though. You studying Hamill's body shape or Bender's body shape... [face_worried]

16. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I was horrified by both.:p

17. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010

I'll add another to the list: his rather rounded face. And his hair in ROTJ makes it look rounder. (I love that hairstyle....absolutely adorable....[face_love] :p )

18. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    His ANH haircut is fun to wear... yes I'm obsessed enough to cut my hair just like his, your point :p

But I got to agree, I love his whole ROTJ look from head to toe. Think I might try to wear that Jedi outfit for work next year. We had Tinkerbell at work, so now I know we can dress up and come on, who won't recognize Luke Sywalker?

19. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    That's why of all the Luke Skywalker figures i hav in my collection, my favourite is the ROTJ Jedi Knight Luke. It's from the Jabba's Barge scene when he unloads on all the thugs. It might be my favourite figure in my whole collection.

20. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    I think I only own one sort of Luke figure and that's the new Hasbro Snowspeeder Luke from the Saga Legends. I got two of those... Although, I might own a Jedi Knight Luke, not sure, but I think I saw a Luke figure in black once upon a time when packing for the move.

21. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    I've got a TON of Lukes, from the old late-nineties run and the more current Hasbro runs. Heck, I even have the 'Luke in a bacta tank' figure, which is freakin' sweet. :cool:

22. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I have CommTech Luke, Jedi and Farmboy Luke from the Anniversary Collection, and Sandstorm luke from the Legacy Collection.

23. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Oh my god, I can't believe I forgot all about those cuties! I got a bunch of the GH Luke ones. Sides, who else in here can say they have a plushie version of him to squeeze when watching the movies :p

24. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010

You have us beat on that one. Do you dance with him, too?:p

25. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    *glances sideways*

No, but I do sleep with him sitting by my pillow... [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.